View Poll Results: Would you want Dual spec added in Classic TBC?

Voters
199. This poll is closed
  • Yes

138 69.35%
  • No

61 30.65%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Would you want Dual spec added in Classic TBC?

So, i dont really see a reason not to do it. Obviously #NoChanges is over with, and this would improve quality of life in TBC.
    So would you want to see Dual spec added in tbc?

I would not. This will effectively cause identity to be lost. Want to be a prot pally? Guess what? You're now a holy pally that just switches to prot for a few encounters, while the ele shaman goes resto.

Some changes doesn't mean green light to pick features from future expansions but rather address actual issues.

Respeccing at the trainer is not such a big deal that some people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I would not. This will effectively cause identity to be lost. Want to be a prot pally? Guess what? You're now a holy pally that just switches to prot for a few encounters.

Some changes doesn't mean green light to pick features from future expansions but rather address actual issues.

Respeccing at the trainer is not such a big deal that some people make it out to be.

then finds a guild where they let you be prot? oh wait you a scared that you can only tank trash then?
    well yeah but thats not dual spec fault

i am MT for the guild since over 10 years i would love to have dual spec to farm^^ or even to pvp , i don't see any downside in that .. more tanks for dungeons? better flex for raid if a healer cant come tonight cause of kids or what ever?
    better arena games quality , more people doing pvp with 2 specs

there is like no down side with dual spec besides selfish people that are scared that they need to "help" or do something they dont like .

But on the other side ill just level my tank to 70 and start leveling my alt to 70 for farming no need gear for kara anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    then finds a guild where they let you be prot? oh wait you a scared that you can only tank trash then?
    well yeah but thats not dual spec fault

i am MT for the guild since over 10 years i would love to have dual spec to farm^^ or even to pvp , i don't see any downside in that .. more tanks for dungeons? better flex for raid if a healer cant come tonight cause of kids or what ever?
    better arena games quality , more people doing pvp with 2 specs

there is like no down side with dual spec besides selfish people that are scared that they need to "help" or do something they dont like .

But on the other side ill just level my tank to 70 and start leveling my alt to 70 for farming no need gear for kara anyway
    You're scared of what? Paying 50g to respec?

On the other side I don't give a crap about your alt, main, tank or whatever, good luck leveling your farming alt.

You should have learned how to write in those 10 years of tanking.

No and even tho it is convenient, it is one of many of the death by thousand cuts that WoW has received. Specs no longer having unique identities, class homogenization, etc

I know it’s inconvenient but it’s meant to replicate an era of more permanence to choices

Sure. Also LFR, Azerite, Essences, Corruptions, Titanforging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Want? No. I wouldn't lose my shit over it though. Probably run like... 49.99 to unlock give or take?

You're scared of what? Paying 50g to respec?

On the other side I don't give a crap about your alt, main, tank or whatever, good luck leveling your farming alt.

You should have learned how to write in those 10 years of tanking.

oh no my 3rd language is not perfect ! good luck tanking trash with your pally but from your text i am taking that you are going to kill much anyway if you are scared about dual spec and not being allowed to tank bosses .

Dual spec is only quality of life upgrade for raids , pvp and outside.. i mean i have enough to buy dual spec for all my toons , but it does not change the fact that having more options to switch is better when you need to find a tank for a dungeon fast or a healer that could help out
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2021-05-11 at 03:11 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id say it would be nice QOL-update.
    Sure it was normal to go respec during raid (HS and run to trainer and get summoned back), but this would make it just easier and faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Sure. Also LFR, Azerite, Essences, Corruptions, Titanforging.
    you sound like the type of person that required all the other stuff Let's not lie to ourselves now.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be PVPing mostly so I don't need to switch specs. Just sit in Frost spec the entire expansion basically (will also be Frost for dungeons). Maybe go Fire after I get geared out, I like DBing people in 5s and seeing how long I can survive.

At least it would be pro-player change, unlike the stupid character copy price or deluxe edition which costs more than Witcher and gives you less content than Minesweeper. For reference you got char boost, mount, tmog AND A FREAKING EXAPNSION of content in retail equivalent. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not. This will effectively cause identity to be lost. Want to be a prot pally? Guess what? You're now a holy pally that just switches to prot for a few encounters, while the ele shaman goes resto.

What about at least having load outs so you don't have to click 60 times and manage your spell bars every time?
    "Some changes" pretty much mean anything at this point. Just wait for BT Launch Exclusive with 3 polygon DH Pepe pet and Fel Netherdrake mount.

