Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Huh, checks out, whaddya know
    When you change the wording ROFLMAO. Putinistas like to jerk off about how Russia committing war crimes is everyone else's fault which is fucking hiliarious when they sit around and shit talk America constantly while they do things thousands of times worse than the US.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It is more like both being judges and both accusing each other of murder - and thus not fit to judge the other. With receipts.

- - - Updated - - -

And neither you do when you recognize break-away provinces.
    So recognizing break-away provinces is the same as annexation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    There was a good reason for Russia to take Crimea, whether that referendum was legal or not. In my opinion, people do have the right to chose which country they want to belong to, but I also realize that that just complicates things, and it's just that, my opinion. Ukraine was getting closer and closer with NATO, and -if- they had joined the Russian Black Sea Naval base would have been cut off. That is THE reason why Russia took Crimea. The people living there, the beautiful and warm beaches, that's all secondary.

I somewhat doubt that the rest of Ukraine is that appealing, though. There isn't much to be had that Russia doesn't already have in abundance. Of course, you can always have more, but this isn't going to escalate into a full-blown conflict. Most likely scenario is that Russia keeps moving troops around, just as Ukraine. If the Ukraine decides to attack Crimea to retake it, Russia will bitchslap them hard. No country in the west will go to war with Russia over Ukraine, because, in all honesty, the west doesn't give a fuck about them anymore. Without Crimea, Ukraine isn't worth all that much. Putin will never be the aggressor in this. He already has what he wanted, and he's not going to give it back.
    The Black Sea is the WORST place to have a naval base for every country but Turkey during a war.

Uh, that is kinda textbook "being the aggressor".

- - - Updated - - -

Do you buy new PC every other Sunday?

Especially given current chip shortages driving up prices...

Given that EU agreed that to be best approach, yep, they should have.

Ukraine made it into ethnic conflict; but Russia did fan the flames after conflict was up.

Proliferation of nuclear weapons was seen as unquestionably bad, and Russia was seen as the only successor state to USSR stockpile. Having multiple nuclear-armed countries was headache noone wanted to deal with (remember, at that point even North Korea wasn't nuclear).
    It was a mistake to give Russia the nuclear stockpile, it should have been destroyed like Ukraine's. Well, maybe Russia should have been allowed to keep just enough to keep China out of Siberia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The Black Sea is the WORST place to have a naval base for every country but Turkey during a war.
    You don't think they're using svastopol to facilitate their presence in syria? I have zero first hand experience with military logistics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You don't think they're using svastopol to facilitate their presence in syria? I have zero first hand experience with military logistics.
    No more so then when it was in Ukrainian hands. In fact, on of the main reasons Russia is in Syria is to maintain its naval logistics base in Tartus. Don't get me wrong, the Black Sea is important to Russia during peacetime, but trying to sneak out of the Dardanelles during a war is not realistic.

Oh Europe.. we working on another world war? I guess it has been awhile.

So recognizing break-away provinces is the same as annexation?
    Both are "not respecting territorial integrity", which was the point.

Once respect is lost what exactly you're doing with it is simply a tactical choice.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a mistake to give Russia the nuclear stockpile, it should have been destroyed like Ukraine's. Well, maybe Russia should have been allowed to keep just enough to keep China out of Siberia.
    You paid for destruction of stockpiles, and a lot of it was destroyed.

But actually forcing Russia to let go of nuclear deterrent was never in the cards - even Yeltsin wasn't that dumb.

Maybe 20 years after you let Russia into NATO you could start talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are "not respecting territorial integrity", which was the point.

Once respect is lost what exactly you're doing with it is simply a tactical choice.

- - - Updated - - -

You paid for destruction of stockpiles, and a lot of it was destroyed.

But actually forcing Russia to let go of nuclear deterrent was never in the cards - even Yeltsin wasn't that dumb.

Maybe 20 years after you let Russia into NATO you could start talking about it.
    That's like saying both hitting a person and killing them is not respecting them....

We paid for the destruction of a bunch of junk to make sure it wasn't sold on the black market.

It is unlikely Russia will ever mature enough to be admitted into NATO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shocking, the shill is here, defending Russia.

Absolutely nobody believes a fucking word you are saying. But oh well, a job is a job. Got to have them turnips, somehow.

Get these scumbags out of Crimea already.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

That's like saying both hitting a person and killing them is not respecting them....
    Both are assault. How far you go with assault is, again, tactical choice.

Loss of territorial integrity is loss of territorial integrity.

We paid for the destruction of a bunch of junk to make sure it wasn't sold on the black market.
    And you paid to Ukraine with Budapest Memorandum and economic help too.

It is unlikely Russia will ever mature enough to be admitted into NATO.
    Yes, NATO is more likely to dissolve then to accept proper expansion at this point.

