Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Legion thoroughly.
    Getting bad leggos was a small dampener but I didn't raid a lot so it didn't affect me a lot. But the stuff I loved was plenty:
    -Suramar, story and the city itself
    -Artifact weapons and collecting their appearances
    -class mounts
    -Mage Tower
    -Story was fun even if parts were annoying ("Tyrande my love!"")
    -Music even if a lot of it was a bit too bombastic at times
    -Huge continent to explore with many secrets. Loved the grappling gun in Stormheim. And it was actually fun to explore until we got flying later on. Yes, even Highmountain.
    -PvP tower dailies and outside arenas
    -Cool community solved puzzles
    -Unique class campaigns
    -Fun and varied raids that were huge and let you explore
    -World quests were very varied and diverse unlike later installments.
    -Shaman: Gust of Wind
    -Demon Hunter leveling experience
    -Invasions pre-event. Was fun zerging the bosses with hundreds of other players.

Not so fun parts:
    -Artifact knowledge making things very slow and cumbersome in the beginning, especially if you played more than one spec and class. Got a lot better later on.
    -Dadghar talking holes in your head.
    -Broken shore. Fuck that place.
    -Not being able to target a specific leggo or at least collect them all, being stuck with only 4 out of many possible. Was remedied in the end but then it was kinda too late for many.
    -The homogenisation of class spell animations removing many unique animations for many races.
    -Antorus Waste was absolutely horrible to traverse.
    -A lot of classes were forever ruined. RIP hunter.

Neutral stuff:
    -M+. Not a huge fan of timed stuff but I can see why it has gotten so popular.
    -Legion invasions. Was rather annoying with those quests popping up all the time and you had to accept them to abandon them. Nice for leveling though.

I probably forgot something but that only shows the enormous variety Legion had. I really enjoyed it even with the small breaks I took towards the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guldin View Post
    This was the first, for a very long time, that I have started reminiscing about a WoW Expansion.
    Nope.

The only thing good for casual me was the exclusive limited time Mage Tower because it had big intrinsic value to the player, it was actually worth my time to grind up my ilvl on multiple chars and actually do things in the game. The rest of the time was just waiting around doing the raids once and waiting for ze welfare and catchup because grinding out AP and stuff was a waste of time (not bad design of AP itself, just why do it now when later it's 50x faster due to welfare)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I miss the level of effort that went into the raids, zones etc but i dont miss artifact power and the soul destroying grind it became very quickly

Nah.
    Better than Cata, WoD and BFA but still dogshit.

Again, I would caution against going with gut feeling on this one, because then it would likely always feel better than it was. (Or worse potentially.)

For instance, when I think back to WoD I remember all the highlights of it, from being there at launch with the amazing community, first seeing Auchindoun. Really feeling my garrison grow in size. Getting that mount in Nagrand that allowed mounted combat. First time going into the first raid with friends I met then and still treasure. First realizing I love playing MM hunter, getting back to Tanaan in 6.2.

What I don't immediately remember is all the days, weeks and months spent doing nothing in the Garrison. Running to Nagrand and wondering why there wasnt anything to do there but kill the Clefthoof for meat, or the massive wait for Legion after HFC.

Nostalgia is all well and good, but don't think nostalgia is a credible source for what an expansion was like.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

not rly,i hated the forced grind,the bullshit legendery rng,i got both mine completly shit...also legion burned me out,it was the first expansion since wotlk that we did everything there was

Quote Originally Posted by guldin View Post
    This was the first, for a very long time, that I have started reminiscing about a WoW Expansion.
    It was great by it's end, when things started to be fixed and become, what they should have been. Return of flying, AP nerf, buyable leggos. Yeah, I miss it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Only the middle and end, the beginning of Legion was a bit messy, otherwise it's one of my favourite expansions to this day. :P
    The start and middle were the best parts of Legion the end was bad imo.

Same as bfa, but in the middle it already started to get bad.