Since people seem to be mentioning prot pala and dual spec. In what world would a prot pala in TBC not be welcome to tank literally any boss? Some fights may favor other tanks but prot pala is insanely meta in TBC and a very strong tank. It shines best in aoe situations but it has more than enough tools to properly tank bosses and has a stupid amount of threat generation making that a non issue.
    Last edited by Delever; 2021-05-12 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    In what world would a prot pala in TBC not be welcome to tank literally any boss?
    Feral Druid / Prot Warrs generate more threat and have overall better defensives.

Feral Druid:
    Insane Healthpool / Armor
    Solid Threat generation
    You need one anyway for Leader of the Pack / Mangle

Prot Warr:
    Emergency CD's (Last Stand / Shield Wall)
    Reasonable threat generation
    Free Sunder Armor (Dps Warrs don't have to apply / maintain it)

Prot Pally:
    No Emergency CD's
    Rely on Misdirection to build initial threat (No Shield Slam / Mangle type ability to generate lots of threat)
    Abilities are spells and thus rely on spellhit (17% Miss chance on a boss - Hit and Spellhit aren't shared in TBC)
    A unique buff that isn't useful to anyone but themselves (Blessing of Sanctuary)

You can work with a Prot Pally without question, but when dual spec exists, there is just no reason to have a Prot Pally tanking the boss.
    Have a Druid / Warr with Tank gear go dps on trash, then the Pally goes Ret / Holy whenever you have a boss without multiple adds and you have the best of both worlds without any drawbacks.

At this point they've already made some of the only changes I absolutely never wanted to see in vanilla versions of the game, so I don't really care either way anymore. Sure, why not.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-12 at 08:26 AM.

as with everything people who get butthurt about dual spec can just not buy it and pay 50g every time if that is somehow better. other people using dual spec doesnt take anything away from these purists who wouldnt even notice others using it.

to me dual spec is not about the gold saved in the long term but having to set up bars and skillpoints every time is the annoying part id like to get rid of by having the dual spec system. especially since i intend to play hybrid classes

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    At least it would be pro-player change, unlike the stupid character copy price or deluxe edition which costs more than Witcher and gives you less content than Minesweeper. For reference you got char boost, mount, tmog AND A FREAKING EXAPNSION of content in retail equivalent. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

What about at least having load outs so you don't have to click 60 times and manage your spell bars every time?
    "Some changes" pretty much mean anything at this point. Just wait for BT Launch Exclusive with 3 polygon DH Pepe pet and Fel Netherdrake mount.
    You hace addons that save your builds and action bars.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    as with everything people who get butthurt about dual spec can just not buy it and pay 50g every time if that is somehow better. other people using dual spec doesnt take anything away from these purists who wouldnt even notice others using it.

to me dual spec is not about the gold saved in the long term but having to set up bars and skillpoints every time is the annoying part id like to get rid of by having the dual spec system. especially since i intend to play hybrid classes
    It doesn't matter what it is to you. It matters what impact it has on the game.

In TBC the "optimal" comp changes boss by boss, and it would be expected to be a prot pala here and a holy pala there. If it is in the game, it changes the game. Just like people said "dont get wbuffs if you dont care about them". That worked out beautifully.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can do that for just by paying Gold, your point is inane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    In TBC the "optimal" comp changes boss by boss, and it would be expected to be a prot pala here and a holy pala there. If it is in the game, it changes the game. Just like people said "dont get wbuffs if you dont care about them". That worked out beautifully.
    Give me some Examples of when A Prot Pally goes Holy mid raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Prot Pally:
    No Emergency CD's
    Rely on Misdirection to build initial threat (No Shield Slam / Mangle type ability to generate lots of threat)
    Abilities are spells and thus rely on spellhit (17% Miss chance on a boss - Hit and Spellhit aren't shared in TBC)
    A unique buff that isn't useful to anyone but themselves (Blessing of Sanctuary)
    Have you ever played a Prot Paladin? the Fuck are you even talking about.

>Rely on Misdirection to build initial threat (No Shield Slam / Mangle type ability to generate lots of threat)

Avengers Shield says hello. It Also hits multiple Targets. Mangle hits 1 and doesn't have a Threat increase modifier.

>A unique buff that isn't useful to anyone but themselves (Blessing of Sanctuary)

Except to another Tank that isn't a Druid. Another Prot Pally can use a different Blessing. And Prot Warriors Benefit from Block and taking less damage. Also, why does it matter if it only affected themselves? Does Shield Wall have to affect other People? pretty sure it's a unique Buff.

>No Emergency CD's

Except absolute immunity to damage and Lay on hands.

I'd rather a Prot Pally over a Druid literally 99.99% of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd like to have dualspec due to arena. It is way more competetive than vanilla BG's so PvE talents are too great of a disadvantage and having to respec with the gold cost every time I want to PvP feels like a punishment and not good design. Blizz realized this in Wrath and I think it would not harm TBC gameplay at all.