Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stop whining about the 2 weeks.

Original TBC did not even gave BE or Draenai during prepatch.

You are getting 2 weeks more time than anyone during the original launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 70 pretty late and still managed to get into raiding by Tier 5. I'm sure things will go quicker the second time around but I'm not too worried.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.
    How else will they press you to buy the boost? (No doubt others have mentioned this by now).

You are just doomed. The portal actually closes again on June 3rd and that was it. No more BC for slackers!

(seriously, what is it with people at the start of an expansion? I know it's fun to nolive through the first bit, I've done it a couple of times, but we are doing it because it's fun. It's not required. You can take two more weeks to get to 70 and nothing bad will happen. T5 is time gated anyways. There will be plenty of groups for all content available.
    Unless you have a guild that is kicking anyone out who isnt speedleveling (and maybe don't be in those kind of guilds?), there is nothing forcing you to play more than you can.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

you don't want to be behind whole expansion so fast leveling at launch is pretty much required
    It's pretty much impossible to be behind in TBC. That was the great part about TBC, you always were able to catch up.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    There's no rush to do anything. You don't have to get to 60 in two weeks, you don't even have to hit 70 within the first month. The game's not going anywhere, Joe can spend time with his kids and level when he can. He's not getting left behind. There's no gatekeeping happening, and there's certainly no reason to delay the launch.
    If someone finds it fun to min/max and speedrun then that someone will find time to get ready when TBC Classic launches. You can't be hardcore without being hardcore.
    If you are someone who plays in the untold number of "dad-guilds" in Classic then you are in no hurry at all, just as all the other "dads" will take the time it takes.

This is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Stop whining about the 2 weeks.

Original TBC did not even gave BE or Draenai during prepatch.

You are getting 2 weeks more time than anyone during the original launch.
    were also getting 2 weeks less, than the original to enjoy prepatch

So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.
    Anyone not 60 by launch date has their BE/DR characters deleted and those races locked from creation on their account.

Stop being a drama queen; it won’t matter. You be a little later to a phase which will last a long time. The dramatisation from WoW players is reaching feverpitch and it makes me think about how people here must implode when anything slightly negative happens to them irl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy. You can start from the bottom even on 1 june or later :P First weeks will be like 20man camp for 1 mob lol.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are making too much of a drama out of this..

Sucks yes, but it is still 2 more weeks than we had in BC and we were fine..
    I leveled a blood elf pala, like many more, and the time set back was not even that terrible.

Play whatever you want to play.. By mid July you´ll catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    It'll be fine. you'll thank yourself later when you're trying to level with 100 people on your layer trying to do the same starting quest in hellfire.
    Pretty much.
    Blizzard has kept with his "head in the sand" strategy, the game will be mostly unplayable for weeks. Coming late will probably be a blessing, I don't even dare to imagine the clusterfuck that will be Hellfire Peninsula for the first days as the entire populations of Horde + Alliance will rush in a single zone.

I honestly don't know if it'll be back to "pleasant" for whole months. Classic was atrocious, with five people per mob, and the Classic world was VASTLY bigger than Outlands. Blizzard should never have relaxed so much the population cap on the servers, but as usual they tried to save on the small costs even if it had huge consequences on the actual game.

"falling behind" and "staying competitive" are 2 phrases that have literally ruined this game.

They buffed the xp you get for 30+ quests in tbc, 2 weeks should be fine if you have some time off. Only problem is the world will be full af on big realms. They gotta announce layers soon anyway for such realms. No way they can release tbc without layers on big realms..

Gonna level my goat shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    were also getting 2 weeks less, than the original to enjoy prepatch
    Enjoy what? The only thing to enjoy are the new races and one class and you are already having 2 more weeks to play them than in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    Enjoy what? The only thing to enjoy are the new races and one class and you are already having 2 more weeks to play them than in 2007.
    subjective

people can enjoy a lot more, the differnet spell values and balance, i believe there was also arena back in the day for lvl 60, you can enjoy a limited time different meta for lvl 60s, pvping, raiding, etc.. with these new values, before it all starts to change as we lvl up

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    subjective

people can enjoy a lot more, the differnet spell values and balance, i believe there was also arena back in the day for lvl 60, you can enjoy a limited time different meta for lvl 60s, pvping, raiding, etc.. with these new values, before it all starts to change as we lvl up
    You gonna min-max your characters for less than 2 weeks? Clearing Naxx with TBC talents sounds like cheating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    "falling behind" and "staying competitive" are 2 phrases that have literally ruined this game.
    There are plenty of guilds in Classic that don't care one bit about "whether they are ahead or not" or "whether they are competitive or not". They just play the game how they find fun. They don't give a flying duck about the players and guilds that "are ahead" and "competitive", just as the competitive guilds don't give a flying duck about the dad-guilds.

I would dare to say that the dad-guilds vastly outnumber the competitive guilds in Classic.
    Everyone should spend less time worrying about how other play the game and worry more about how to find people with a similar play-style and mentality like themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    1. Prepatch was never designed for the majority of pallies/shamans to get to 58 before release. Blizz stated the prepatch would allow them to get a "jump" on leveling and 2 weeks does exactly that.
    I distinctly remember them saying during the interview that they didn't want people leveling BE and DR to be in wetlands while everyone else is crossing the dark portal. Now while you can't guarantee that everyone will be able to get to 58 no matter what, this does kind of require people to go balls to the wall for those 2 weeks, and even then still might not be able to get it.

I know we're getting at exp boost, but 2 weeks into leveling a character for me, I was level 34. Even with the exp boost, I doubt I would make up enough of that ground to be 58. At best I'd say like 45 ish. It's not the end of the world, but it still sucks

Phase one, i.e. Tier 4 will last for some time. I dont see them releasing Tempest Keep and SSC within the first 3-4 months so you'll be fine to catch up. T4, all of it, can be done in dungeon blues.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    You gonna min-max your characters for less than 2 weeks? Clearing Naxx with TBC talents sounds like cheating to me.
    so what?
    what if we want to do that, we have 2 weeks less