Thread: Blizzard Agree!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up Blizzard Agree!

Blizzard have finally given skilled players a way to avoid the tryhards who queue up for content they have no right being in. Yes, the addon already existed, but its GREAT to see Blizzard agree that we need a way to discourage casuals from signing up to content that far exceeds their ability.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...d-Anima-Powers

I think this is a great change and will give lesser players something to work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Blizzard have finally given skilled players a way to avoid the tryhards who queue up for content they have no right being in. Yes, the addon already existed, but its GREAT to see Blizzard agree that we need a way to discourage casuals from signing up to content that far exceeds their ability.

I think this is a great change and will give lesser players something to work towards.
    On one hand, I think this could be a change that would facilitate progress and return that sense of evolution as you get better.

On the other hand, it empowers elitists like you to actually call people "lesser" over their skill at a combination of pixels. Topkek.

Not like we've got plenty of threads about the same thing...

10+ Year Old Account

We already have threads for this.

The existence of this tool and people following it is basically in my book, making it fair for Blizzard to put everything behind a gate now without complaint, seems people want it anyways. Yes, I know, get your own group.

Yay for more separation.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-05-02 at 09:39 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    On one hand, I think this could be a change that would facilitate progress and return that sense of evolution as you get better.

On the other hand, it empowers elitists like you to actually call people "lesser" over their skill at a combination of pixels. Topkek.
    He wasn't calling people lesser, he was calling players lesser. And if not lesser then what? Greater?
    OT. I agree that blizzard has finally seen the light and has backed a controversial subject. Yes the scores have been there forever but they now have blizzards blessing. It would be great if blizzard segregates the population in points bands. That 490 point guy can't group with the 1200 point guy. End of carries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    We already have threads for this.

The existence of this tool and people following it is basically in my book, making it fair for Blizzard to put everything behind a gate now without complaint, seems people want it anyways. Yes, I know, get your own group.

Yay for more separation.
    Those 8 other threads denouncing this change or rio as the death of wow because it hurts "casuals". This thread is about blizzard taking the brave leap to include pve ratings points for the first time and the possibilities that entails. There are other threads to be negative in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post

Dude... the original thread is drippingly sarcastic...

OT: This whole thing won't change what is allready in game. Raider.io furfills that role allready. Without IO you won't get an invite at a certain point.
    OT also: Don't we allready have hundreds of threads talking about that?

So discouraging people to get better and encouraging others to not group with people seeking to get better is a good thing in retail?
    Holy shit, some of you are so far up in toxicity.

If anything it will cause casuals who previously did not care for scores to become toxic too, becase they will now be in their face without having to look them up.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-02 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

OT: This whole thing won't change what is allready in game. Raider.io furfills that role allready. Without IO you won't get an invite at a certain point.
    Oh, sweet summer child. I implore you to take a look at our dearest OP's post history before coming to the conclusion backed by the fading belief in a reasonable human population.

ooooooor this happens: ppl totally fuck up this whole system and your whole utopia by just buying 1-2 tokens for reallife money and trade it into gold. with this gold they go to the next best booster and boost their score. then they join your dungeon and fuck up your group by not having the slightest clue whats going on, instead the other guy/alt knowing what he does, with lower score.

and exactly thats the plan of ATVI Blizz. by evolving a game design that heavily supports their smart cash grab system (token). because every token ever passes the AH is a profit of 7-9 bugs for free for Blizz, by doing nothing (most ppl not even realizing this fact or why).

tin foil hat you say? you can simple check the proof by yourself: go ingame and look how often you see „WTS“ in pug tool and compare it to the past. when you develop such systems (i did this too, as a software developer), you design the game, the „meta“ aspects like reward systems etc. to feed your smart cash grab system. i.e. your m+ ranks/achievements or conquest ranks (i.e. Combatant) you must have, to be able to higher upgrade your gear, SOLELY exists for the reason that ppl let them carry by booster grps. and this means you need gold. and this means you buy a token. and this means Blizz is getting a lot of money for free, by doing nothing and just watching the money flow of an automatic system. thats how smart cash grab systems works. but most ppl do not understand anything of what i am saying here, or how multibillion dollar companies work.

long story short: your beloved game sucks more and more while Blizzard is milking the most out of it.

This really isn't a dramatic change. If anything it might encourage a few more people to participate now that it is all out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

Nah, it's closer to 8 threads and those threads are closer to "blizzard hates casuals and rio is cancer. Where's my loot for doing WQs". This thread is about the possibilities for the blizzard score.

On the one hand we have blizzard endorsing a pve score for the first time. On the other this score adds nothing. Why would they do it? Right now all it does is inform all players that there IS a score. What now?
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Those 8 other threads denouncing this change or rio as the death of wow because it hurts "casuals". This thread is about blizzard taking the brave leap to include pve ratings points for the first time and the possibilities that entails. There are other threads to be negative in.
    Could it be that the other threads, some starting out - at least as I've seen - in support of the topic before going against it, that the idea isn't 100% that great? It is just now an official tool to separate the players.