Blizzard is bad in final patches since cata.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-05-10 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was a good expansion.

Sure you'll have some professional MMOC edgelords rushing in with their shopping lists of why Legion was "bad", but actual players just know better.

Legion should've been the end of wow. Loved doing every class campaign and the insane power levels by 7.3 made for some fun times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Legion was a good expansion.

Sure you'll have some professional MMOC edgelords rushing in with their shopping lists of why Legion was "bad", but actual players just know better.
    A lot of people think that it is nostalgia, but as a SP player who got Prydaz as my first legendary as a shadow priest and rerolled after EN raid so I essentially had to start over - I still loved. I was not bored, maybe frustrated when a bad leggo dropped, because as a mythic raider that hurt you big time, but never ever I had greater time in WoW besides when I started. And TBC being a thing in few weeks, I can't imagine it outperforming Legion for me or being anywhere close to it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Legendary acquisition was bad, that is a fact,
    I dont think so. "Play the game - get your leggo". I was fine with that.

@OP Yes i miss Legion. Ok compared to SL i even miss bfa a lot! But i enjoyd everything in legion. Really everything. Story telling, Suramar, better legs, Dungeons, Villains (!), defeating a long term threat for azeroth felt way better than facing this jailer muppet i dont even care...

I miss the content release cadence of Legion. Every two months and a half (we noticed an unofficial 77 days pattern) there was some update. Specs were adjusted a lot more dynamically, I couldn't believe how fast after release the first major content patch came and the artifact borrowed power at the time felt novel and nice. M+ was also novel and Suramar felt to me like a mini Assassin's Creed game inside WoW which I loved.

BfA had slightly slower content flow, but still quite big in scope. Unfortunately the Islands and Warfronts never had their potential realized and remained a boring pointless activity.

Shadowlands.. well, half an year in and still nothing. So although I really loved the initial content I feel like I got nothing interesting left to do other than run the M+ that I will be running for the next 2 years anyway... Torghast feels unrewarding, even if I like the game mode. Castle Nathria is pointless to do unless you farm a good number of the Mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    legion yea, and i can't believe im saying this but BFA as well. for me personally SL has been total ass
    Someone saying they miss BfA, you know there is a problem.

On topic, Legion was a great expansion. It finally changed dated animations and whether or not its a popular opinion, the artifact system was actually pretty cool. Weapons are one slot people stress the most over upgrading. You could pretty much forget about it until you happened to get an upgrade orb. Not only that, but they had some really cool aesthetics. The zones were nice too. My only "gripe" was that it re-introduced Dalaran. With all the things they changed, I wish they could have had some kind of original shared town. Didn't have to be awesome like Shattrath but recycling a town? meh..

No. Apart from not having Maw of Souls as a quick dungeon, there was not a single thing better in Legion. Especially not at the point of the expansion we are now in; before 7.2 Legion was absolute shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    I dont think so. "Play the game - get your leggo". I was fine with that.
    Play the game - get the leggo is good, what is bad - play the game and have to rely on pure RNG to unlock a massive power increase on your character. Because it was the case for some classes. It wasn't something like "kill this boss every week and you will get it" it was "you might not get it" for 6-8months. Mine dropped 3rd from the back and took most of NH tier to get it after farming all raids on 2 difficulties every week - I enjoyed it tho, it was nice social experience with the community I was in, really easy raids while everyone was having a chat.

Kind of crazy. But Legion and MoP were my most favorite expansions ever. Hands down
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the feeling of being excited to see the story progress which Legion did amazingly well, also logging in almost every day with a clear purpose other than "ugh I suppose I'll get some anima then.."

I do wonder how Shadowlands would look right about now if there was no Covid, or if it would be about the same. Story-wise that is.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

It was a great expansion overall, although I really wasn't a fan of The Broken Shore.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Legion was fun in it's own way. Which has been true for every expansion. They're part of my history now. I've moved on though so I rather say that I remember Legion and have some bright memories from that time but I would not want it back.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.