Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Im still interested to have you explain the statement " everyone will get much closer to what they deserve" please clarify. Im interested how you have measured what everyone deserves. Are AC Milan getting what they deserve, are Bayern Munich getting what they deserve are Leicester getting what they deserve? Someone with your apparent insight can surely explain.
    Anything on this Enachev? Or are you just trolling here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    and thats exactly why they will play together in ther competition and the rest in another

they own nothing to Bayern or Ajax, everyone is free to play where its accepted
    If you really think they are going to get through with this, you're quite naive. This was just to put some pressure on Uefa and it backfired. The only ones still defending this are the Yanks, Perez and Agnelli and some deluded "fans". Players and managers of clubs involved are even speaking out against it.

If they want to do this they have to go completely rogue and form their own association. Good luck keeping those players for the Shanghai Gunners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The 12 want(need) financial stability to afford their overpriced players and be able to finance their debt. More money in the CL is nice, but they still need to earn it. Its a far cry from getting a lot of guaranteed money every year by being immune to relegation in the 'Super League".
    But when everyone knows you get a lot of money annually, guaranteed, they'll start to demand more for players to move up. Agents will ask higher fees, players will want bigger salaries. And then you need to move on to the next money making scheme and this whole dance starts over.

The financial instability was caused in the first place by those clubs paying record fee after record fee, paying large sums of money to keep their players and then when their revenue takes a hit they can't keep up with the costs.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2021-04-20 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    But when everyone knows you get a lot of money annually, guaranteed, they'll start to demand more for players to move up. Agents will ask higher fees, players will want bigger salaries. And then you need to move on to the next money making scheme and this whole dance starts over.

The financial instability was caused in the first place by those clubs paying record fee after record fee, paying large sums of money to keep their players and then when their revenue takes a hit they're fucked.
    This, unless they are going to implement some kind of draft which is an hideous system. Teams that cannot reach the playoffs going to tank to get the best draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    If you really think they are going to get through with this, you're quite naive. This was just to put some pressure on Uefa and it backfired. The only ones still defending this are the Yanks, Perez and Agnelli and some deluded "fans". Players and managers of clubs involved are even speaking out against it.

If they want to do this they have to go completely rogue and form their own association. Good luck keeping those players for the Shanghai Gunners.
    they already went through

nobody cant do anything

no bans, no exclusions, nothing. unless you want some legal issues and to pay billions. there is no legal ground to do anything against.

already a court decided that UEFA/FIFA can do nothing about it.

EU monopol commision already said its ok and no problem with it.

seems you dont understand, this is a done deal and nobody can do anything about it, especially not the handfull of histericals on Twitter

it will be very easy to implement. everything will go normal except at the end of PL those 6 clubs will forfeit UEFA cups places and free them for other clubs in the league. and next season they will play their own competiton

nobody can do anything about that

Hystericals seems to mix up things, the only affected competition is Uefa champions league, that will lose some teams. all domestic competitions go on as usual, no changes
    Last edited by EnacheV; 2021-04-20 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

nobody cant do anything

no bans, no exclusions, nothing. unless you want some legal issues and to pay billions. there is no legal ground to do anything against.

seems you dont understand, this is a done deal and nobody can do anything about it, especially not the handfull of histericals on Twitter

it will be very easy to implement. everything will go normal except at the end of PL those 6 clubs will forfeit UEFA cups places and free them for other clubs in the league. and next season they will play their own competiton

A court in Madrid. Do they have jurisdiction over an international organization like Fifa or Uefa?
    And why don't you answer @Marleycat his question?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn seems like even Real Madrid players are against it. Good luck with an empty league.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mar...a2a8b46c0.html
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2021-04-20 at 05:42 PM.

This seems the case, its a powerplay by the owners, I dont think it will happen but I am sure EUFA will bend over again and concede financial or merit based concessions to these clubs and some kind of uncomfortable middle ground will be reached. Protectionism at the cost of the games integrity.

I dont know why the break away clubs think that watching basically exhibition games that noone cares who wins will be a turn on for most fans. Has anybosy even heard someone say how great it would be to "win" the Super League? Its a soulless meaningless piece of sport like the WWE that will make 20 very rich people, richer.

The Premier league will not kick these teams out even if they are faced with diluted competition and weakened teams, and no competition for places in Europes premier competition.

I get that people are upset that they are diluting the competitiveness champions league so EUFA can grab more cash, but they really got it wrong to propose this sterile nonsense called the super league.

