Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Don't bother doing the return event on an alt account unless your close to being able to create a house and even then its probably better to just invite other people and hope they grind the 200 Exploration Energy to get more than one roll.
    I already gave up on it

I will not promote their game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Hit rank 4. Teapot spirit transform is disappointing I dont even rememeber what it originally looked like and you can't swap between appearances. Should given us diff color options or sizes or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Hit rank 4. Teapot spirit transform is disappointing I dont even rememeber what it originally looked like and you can't swap between appearances. Should given us diff color options or sizes or something.
    How are you rank 4 already? For me it takes 14 hours to craft anything, it's moving at a snail's pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    How are you rank 4 already? For me it takes 14 hours to craft anything, it's moving at a snail's pace.
    Use the item they give you that gives you an instant craft. You can go to the pending crafts and you'll see an option to "get it instantly". It's kind of a weird system, not sure how it will feel later on. But you get more each time you level, and you can buy more of them for coins.

Make sure you got all the crafting plans from the 2 vendors. One in Mondstat and the other in that village in the north with the chili's and stuff. Buy a blue plan from the vendor in your housing as they give 60 rep and buy the instant complete pots.

Once you hit 4 you are kinda stuck until you get enough coins for new plans so It might be a good idea to go slow and slowly build up your instant pots and stuff. You can only buy 5 a day I think for 50 coins total.

I think I'm going to buy pots daily and save the rest of my coins for the epic plans since they give 90 rep while building enough items to get to the next coin lvl. Need like 900 to get the 20 an hr lvl so I might burn some more coins and pots to hit that. I bought the bamboo fence also. Think I'll probably build a ton of them since Bamboo is crazy easy to get and it only costs 4 of em.

Thanks guys, I got now. Now I just need wood.

But this new weekly boss is just... awful. I've already had enough of tanky geovishapfrom the last update they got, this one just takes it to the extreme. We already had a geovishap boss added recently, so I'm not sure why they felt compelled to add another. And like the other boss, they made having shields a important part of the fight, and yet they still continue to let creating Geo constructs exist in its externally buggy state. My 5 star shield creating is pretty much worthless on the boss.

Thanks guys, I got now. Now I just need wood.

But this new weekly boss is just... awful. I've already had enough of tanky geovishapfrom the last update they got, this one just takes it to the extreme. We already had a geovishap boss added recently, so I'm not sure why they felt compelled to add another. And like the other boss, they made having shields a important part of the fight, and yet they still continue to let creating Geo constructs exist in its externally buggy state. My 5 star shield creating is pretty much worthless on the boss.
    Yeah its really annoying that Geo constructs instantly vanish and all the shield bubbles end up right under his fat ass so you can't grab em.

Sad story though. Too bad we couldn't cure him like Stormterror.

I'm not sure why they felt compelled to add another.
    Because there are two ways to balance things. Adjust the things in question directly so they're numerically similar to other things they're balanced against... or make the meta REQUIRE the things in question in order for success.

People keep bitching about geo being a weak element, so instead of buffing it, you design encounters to require it so it is more appealing. Not my cup of tea, but hoyo are lazy bitches who want the easiest way to make something appealing without needing to be cognizant of the impacts to currently existing things.

God Damnit. Housing 3 book completion requires you to buy an item from a traveling merchant in a friends teapot. WTF is that bullshit.

Speaking of building stuff... yeah... the BP weeklies wanting me to do home building chores (whereas in most games that have housing I outright ignore it) is some bullshit as well

Some serious "bullshit" alright.

You guys discuss this game on a forum every single day and can't be arsed to find a friend or someone in that forum or just join a random player.

Drama.

Don't do that weekly then.

Friends reduce the building/crafting time from 14h to 10h btw. Suffer the loner life!
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-29 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

You guys discuss this game on a forum every single day and can't be arsed to find a friend or someone in that forum or just join a random player.

Drama.

Friends reduce the building/crafting time from 14h to 10h btw. Suffer the loner life!
    A) you cant just join random worlds
    B) you need permission to join the teapot for some stupid reason
    c) building time from 14 to 10 hours is totaly usless as you start with enogh bottles to instant learn everything till needed rank and it also refreshes in a shop every 3 days.
    D) weekly quest is stupid as that merchant is rare

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A) you cant just join random worlds
    B) you need permission to join the teapot for some stupid reason
    c) building time from 14 to 10 hours is totaly usless as you start with enogh bottles to instant learn everything till needed rank and it also refreshes in a shop every 3 days.
    D) weekly quest is stupid as that merchant is rare
    Explain to me how any of this you have just written matters.

A and B are the same thing too.
    You can join a random player - ask him to visit his world, he'll most likely allow it, but I don't even see why you should do that when you discuss this game on a daily basis here and you can just ask someone here.

C) is absolutey wrong.

D) Why do you care though? But it's wrong anyway... the merchant is neither rare, nor random or whatever you think it is.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-29 at 02:29 PM.

Drama.

It's not just the weekly, though, there's also the book that you can't really skip. Well, technically you can, but you're screwing yourself if you do.

There has been some content that was intended for coop before, but none of it was impossible to do solo, it was either marginally slower or harder. Whatever BP quests we had were also not necessary to finish it. So coop was 100% optional. Getting that speed boost is also nothing special, though obviously it will add up in the long run. But with that book quest alone, it's pretty much mandatory. It's not that it's some kind of an insurmountable issue, but it's totally unnecessary. This game is clearly a solo game first and foremost, I don't see the point of grouping in it, and I most definitely don't see the point of forcing people to hook up with randoms for 2 mouse clicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Game decided to award me an achievement for gliding continuously for 80 seconds when i did the Diona hangout stealth section despite my feet not leaving the floor.
    Pretty sure i have already done that in the past, especially when exploring Dragonspine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Game decided to award me an achievement for gliding continuously for 80 seconds when i did the Diona hangout stealth section despite my feet not leaving the floor.
    Pretty sure i have already done that in the past, especially when exploring Dragonspine.
    Or when going to to island with the huge sundial
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's not just the weekly, though, there's also the book that you can't really skip. Well, technically you can, but you're screwing yourself if you do.

There has been some content that was intended for coop before, but none of it was impossible to do solo, it was either marginally slower or harder. Whatever BP quests we had were also not necessary to finish it. So coop was 100% optional. Getting that speed boost is also nothing special, though obviously it will add up in the long run. But with that book quest alone, it's pretty much mandatory. It's not that it's some kind of an insurmountable issue, but it's totally unnecessary. This game is clearly a solo game first and foremost, I don't see the point of grouping in it, and I most definitely don't see the point of forcing people to hook up with randoms for 2 mouse clicks.
    Yeah I don't see the problem. It's a single player game that is requiring co-op in order to progress in a system they added that seems greatly ingrained in the rest of the game (BP quests now). Co-op was never required for anything else before. Only maybe for some short temporary events, but nothing permanent. This needs to change asap.

By that logic they shouldn't add co-op content/raids/group dungeons because it's not there yet...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-29 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By that logic they shouldn't add co-op content/raids/group dungeons because it's not there yet...
    Now you're getting it!