Poll: Which mount will you choose?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not answerable in the abstract. Even assuming I agree with what you are thinking of as 'cool', we don't know how cool the 2nd mount is. We really need to see specific examples of each.
    It'd probably be simpler to just ask you whether you value aesthetics over prestige.

For me personally, prestige means nothing, so I'd take the aesthetics of a cooler mount that everyone has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool mount that everyone has, I only really care for my chars, their transmog and mounts etc. Not that I don't appreciate other peoples and sometimes get inspiration from it, just it wouldn't bother me if everyone else had that same cool mount. As long as I like it on my chars, then it's fine.

Obviously the unique mount. Anyone choosing option A is deluding themselves or flat out lying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Obviously the unique mount. Anyone choosing option A is deluding themselves or flat out lying.
    Haha I didn’t want to say anything to sway the vote but that’s what I was thinking. Like if you had two really cool mounts but one was just slightly less cool looking and only you had it.... no one is choosing option A haha but to each their own!

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not answerable in the abstract. Even assuming I agree with what you are thinking of as 'cool', we don't know how cool the 2nd mount is. We really need to see specific examples of each.
    Easily just base it off your preferences. No need to provide "specific examples of each".

Do you mind explaining why you think your opinion is greater than others?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Haha I didn’t want to say anything to sway the vote but that’s what I was thinking. Like if you had two really cool mounts but one was just slightly less cool looking and only you had it.... no one is choosing option A haha but to each their own!
    Didn't realise you could read minds. Over the internet. Of people you've never met.

Exclusivity, always

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Didn't realise you could read minds. Over the internet. Of people you've never met.
    these people care more about the opinion of other about their possessions than they their own opinion. Materialism like this is kind of sad/masochistic to me, but to each their own. I couldn't care less about anyone else's opinion on my mount in wow, as long as I myself enjoy it, as I'm not playing the game for anyone else.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

You got to understand not everyone is like you.

Usually the first. My favorite mounts are ones that match my transmog theme more than anything, though I usually drive around a fancy new one for at least a week before getting bored of it. Sometimes goes the other way around and I make the transmog for the mount.

Like the class mounts. Everyone got them, but I do like Ban-Lu...with the addon that silences his voice lines. (after the first 100 times or so they get less charming, more annoying.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am not like that "leetist" types. I like mounts, I don't care if somebody has the same mount. The "hardto-optaniums" I finally have I'm okay if everyone else has obtained them. It is ridiculous to say I have this you cant have it. It took literal years to get the phoenix, the invincible and the Ony drake.. It doesn't make them less valuable to me just because somebody else got them 12 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Exclusivity, always
    why, extacly? for the value of the mount? It's value is exactly 0g or euros because it can't be traded in in game, unless you sold your account (which is against TOS), and with 0 of them in circulation and none in production or no known production cost (outside of an artist's hourly wage) the value can be be anything anyone wants to yell, but effectively is 0. for example, the The Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider was only accidentally given to a single player, and ended up being deleted as the original owner of the account (tried) to sell it.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Sorry I didn’t realize I’m not allowed to think people are being dishonest lol.

im a collector when to comes to mounts but since i wish i could be a dragon iv'e used my sandstone drake since i got it

I've been using Red Flying Cloud for the past 3-4 expansions, the only major annoyance is getting dismounted in the water. Would I use the mount if everyone else decided to use it? Sure, don't really care.

I think people more social enjoy rarer mounts because they get more out of those experiences where the rare mount contributes to praise or a conversation. But when the most I get out of those moments are a, "hey cool," "thanks," it seems like a waste every time I mount when I could be enjoying my more common mount every time more than I would a rare mount, so I ride the common ones I like more. Collecting for completion's sake is fun, but when I do collect it's just to fill the bar and to have it - I'm never actually going to pull those rare mounts out for me. Even between reskins, if I think a guaranteed common variant looks better than the hyper rare variant, I'll ride the better looking common variant.

Lol, rarity can make just about anything "cool". You can bet your ass that someone riding around on a 2-pixel mount with animations from Minecraft, would be getting tons of attention. Blah.

I'd rather have the Swift Zulian Tiger than my Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, any time of the day. Man I wish I could just beat the damned RMT-campers to the punch once...

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    why, extacly? for the value of the mount? It's value is exactly 0g or euros because it can't be traded in in game, unless you sold your account (which is against TOS), and with 0 of them in circulation and none in production or no known production cost (outside of an artist's hourly wage) the value can be be anything anyone wants to yell, but effectively is 0. for example, the The Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider was only accidentally given to a single player, and ended up being deleted as the original owner of the account (tried) to sell it.
    Value does not have to be expressed in money.

I like having things that few other people has. I would call it prestige.

Just cause everyone has it doesn’t mean they all use it. I’d take that one plus then everyone else also gets it so win win.