Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You lost whatever argument you were going for when you started it with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hear they don't follow a lot of laws, actually. Let's do away with all those laws since they clearly aren't preventing all the crime they're supposed to prevent.

Seriously, how does this logic work internally for y'all that it makes any lick of sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You can build a gun if you want... but, just like those building math labs, risk blowing them selfs up, as a result... a criminal should be forced to risk their lives trying to buy a gun, from a criminal that can shoot them with said gun and just take their money.
    I am pretty sure it was a joke.

Though @Felya I think you're talking about physics labs, not math labs, mathematicians rarely blow stuff up in their labs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You lost whatever argument you were going for when you started it with this.
    I hear they don't follow a lot of laws, actually. Let's do away with all those laws since they clearly aren't preventing all the crime they're supposed to prevent.

Seriously, how does this logic work internally for y'all that it makes any lick of sense?
    Ok, so.. Based on the responses this which was supposed to be a sarcastic and apparently bad analogy for the arguments defending the rather ample gun market "as the criminals would not care about restrictions anyway," was badly articulated. The point I was trying to make was/is that effectively restricting the supply of goods that are not really needed within any reasonable context (e.g. assault weapons) would eventually fix some issues. Or at very least highly unlikely making matters any worse.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2021-04-13 at 04:50 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    To be fair you spoke too soon and tried to score browny points against the NRA. Most of the people in this thread on your side and the other side in my opinion don't seem to give two shits(not saying you since I actually think you do care), as long as it lets people bash the opposite side, and to me that is sickening. You can imagine a lot of different things not existing that lead to deaths. The fact of the matter is that we in the United States have a constitutional right to firearms. Instead of people trying to infringe upon those rights I would like to see existing laws actually enforced. Stop letting criminals plead down their weapon charges. You have places like Delaware that 71% of gun charges get dropped. https://www.delawareonline.com/story...ions/78428440/

I would like to see mental health institutions that Regan fucked over rebuilt and reopened, I don't care if it means I have to pay 1% higher taxes because there is a ton of people struggling out there. We need to stop with the stigma of people seeing a therapist as a bad thing as well. I would like to see schools crack down harder on bullying. So on and so forth. There are numerous things we as a country can do before we resort to infringing on constitutional rights.

I will also state before someone accuses me of being a shill, I do not own a weapon, and I will never join the NRA.
    I did not speak too soon. School shooting. Student dead. I got the body count wrong and Kellhound tried to score points off that.

The Constitutional right isn't an absolute. Just like the First Amendment isn't absolute. Just like any right isn't absolute. We can discuss that issue separately. I think you and I would have a good conversation.

IMO the issue isn't pleading down weapons charges. We simply have too many weapons - with no reasonable way to change it.

I agree about mental health issue and other social problems being addressed. Those are ancillary, however, because other countries have the exact same problems, without the almost daily mass shootings. The one issue that no one can deny is the horrendous number of mass shootings that happen in the United States.

You're not sounding like a NRA shrill, for what that's worth from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    When you call it a mass shooting and it turns out it isnt, yup.

I don't care how many kids get killed while illegally driving drunk either.

So schools shout teach marksmanship, as knowing how to use a gun reduces the chance it will be used illegally.
    It is a "shall issue" permit, which functions like the US background check, for most firearms including semi-autos. Some do not require one at all. Its actually cheaper and often easier to get a full automatic rifle in Switzerland than in the US. Simply put, Switzerland has a strong gun culture, high numbers of firearms, and a fraction of the total violence the US has. Perhaps it would be wiser to figure out why Americans are so much more violent than to try to blame the tools they use.
    This is your NRA shrill. Ignoring the litany of arguments against their position, nitpicking minor points while ignoring the greater problem. They don't even bother to think about the larger gun issue.

They make a point, it's immediately and categorically proven wrong, and they move on to other issues - completely ignoring the fact they were wrong on all their most recent points. That's a shrill.

Strange isn't it. It is almost like the access to firearms isn't the cause. Wonder why no one seems to what to find out what the real cause is......
    You're not qualified to be in this category of discussion until you resolve the first paragraph is issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Though @Felya I think you're talking about physics labs, not math labs, mathematicians rarely blow stuff up in their labs.
    They blew up every time I had them...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    The irony of the right to: both bear arms and vote are enshrined i the constitution but GOP legislators are hell bent on limiting voting but joyfully refuse legislation against guns provided specifically to circumvent legislation?
    Viva la ghost guns!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 people dead at a FedEx nearly 6 hours ago and am the first to bump the thread...