At this rate, we might as well go further up overall. Let players make reviews on players, bad reviews remove points in either PvE or PvP. "1/5 stars, dude left without completing, don't group up with".

And before you ponder, yes, I have RIO because I've felt forced to have it, as I can't always make a group of my own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't think you know what that word means. A skilled player is a tryhard. A casual player is most certainly not a tryhard.

Could it be that the other threads, some starting out - at least as I've seen - in support of the topic before going against it, that the idea isn't 100% that great? It is just now an official tool to separate the players.

At this rate, we might as well go further up overall. Let players make reviews on players, bad reviews remove points in either PvE or PvP. "1/5 stars, dude left without completing, don't group up with".

And before you ponder, yes, I have RIO because I've felt forced to have it, as I can't always make a group of my own.
    Do you go into Mythic Raids without any previous experience? Do you play 3k PvP out of a sudden without any experience?
    I guess both answers are no - so why should one be going into 10+/14+ keys without any previous experience. Work your way up, like it has ALWAYS been done.
    And no, a "duh, a 10+ is exactly the same as a 2+, so I know exactly what to do!" is not the right answer. Neither is "mate, I got an ilvl of 220, 10+'s are for below 200 geared people, so let me in!". Work your way up, do all 6s, 8s, 10s, 12s, 14s, 15s - whatever your target is.

If you got less experience than 25 other people who queued.. Well, sry to say, but you are not good enough, not skillwise, but experiencewise.

"And before you ponder, yes, I have RIO because I've felt forced to have it, as I can't always make a group of my own."

Is funny, too. You get score without the addon. The only reason to use the addon is to cherry pick people based on their score.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-05-02 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Aight friend-o have fun with that ever shrinking bubble of a player-base.
    Honestly, the attitudes at the top will implode the scene eventually. It's already at a needle point and I doubt the aging players of WoW have the patience and time to stick around for it for much longer.

You disparage people supposedly below you as lesser, but you'll bemoan equally when you're confused that there's not many of those at your skill level to play with anymore.

Elitism isn't a good look and blizzard facilitating elitism has always been a stupid move, I've been at the top of this game, and if you don't support and 'carry' the people below you, you'll find it to be an extremely lonely and/or toxic place. So either get a pair of stronger arms, and an injection of empathy or prepare for burn out.

I'm long done with this game, Mythic plus was a horrendous idea to me and it's only gotten just that much worse as things have progressed. It should never have moved past challenge modes, and because Blizzard follow the fallacy of Activisions 'engagement metric' which isn't indicative of a healthy game system in the long term, it's never going to go away, like Raid finder, Both on separate ends of the spectrum, both stupid ideas.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

No. Not one of those threads started that way. Stop lying to try and get your derailment to look legitimate.

At what rate? Every 16 to 17 years Blizzard adds a rating system to PvE? This is just ridiculous.

The fact that rio exists does not force you to use it. You can have a rio score without ever going to the website or downloading the addon. The real reason you have rio is that YOU want to be able to judge other players when you form your group. "I was forced to use rio because other people use rio". That is a bald faced lie.

I don't understand why you are here. Your intentions are clearly to try and derail this thread with your straw-mans and lies. Why?
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Do you go into Mythic Raids without any previous experience?
    Nope, of course not, then again, I haven't needed a rating for that either, sometimes not even an achievement.

Do you play 3k PvP out of a sudden without any experience?
    Nope, of course not but reaching that goal gives you a rating as well, though I can't compare PvP with PvE that much.

I guess both answers are no - so why should one be going into 10+/14+ keys without any previous experience.
    This is where your argument breaks down - one can have experience without a rating? Heck, even on the front page it says Blizzard's version doesn't track alts either.

Work your way up, like it has ALWAYS been done. And no, a "duh, a 10+ is exactly the same as a 2+, so I know exactly what to do!" is not the right answer. Neither is "mate, I got an ilvl of 220, 10+'s are for below 200 geared people, so let me in!". Work your way up, do all 6s, 8s, 10s, 12s, 14s, 15s - whatever your target is.

If you got less experience than 25 other people who queued.. Well, sry to say, but you are not good enough, not skillwise, but experiencewise.
    Yes, work your way up, that is correct, but what if one already has worked his way up and doesn't have a rating? Of course, Blizzard's system helps me now on that now but you have people requesting rating on the low keys too.