God curse Russia, i hope the Ukrainians kick Russia out of their country.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Get these scumbags out of Crimea already.
    You n what army? Joke of a thread this is, when the same people here are also in the china thread wanting taiwan not to reunite with china. Territorial integrity is something that seems up to who is involved, no?..hypocrites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    God curse Russia, i hope the Ukrainians kick Russia out of their country.
    Keep hoping, is all you have

Btw ukr is currently whining miserably that russia won't allow their navy past crimea for that nato exercise in the black sea. But is it a navy? One ship?

he he he

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, NATO is more likely to dissolve then to accept proper expansion at this point.
    The way usa complains to czech rep, turkey etc they don't want a competitor mil ind complex in nato but a near monopoly or part of in all sales
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-16 at 07:57 AM.

Not even 1 year of Biden and we're back reading the same old shit on the news. Fucking cancer. Better off with Trump, at least them yanks be fighting against themselves.

Do you buy new PC every other Sunday?

Especially given current chip shortages driving up prices...

Given that EU agreed that to be best approach, yep, they should have.

Ukraine made it into ethnic conflict; but Russia did fan the flames after conflict was up.

Proliferation of nuclear weapons was seen as unquestionably bad, and Russia was seen as the only successor state to USSR stockpile. Having multiple nuclear-armed countries was headache noone wanted to deal with (remember, at that point even North Korea wasn't nuclear).
    So you are so incapable of grasping the size of Russia's market? Thousands would need a new PC each day. Mobile phones? Home appliances? Basically everything else? Who are you trying to fool?

No, EU did not agree to that, stop lying.

Ah yes, Ukraine did it, of course xD Except not, Russia made sure that what was embers at worst became flames. Pretty sure "nice people" were already working on it before actual militia sprung up and started war.

And nothing which contradicts what I said/asked about nukes. Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So you are so incapable of grasping the size of Russia's market? Thousands would need a new PC each day. Mobile phones? Home appliances? Basically everything else? Who are you trying to fool?
    Are you buying them every day too?

Many of them come from China, and in Russian-Chinese trade no dollars are involved.

No, EU did not agree to that, stop lying.
    What exactly do you think Normandy Format that resulted in Minsk Protocol was?

The only one who didn't agree to it despite signing it is, apparently, Ukraine.

Ah yes, Ukraine did it, of course xD Except not, Russia made sure that what was embers at worst became flames. Pretty sure "nice people" were already working on it before actual militia sprung up and started war.
    Agree to disagree. It was dance for two, and Ukraine helped with flames a lot (sometimes literally like with Odessa fire).

And nothing which contradicts what I said/asked about nukes. Classic.
    There was no option for Ukraine to keep nukes without becoming another North Korea.

Which would still be worse then current situation.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-04-16 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Americans like to jerk off about how America committing war crimes is everyone else's fault which is fucking hiliarious when they sit around and shit talk Russia constantly, while they do things thousands of times worse than Russia.
    Oh my gosh, it still checks out :O

Surreal.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

No more so then when it was in Ukrainian hands. In fact, on of the main reasons Russia is in Syria is to maintain its naval logistics base in Tartus. Don't get me wrong, the Black Sea is important to Russia during peacetime, but trying to sneak out of the Dardanelles during a war is not realistic.
    With ukraine supposedly cosying up to nato (for what would seem like good reason), how much longer would they have continued to lease svastopol? I would also think it would be important during war, as it would have had to be taken into consideration for counter-deployment of forces (not to mention, if they ever gain control of the bospherus, it'd essentially be a deep water military port with access to the med). Again, I have no first hand experience, I'm just trying to see why you so utterly dismiss what I see as a fairly important strategic asset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Not even 1 year of Biden and we're back reading the same old shit on the news. Fucking cancer. Better off with Trump, at least them yanks be fighting against themselves.
    Your name is pretty accurate. Ukraine was still in the news when trump was president, it was just one story among an amalgam of shit about trump's twitter rants against america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Its brinkmanship which Putin likes to go further to show his manhood.

There is obviously going to be a water crisis in Crimea, Ukraine just need to keep it blocked and make it expensive for Russia to exist in the land they stole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    ...If I can't see it, it doesn't exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    When you change the wording ROFLMAO. Putinistas like to jerk off about how Russia committing war crimes is everyone else's fault which is fucking hiliarious when they sit around and shit talk America constantly while they do things thousands of times worse than the US.
    Americans with the memory of a goldfish seem completely unaware of our role in stoking that conflict or the many betrayals against Russia in the 90s, or our direct and well bragged about role in overthrowing the Russian government and installing an incompetent drunk puppet in Yeltsin. Or Americans are arrogant enough to not realize trying to install missiles and military hardware on someone's border might make that country not trust the United States.

But hey, i love the shameless jingoism from the crowd the decries the evils of Nationalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Americans with the memory of a goldfish seem completely unaware of our role in stoking that conflict or the many betrayals against Russia in the 90s, or our direct and well bragged about role in overthrowing the Russian government and installing an incompetent drunk puppet in Yeltsin. Or Americans are arrogant enough to not realize trying to install missiles and military hardware on someone's border might make that country not trust the United States.

But hey, i love the shameless jingoism from the crowd the decries the evils of Nationalism.
    How do you rationalize that with your support of ethno-nationalism as a governing policy?