Looks like we are at the acceptance stage...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    8 people dead at a FedEx nearly 6 hours ago and am the first to bump the thread...

Looks like we are at the acceptance stage...
    As has said many times, if Sandy Hook didn’t cause any change, nothing will. The acceptance stage had been long in place.

These gun fuckers love guns more than children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    As has said many times, if Sandy Hook didn’t cause any change, nothing will. The acceptance stage had been long in place.

These gun fuckers love guns more than children.
    Yeah... Something much, much more is required for anything meaningful to happen. And even then, the answer would probably still be "thoughts and prayers" and "more good guys with guns".
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah... Something much, much more is required for anything meaningful to happen. And even then, the answer would probably still be "thoughts and prayers" and "more good guys with guns".
    Thoughts and prayers... god please keep guns safe from crazy liberals...:

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas House approves bill that would allow people to carry a gun without a license
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04...utional-carry/

House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. Texans under current state law must generally be licensed to carry handguns, either openly or concealed.
    they focus so hard on that "shall not be infringed" and ignore all the rest of the amendment
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Whats sad is you and your ilk jump to conclusions and use situations like this for political gain, and then get butt hurt when called out on it.

I dont know how many other countries had a student killed by police this year.
    Remind us again why Switzerland has very similar guns laws but does not have an issue with gun violence?
    Probably because their cops don't have guns. We should emulate that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Texas House approves bill that would allow people to carry a gun without a license
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04...utional-carry/

they focus so hard on that "shall not be infringed" and ignore all the rest of the amendment
    You mean how it refers to the security of a free state (which the US isn't), or how it only mentions people, and not the state?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how many kids get killed
    I at least can admire a warhawk who also takes this stance on guns, versus say an avid warhawk who also is super concerned about civilians and proles owning firearms and uses dead kids to try and get that removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I at least can admire a warhawk who also takes this stance on guns, versus say an avid warhawk who also is super concerned about civilians and proles owning firearms and uses dead kids to try and get that removed.
    Are you talking about Trump? Is this that MTG conspiracy about actors?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Like is said, gun fuckers like yourself don’t care about children.

I mean, do you see the self own in your post? I doubt you have the self awareness to.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 dead in active shooter incident in Austin Texas
    police currently have a shelter in place order
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this the bill that passed just a few days before Texas had a mass shooting incident?

Praise Jeebus for thoughts and prayers, though. Making the world a better place.
    about a week afterward from the Byran Texas shooting

- - - Updated - - -

I think the shelter in place is lifted, but they are still searching for the gunman

I think the shelter in place is lifted, but they are still searching for the gunman
    Out of curiosity...does anyone get out and protest draconian and authoritarian shelter-in-place orders during active shooters? Like, why should the state tell me I can't go outside and enjoy my FREEDOM just because they're hunting a nut with a gun? Why is my freedom of movement limited? WHAT ABOUT MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?

(this is sarcasm, btw)

is this the one who looks like it was a ex cop? think it was a brony yesterday?

i cant keep up, we need a mass shooting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is this the one who looks like it was a ex cop? think it was a brony yesterday?

i cant keep up, we need a mass shooting megathread
    i believe we kinda had one and 90+% of the discussion was about gun control so they merged it here.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity...does anyone get out and protest draconian and authoritarian shelter-in-place orders during active shooters? Like, why should the state tell me I can't go outside and enjoy my FREEDOM just because they're hunting a nut with a gun? Why is my freedom of movement limited? WHAT ABOUT MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?

(this is sarcasm, btw)
    same people who are forced to wear shoes and shirts while going into public establishments!!! Don't you remember the mass protest of 1993?? Damn how people forgot the bloodshed, the horror, the push for our rights!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So...seems like the shooter, or at least the person police think is the shooter, is an ex-officer charged with sexually assaulting a minor - https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...las-broderick/

I thought the cops were supposed to be the "good guys" with guns, or that they'd at least you know, not let a guy charged with sexually assaulting a child not have access to weapons while he's out on bond, but whatever. I'm all for letting folks out of jail for non-violent crimes while awaiting trial, but given the nature of the charge you'd think there would be some stricter rules around what he's allowed to do/access pending his trial.