Its actually quite lucky for EUFA that theres an organization that actually makes them look good

- - - Updated - - -

nobody cant do anything

Hystericals seems to mix up things, the only affected competition is Uefa champions league, that will lose some teams. all domestic competitions go on as usual, no changes
    Its hardly a handful, its about 95% of people that have some interest in the sport.

Also the premier league does have rules about getting permission to compete in other competitions, so they could kick these teams out (is that what you mean by illegal? not sure)

I have the same confidence that it wont happen that you have that it will, but I am not "a hysterical"

In your slew of evasive posts you have never actually said why you think this Super League is a good thing, and Im sure youll evade that again
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-04-20 at 05:45 PM.

This is nothing more than a power move from those 'elite clubs' to ensure bigger monetary gains from UEFA going forward.

Luckily, everyone is against it, including those teams own players, coaches and fans for the most part, so they will most likely back down. As soon as one club steps back from it, the whole thing crumbles.

The bad part is that UEFA will most likely throw some goodies their way to keep them happy, further increasing the gap between the rich and the rest.

That said, the absolutely asinine statements from people like Florentino Perez and Agnelli are just laughable, and i hope they get what's coming to them.

(Finally, the new Champions League format is an abherration. I rather they keep it as is, or think it over)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is nothing more than a power move from those 'elite clubs' to ensure bigger monetary gains from UEFA going forward.

Luckily, everyone is against it, including those teams own players, coaches and fans for the most part, so they will most likely back down. As soon as one club steps back from it, the whole thing crumbles.

The bad part is that UEFA will most likely throw some goodies their way to keep them happy, further increasing the gap between the rich and the rest.

That said, the absolutely asinine statements from people like Florentino Perez and Agnelli are just laughable, and i hope they get what's coming to them.

(Finally, the new Champions League format is an abherration. I rather they keep it as is, or think it over)
    It is horrible, it should be like it used to be. Not more then 2 teams per country and just knockout.

nobody cant do anything

Look, I really dislike football, but you take it to another level as many of us have pointed out, the super league change will literally destroy national leagues, unless the super league becomes some sort of summer thing or whatever, played in between championships and leagues and international matches. But in that case we step into another issue which is players having too much of a busy schedule as it is already.
    Simply put, it just isn't a good idea. I know freedom and all but you have to have some regulation otherwise everything falls apart and we're stuck with an idiotic version of football no one wants. Not sure where you're from but football really is important in some places. I'm not talking big names football, I'm talking about the national leagues, small teams, big teams, revelations, surprises, unexpected results, all the way down to youth clubs. It really is part of our culture. Especially in some parts of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it keeps on crumbling:

https://www.football365.com/news/che...m-super-league

"Chelsea ‘prepare documentation’ to withdraw from Super League"

All will be forgiven if we bail out.
    Come on Chels.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

No I'm pretty sure they were serious about this as a means of stabilizing their financial future and simply completely underestimated how much backlash it would get and how united the front against them would be.

A bit more money in the Campions League won't fix the issue that missing out on qualifying is a massive financial disaster.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    All will be forgiven if we bail out.
    Come on Chels.
    If you're the only one that bails out, big chance you'll become the British Bayern

If you're the only one that bails out, big chance you'll become the British Bayern
    I would rather we get relegated to the conference than see us in the Super League.
    Anything is better than Super League.

Looks like man city will also bail out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/new/
    Since last sunday on this subreddit, the amount of meme responses, it's glorious.

Chelsea, City and looks like Atletico now on their way out.

I bet there were some interesting phone calls, would love to have heard them.

Its gonna be hard for Man Utd to get out they really went all in on this... interesting times

Latest news:Chelsea are preparing documents to withdraw from the ESL. Atletico seemingly so too
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Roman is pretty shrewd ive always has the feeling he knows the distance between him and the pitchforks is alot closer than alot of other billionaires think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Chelsea, City and looks like Atletico now on their way out.

I bet there were some interesting phone calls, would love to have heard them.

Its gonna be hard for Man Utd to get out they really went all in on this... interesting times
    I’m more interested to see how the fans of all these clubs react. One minute they’re all burning shirts, next minute they’ll be applauding the ‘change of heart’. It’s like a girlfriend leaving someone for a rich sugar daddy but they take her back because she had nowhere else to go. Abusive relationship 101. These clubs have shown they care about money more than anything. They’re just going to wait for the right opportunity to take the dollars in.