7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even better, use that in Deadpool 3(confirmed) and make a serious version for the main mcu.
    Wonder if they gonna try any serious implementation of DP in main storylines. Would like to see that character contrast and interaction.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Galactus is gonna be like Phase 8 at this rate, holy shit...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I love the FF tease at the very end, so excited for that!
    Yes, but all this makes me think x-men, is far, faaaar away...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Galactus is gonna be like Phase 8 at this rate, holy shit...
    i thought it was pretty obvious any thanos level villains like that probably wouldnt be seen for a while. we didnt even see a hint of thanos other than like 3 cameos 2 of which were end credit scenes up until infinity war.

whoever or whatever the next thanos is theyre probably gonna spend a good couple phases building it up. id rather the next thanos be doom myself though.

galactus is just a big hungry dude i have no clue why people like him. hes one of the most boring villains imo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    galactus is just a big hungry dude i have no clue why people like him. hes one of the most boring villains imo
    prob because of the huge eye candy space scenes that follows such a dude

good call on doom, I'm hoping they introduce magneto, before they even do a x-men movie

5+ Year Old Account
    they'll probably keep magneto exclusive to x-men...because he would so stomp many heroes, especially those who have metal, like falcon, iron man, etc.

I wonder, can he use thor's hammer against him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wanna see Galactus and Silver Surfer done right, but I get why some aren’t fans. Doom would be great in the interim before he helps fight off Galactus to end Phase 6.
    i do like silver surfer, i feel like him and vision would be fun to see on screen together
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i thought it was pretty obvious any thanos level villains like that probably wouldnt be seen for a while. we didnt even see a hint of thanos other than like 3 cameos 2 of which were end credit scenes up until infinity war.

whoever or whatever the next thanos is theyre probably gonna spend a good couple phases building it up. id rather the next thanos be doom myself though.

Dude is essentially the ultimate evil of the Marvel Universe.

Galactus pre-dates the current Marvel universe iirc and shit gets really really bad in the comics when some one kills him,turns out he's kinda critical to keeping the universe running and isn't technically a villain or evil,he exists so something even worse won't.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gaclactus? He’s not even close to ultimate evil he’s just big and hungry.

Galactus is an extinction level event. Completely neutral most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Yes, but all this makes me think x-men, is far, faaaar away...
    As much as I can. not. wait. for the X-Men to get the MCU treatment, I think this is both accurate and a good thing.

X-Men need a nice cool off period from the Fox films.

I would agree with this logic except we are getting Kang in Ant-Man 3, so...

Dr Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus are all intwined storywise in the comics.

We need Dr Doom as a big bad having his fingers in multiple movies maybe as a boss to whoever the baddie of the latest marvel movie before showing up big time in the F4 movie. Once Surfer and other heralds of Galactus show up Doom is gonna wanna steal that delicious power cosmic.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a very famous marvel story that ran during the 80's called the Trial of Galactus. All the varied survivors of destroyed worlds put Reed Richards on Trial for the deaths of countless billions after he saves Galactus life.

Galactus is a force of nature in the universe and his removal would completely destroy the cosmic balance.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Dr Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus are all intwined storywise in the comics.

We need Dr Doom as a big bad having his fingers in multiple movies maybe as a boss to whoever the baddie of the latest marvel movie before showing up big time in the F4 movie. Once Surfer and other heralds of Galactus show up Doom is gonna wanna steal that delicious power cosmic.
    Granted that I haven't read comics in decades, and was never big on Avengers/ FF even then. Doom's backstory was never really linked to Galactus from what i saw, so maybe they added some stuff later on to give Doom cosmic powers or something? He was also involved with Iron Man, so Stark's death could lead to a path for Doom to have an entry point for the story I think. Then maybe FF springboard off of that.

Anyway, Dr Doom seems like the best big bad to use, but they'd probably nerf him enough that he'd be a single movie villain, which would be a shame.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Well, Doom had parent issues at first. (both of them getting killed...typically the making of a lot of heroes/villains)

Mom caught shit as a witch and dad was just in time to say farewell to her

He was born a gypsy and daddy was a healer who was much in demand. However, he wasn't always successful, so he goes on the run.

Which ends tragically. And pisses Victor off

A year later he finds his mother's mystical stuff which awaken his own mystical ambitions. (He eventually would be among the top mystics in the world)

He eventually gets invited to university after making a hell of an impression in his own country. A rather prosaic image here where he bumps into Reed.

Later, Reed sneaks around in Doom's dorm room and his experiment goes boom

Overall, it's his pride and his ego that are often his downfall...even though both are justified.

Despite all the battles, he does claim to care about his own country

Most writers tend to give him a sense of honor and we read that he gives his word, we see that he keeps it.

I think marvel are savvy enough to realise Dr Doom is one of the most popular marvel villians so I dont think he will be a one and done character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Galactus is an extinction level event. Completely neutral most of the time.
    Yup, and if you want to go truly evil bad guy in Marvel I’m not sure where you’d turn. Used to be Magneto or Doom would be on the list, but they’ve evolved over the years. Perhaps Mephisto or Dormammu (though the latter has been introduced). Outside of Thanos you may have Annilhlius... damn I feel rusty now thinking of villains who we haven’t seen yet in the MCU that feel “worthy” of having phases devoted to them. So many of them are either races (Badoon, brood) or inter dimensional. Celestial, beyonders are just to powerful for the “scale” of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I think marvel are savvy enough to realise Dr Doom is one of the most popular marvel villians so I dont think he will be a one and done character.
    I think he'll be easily as nuanced and complex as Zemo is who only has a quarter of the comic backstory that Doom has. The hard part about Doom is balancing out him being a dictator of a small country, genius scientist as well as sorcerer and whether to have him always in his iconic mask/costume which may not be realistic enough. He's a hard character to adapt imo.

The problem with Doom is movie goers have already been introduced to two garbage versions of him. I think they could still pull it off but I don’t know if he would have support from the executives

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like the eternals, at all, outside Angelina they all seem bad, i also didn't like much their story, per see, but i hope it is good