Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Dreadlord's actions against the Light.

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was JUST there and thinking.. is this new?, but seems so then. I never seen any one actually say dreadlord somewhere before in revendreth, besides lord of the dread etc

Doesn't really say anything new from what we already know

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it will be revealed eventually... but I'm still puzzled by Blizzard's choice to link/retcon/establish the Nathrezim as beings originally from the Shadowlands... instead of just demons.

I'm sure it will play into the larger cosmic struggle arc they are trying to tell. I just don't see why they chose the Nathrezim as the vehicle to tie it to the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I know it will be revealed eventually... but I'm still puzzled by Blizzard's choice to link/retcon/establish the Nathrezim as beings originally from the Shadowlands... instead of just demons.

I'm sure it will play into the larger cosmic struggle arc they are trying to tell. I just don't see why they chose the Nathrezim as the vehicle to tie it to the Shadowlands.
    Not too much of a retcon, there were no implications to the fact that Nathrezim emerged from the Twisting Nether organically vs. having migrated from beyond. It's one of those not-really-retcons that can be waived away by the fact that we never really knew about their origins in the first place, compared to the Eredar/Draenei retcon anyways its teeny.

15+ Year Old Account

Dreadlords have always had a unique position amongst the Legion, they were always vampiric, and IIRC they were the source of all the necromantic powers the Legion ever wielded. They've always been more than "just demons."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Not too much of a retcon, there were no implications to the fact that Nathrezim emerged from the Twisting Nether organically vs. having migrated from beyond. It's one of those not-really-retcons that can be waived away by the fact that we never really knew about their origins in the first place, compared to the Eredar/Draenei retcon anyways its teeny.
    I mean other than being naturally discovered as one of the 'natural' Demon races since the start and prior to the Legion being formed, having a homeworld where they came from, having civilisations that invaded other planets that Sargeras discovered them worshiping the Void, yeah we had no other indication of their origins.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Dreadlords have always had a unique position amongst the Legion, they were always vampiric, and IIRC they were the source of all the necromantic powers the Legion ever wielded. They've always been more than "just demons."
    Dreadlords were supposed to have been nothing but the native inhabitants of Nathreza. Their involvement with the Legion was something that remained fairly unclear though... It was hinted in Legion (think it was during the DH class hall campaign? Not sure) that their conversion had followed the same "carrots or stick" approach that had worked wonders with the Draenei.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

People need to stop taking everything we (the characters form azeroth) know for the whole truth.

It is almost like we read something on somewhere and always assume it is the absolute unshakable truth.

People lie. People in wow lie. Nathrezim obviously lie.

Just beacuse it was said by some character ingame does not mean it was true in every single aspect or does not have any further aspects.

The whole "it is a retcon"-menatality puzzles me tbh.

Well we know the naaru (I forget her name) that ends up in the Sanguine Depths initially arrived with a force to answer an atrocity against the light. We have nothing concrete to suggest that the forces of light and death are in open conflict with one another, though it isn't a stretch to envisage they've come to blows previously. Might have been necessary for the dreadlords to use this power against the light on behalf of the legion to keep up the illusion that they were loyal to Kil'jaeden and Sargeras. All it is thus far is another hint that we'll probably be in conflict with radical factions of the light in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    People need to stop taking everything we (the characters form azeroth) know for the whole truth.

It is almost like we read something on somewhere and always assume it is the absolute unshakable truth.

People lie. People in wow lie. Nathrezim obviously lie.

Just beacuse it was said by some character ingame does not mean it was true in every single aspect or does not have any further aspects.

The whole "it is a retcon"-menatality puzzles me tbh.
    Because it gives them the opportunity to denigrate Blizzard, why else?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So the Light is blameless again? And dreadlords are to blame for everything? I'm so tired of this. Where is the promised evil Light?
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2021-04-14 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    So the Light is blameless again? And dreadlords are to blame for everything? I'm so tired of this. Where is the promised evil Light?
    It is almost as if this expansion is more about the dreadlords and the light is only on the sidelines.

Also: How the hell did you come to that conclusion from this little snipped of text about the light retaliating?

There isn't an EVIL light, just a fanatical one that takes action based on the purity of its own vision of the future. Yrel's Lightbound on AU Draenor is an example of what it would look like, I think we can expect Turalyon to take a similar course as the new Human leader. Don't expect the Naaru to come out cackling about how they were the villains all along.

All we're getting from this string is that it was the Dreadlords who committed the crimes against the Naaru for Denathrius.

Not Cosmic Force is evil. Nor are they good. That's why they are FORCES!!!!

What exactly is happening? It proves that Sinfall used to be dreadlords' base of operation? What does it mean? Dreadlords were created by Denathrius?

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    What exactly is happening? It proves that Sinfall used to be dreadlords' base of operation? What does it mean? Dreadlords were created by Denathrius?
    Dreadlords were apart of the Venthyr covenant to begin with, yes. The Enemy Infiltration plot implies Denathrius sent them by the will of Zovaal to the other Cosmic Planes + Reality to fuck with each Cosmic Pantheon so that Zovaal's plans could start going in motion. With it, the Titans fell, Sargeras made the Burning Legion, the Void Lords were pinned at the "main target", and the Light was fighting multiple things at once, with Life also being HEAVILY vulnerable.

The Jailer's first actual strike on Azeroth however was with the LK, where he had the Dreadlords fool KJ into putting Ner'Zhul's spirit into the Helm of Domination, etc. However, that failed when Ner'Zhul tried plotting against Zovaal, and when Arthas essentially took over BOTH as the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Denathrius is 100% the originator of the Dreadlords, however. Which means beings like Mal'ganis, Detheroc, Lothraxion, Tichondrius, Varimathras, etc are all actually agents of Death, and not the Fel like we once thought.

That also comes to question, what was the voice that said "You have failed me, Varimathras" in WoTLK? I think Sargeras still, tbh. Tho...maybe it was Zovaal?

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    It was "basically" confirmed in 9.0 that Denathrius created the Dreadlords. This text shows that the event that caused the Light's attack on Revendreth was caused by them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Oh wow, thank you guys. So I guess we haven't seen the last of Denathrius. Which makes me wonder where did the Eternal Ones (pantheon of death) come from? If they were created by the First Ones, why they were created exactly like that? They all look so different to each other when, for example, titans, naaru, old gods all kinda look the same.

I wonder now if Lothraxion's true loyalties may not ultimately lie with the Light. In audiodrama he was a nice guy and a true bro to Turalyon. Was it all an act or is he a sleeper agent, who is brainwashed to be unaware of his secret mission until activated? Since he is close to Turalyon he may very well manipulate him, kinda like the situation with Saidan Dathrohan, but without actually killing him.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2021-04-14 at 03:42 PM.