Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Right, well youre talking out your ass and letting your bias do the debating, while accusing me of bias. Take care ass talker.
    i have no bias...im annoyed i cant find dungeon groups wile lvling,meanwile week one i couldnt see the ground for all the people....99% literaly gone

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think clearly this shows a steady decline. The issue really is whether or not because people have left Wow—I'm sure they have but the actual numbers aren't available and are complicated by enormous expansion sales—or whether the deeper problem is that Blizzard hasn't managed to release any new games in more than five years.
    Of course, but i think that goes to show how much of a mire modern Blizzard become and i don't think that the WoW team (which is very likely the biggest team at Blizzard) is somehow unaffected by that.
    I've said this earlier, those numbers aren't the just the result of WoW, but i also do not believe that WoW breaks the trend here.

Blizzard is the same position they were 13 years ago, WoW is their only cashcow, except now their reputation is far more tarnished and WoW also now has quite a few scars on its back.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i have no bias...im annoyed i cant find dungeon groups wile lvling,meanwile week one i couldnt see the ground for all the people....99% literaly gone
    Nothing of what you posted is actually evidence, by the way. Bolded and italicisized for emphasis. I'll even given you a definition to emphasise the point further:
    evidence
    /ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/
    noun
    1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
    I know you're trolling, but to actually be successful at trolling, you have to be convincing. As it stands, your argument is one great big [citation needed] warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    WoW is their only cashcow
    This hasn't been true for a while. Hearthstone makes a lot of money.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-05-10 at 10:04 AM.

#GetTheDickOutOfTheSalad

10+ Year Old Account
    Allan Brack is watching this thread.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Both of you are being immensely petty. Instead of insulting one another or talking out of your asses, maybe you could both do to find actual evidence to support your claims instead of throwing insults. Perhaps it would behoove you to develop better critical thinking skills?
    I know from the outside looking in, it may appear that way, but I didnt make the claim that 90% of classics player base left after the first week. No amount of critical thinking skill is going to allow me to prove a negative. Just not how it works.. Thanks for stopping by though.

How cringe to spam an exec with what ultimately boils down to "my favorite twitch streamers think you're dumb" or "fire x person"

Discuss the systems and solutions, not the people.

Americans just cant wait to cancel people xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    This hasn't been true for a while. Hearthstone makes a lot of money.
    Hearthstone has also seen better days and Activision Blizzard themselves keep mentioning WoW as one of their biggest franchises.

I can't believe the petulance of your reply to JAB. "I have a business management degree", lmfao bro, have you ever managed a multi-billion $ company? Or perhaps your way out of a paper bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Hearthstone has also seen better days and Activision Blizzard themselves keep mentioning WoW as one of their biggest franchises.
    Sure. I'm merely commenting on the fact WoW isn't their only cash cow anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    So for those who didn't see my email campaign thread before it was locked, I tried to start an email campaign by giving the emails of activision and blizzard higher-ups. What I wasn't expecting was to actually get an answer. I'm not particularly impressed by Brack's answers. But I thought I would share our conversation and see what the general populace thinks.

Initial Email

Brack's response

My response

Is this a joke? In what world do you think you have the right to email Blizzard and ask for someone to be demoted from their job because of a system you don’t like.
    How dare you email Blizzard and talk about someone individually and act as if you know them, know how they work, and have any real insight into anything that happens within Blizzard’s offices.
    Just because Ion is the guy who speaks to the community, does not mean he is the one person who makes all decisions.

You need to step away from your computer and just reflect on what you are doing.

Also before you go, can you please leave us your boss’ email address (assuming you have one). I would like to email them and discuss how you handle yourself in your spare time, and perhaps use it as evidence to get you ‘demoted’.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Peacemoon; 2021-05-10 at 10:24 AM.

I don't really know what you were expecting. Your email is pretty low in useful comment. You don't set out your issues clearly at all, your example is half-baked and fairly ignorant of what was actually said (Ion stated that he believed the current implementation of conduit energy to flawed). Its a fairly banal "I think these things are bad, and some people agree with me" email. Its hard for him to give a reply which is substantive given the lack of substance in your email.

When you approach people reasonably, with useful comments (most of Belullar's & cos comments are not reasonable - they are hyperbolic, and click baity) you will get more reasonable responses.

What I find funny is that people like you think the game should be exactly like the players want it to be.

Now, I'm not defending blizz devs as I'm also of an opinion they've been doing a poor job for a long time now. But I'm not stupid enough to believe the players know better. Players will always complain and will never be satisfied. Most of those triggered by blizz decisions are people who have nothing else going on in their lives and they got way TOO emotionally invested into a video game and whenever there's something that ruin their second/new life bubble inside of the game they react super negatively.