And we can go a step further - where is the protection in the system that you don't get a leaver in your group? Currently, the system doesn't seem to remove points for skipping out on a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ooooooor this happens: ppl totally fuck up this whole system and your whole utopia by just buying 1-2 tokens for reallife money and trade it into gold. with this gold they go to the next best booster and boost their score. then they join your dungeon and fuck up your group by not having the slightest clue whats going on, instead the other guy/alt knowing what he does, with lower score.

and exactly thats the plan of ATVI Blizz. by evolving a game design that heavily supports their smart cash grab system (token). because every token ever passes the AH is a profit of 7-9 bugs for free for Blizz, by doing nothing (most ppl not even realizing this fact or why).

tin foil hat you say? you can simple check the proof by yourself: go ingame and look how often you see „WTS“ in pug tool and compare it to the past. when you develop such systems (i did this too, as a software developer), you design the game, the „meta“ aspects like reward systems etc. to feed your smart cash grab system. i.e. your m+ ranks/achievements or conquest ranks (i.e. Combatant) you must have, to be able to higher upgrade your gear, SOLELY exists for the reason that ppl let them carry by booster grps. and this means you need gold. and this means you buy a token. and this means Blizz is getting a lot of money for free, by doing nothing and just watching the money flow of an automatic system. thats how smart cash grab systems works. but most ppl do not understand anything of what i am saying here, or how multibillion dollar companies work.

long story short: your beloved game sucks more and more while Blizzard is milking the most out of it.
    This. Nothing anyone tells me will sway me from blizz doubling down on tokens to get fomo, as a way to go about designing content. Proof enough is seeing that list of azeroth’s champion players and then seeing how most players in the later months before pre-patch somehow managed to jump to 2.4k. While having no pvp experience, or being at best rival.

Tokens make high end players happy because they don’t have to pay for a sub; it makes people who get boosted happy to get gold to then give to the boosters; and it makes blizz happy because they get to grease the wheels/sanctify the above transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Aight friend-o have fun with that ever shrinking bubble of a player-base.
    Honestly, the attitudes at the top will implode the scene eventually. It's already at a needle point and I doubt the aging players of WoW have the patience and time to stick around for it for much longer.

You disparage people supposedly below you as lesser, but you'll bemoan equally when you're confused that there's not many of those at your skill level to play with anymore.

Elitism isn't a good look and blizzard facilitating elitism has always been a stupid move, I've been at the top of this game, and if you don't support and 'carry' the people below you, you'll find it to be an extremely lonely and/or toxic place. So either get a pair of stronger arms, and an injection of empathy or prepare for burn out.

I'm long done with this game, Mythic plus was a horrendous idea to me and it's only gotten just that much worse as things have progressed. It should never have moved past challenge modes, and because Blizzard follow the fallacy of Activisions 'engagement metric' which isn't indicative of a healthy game system in the long term, it's never going to go away, like Raid finder, Both on separate ends of the spectrum, both stupid ideas.
    What are you even talking about?

You start with a sarcastic disparaging remark and then proceed to chastise OP for doing the same even though this is not true. If someone is not as good as you are they lesser players or are they greater players? Does truth hurt you? Then you talk about how Blizzard is facilitating elitism. Blizzard is known for doing the exact opposite. Ever since WoW was released Blizzard has facilitated gear and options for the non "elite". When Blizzard added those extra dungeons and raids were they for the elite or were they for the casuals. Why did Blizzard add ZA with T5 equivalent gear? Why did Blizzard add badge vendor with T6 equivalent gear? What about the dungeons in WotLK that dropped raid equivalent gear and the badge system? The list goes on and on. Blizzard caters for casuals. And the worst thing is that you don't even play the game as if it was a badge of honor. How long does it take for a system to be considered long term? 4 years? 10? WoW is healthier than ever. When will the long term effects of blizzards horrendous ideas come to past? Do you still feel as though you're a player even though it sounds like you haven't played for 4 years?
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not one of those threads started that way. Stop lying to try and get your derailment to look legitimate.
    There was no derailment, as I stated, I am quite certain there have been topics on this before whether you want a threat to huddle all the positives and a thread to huddle all the negatives, that is on you.

At what rate? Every 16 to 17 years Blizzard adds a rating system to PvE? This is just ridiculous.
    A rating system that shouldn't be needed. We're just falling on the same argument vs. counterargument. Wanna go higher, make a group, wanna start running it, make a group. Both sides has the same answer.

The fact that rio exists does not force you to use it. You can have a rio score without ever going to the website or downloading the addon. The real reason you have rio is that YOU want to be able to judge other players when you form your group. "I was forced to use rio because other people use rio". That is a bald faced lie.

I don't understand why you are here. Your intentions are clearly to try and derail this thread with your straw-mans and lies. Why?
    I have my RIO addon to inform my damn score, literally why it is there.

- - - Updated - - -

And because I have to hold your hand it seems...

In-game Raider.io score

And another one,

M+ Score Opt Out

Starting out in support of the topic, even located in the right section of the forum, unless you missed it because there were unsupportive comments within it?
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-05-02 at 10:51 PM.