Providing feedback is ok. FEEDBACK, not insults, nitpicking, and overfocusing on one area while ignoring everything else. In the end it's up to you to decide if you want to spend the time in game or just move on. That's a healthy approach, and if you find it difficult or impossible to abandon something that no longer gives you joy, you need some external help because there's a medical definition for that.

"Email campaign" to CEOs is something else though. This is something above addiction or freaking out. It's more than Karen mentality. I don't know how to name it because I can't really wrap my mind around how someone would be capable of not only coming up with such idea, but doing it.

Are people's lives so sad and empty that they really can't let go?

This is actually the most pathetic thing I have seen someone in this community do. OP, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are debasing yourself way too much

10+ Year Old Account
    People tracking MAUs and shit are simply oblivious to the simple fact that current Blizzard's games are spent. Blizz milked all they could out of them and the best the teams working on them can do now is to artificially extend their life.

WoW, Overwatch, HS - they all reached their peak as they are now. You can add another game mode or 5 to these same 3 active games they have remaining, it's nothing but desperate life support.

I think people shitting on Ion and WoW team barking at the wrong tree - they are not the issue, they do almost heroic efforts to keep up - every expansion giving a few more modes of playtest in desperate attempt to find that something else to prolong WoW life some more. All these M+, Islands, Warfront, Torghast - it's all valiant effort trying to find that something new that might succeed and prop up WoW for another decade, but in the end it's already a 2 decade old game for boomers like me trying to fight off the deluge of spanking new, modern games and game modes for today's teens.

World of Warcraft will never be another Fortnite or such, at best it can hope is for some REALLY good expansion that will prop the numbers a bunch, but as a game - it already peaked - they milked all they could there.

The REAL issue with Blizzard is not WoW, it's them sitting on their ass for years on a pile of $$ without anything new to show for it. Whether it's creative bankruptcy, cowardice or their delusions of grandeur sprinkled with ego - they just simply don't move forward with any new games.

By all rights they should have had another 2 games in the pipeline already on top of D4, with one of those games being new franchise. But what do they have? Overwatch "2"? Another HS expansion or 5 and the inevitable WoW expansion? That's it? What happened to Starcraft? Can they make some new franchise and some new game genre they did not do before (or at least in last 2 decades)?

Diablo 4 is their fig list, you can bet it will sell A LOT. But that's not really enough for years to come.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-05-10 at 10:28 AM.

Conduit energy??? That's why you think the sky is falling?

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    What I find funny is that people like you think the game should be exactly like the players want it to be.

Now, I'm not defending blizz devs as I'm also of an opinion they've been doing a poor job for a long time now. But I'm not stupid enough to believe the players know better. Players will always complain and will never be satisfied. Most of those triggered by blizz decisions are people who have nothing else going on in their lives and they got way TOO emotionally invested into a video game and whenever there's something that ruin their second/new life bubble inside of the game they react super negatively.

Providing feedback is ok. FEEDBACK, not insults, nitpicking, and overfocusing on one area while ignoring everything else. In the end it's up to you to decide if you want to spend the time in game or just move on. That's a healthy approach, and if you find it difficult or impossible to abandon something that no longer gives you joy, you need some external help because there's a medical definition for that.

"Email campaign" to CEOs is something else though. This is something above addiction or freaking out. It's more than Karen mentality. I don't know how to name it because I can't really wrap my mind around how someone would be capable of not only coming up with such idea, but doing it.

Are people's lives so sad and empty that they really can't let go?
    The bold is spot on. Games shouldn't be the way players want. The players will always want the easiest route which doesn't make the best game.

I feel like you're just being a Karen. It's a very wide, varied and critic fueled customer base to appeal to now, no matter what direction you design the game you're always going to only please a majority of the constantly expanding and increasingly hard to please audience. It's incredibly hard to appeal to both casuals and hardcore gamers because both want very different games from us and they have to appeal to both because at the end of the day it's still a business, finding the balance is always going to have areas that are lacking or not meeting players expectations

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Sure. I'm merely commenting on the fact WoW isn't their only cash cow anymore.
    Not literally, but nobody would give a crap about HS if it didn't have a WoW paint job. We have WoW, WoW card game and one third WoW MOBA. Blizz is selling not WoW by giving it a WoW paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Not literally, but nobody would give a crap about HS if it didn't have a WoW paint job. We have WoW, WoW card game and one third WoW MOBA. Blizz is selling not WoW by giving it a WoW paint job.
    Isn't the MOBA dead and buried?