Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Prestige that is it.
    Raiding is fun. Getting finnaly that better piece after working on it for weeks is fun. It goes hand in hand in wow and always has.
    If everyone gets an equally powerful piece of gear from a worldquest raiders/Pvpers/mythic+ players habe nothing to look forward too anymore.

The only reason people run content over and over again is for gear when you cleared your chosen difficulty. Or do you think people like killing the same boss for months on end without a reward?

There is no confalting two concepts when they exist together and one is nothing without the other.
    People would clear the raid once or twice and leave. Nothing really to reach anymore except some boring as fuck setboni you already got on a lower difficulty.

Getting loot in Raids/dungeons is a HUGE part of it. Saying otherwise... no...
    I mean from a outsider looking in that makes sense.

Usually people just enjoy raiding and keep doing it for that reason... secondary reasons are to sell carries to pay subs or fund future progression and to keep the roster active.

To deny this is just to be nothing but a contrarian. There's no other option other than this to set things straight.

Have you looked into the 9.1 world content gearing? It's basically gonna let you upgrade over time to just slightly below heroic raid ilvl, which is definitely a step in the right direction.

But yeah, I definitely agree that world content should agree almost the same ilvl as highest raid/pvp content, just requiring MUCH more work/time/grind and maybe with weaker stats.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Not true. Other players getting rewards doesn't take away your rewards, at least I hope it doesn't.
    An interesting perspective. In that case, why is this thread, along with many others, using other peoples gear as the basis for what they want? Why does the ilvl need to match normal, or heroic, or mythic? I mean you said it yourself, them getting rewards doesn't take away your rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    An interesting perspective. In that case, why is this thread, along with many others, using other peoples gear as the basis for what they want? Why does the ilvl need to match normal, or heroic, or mythic? I mean you said it yourself, them getting rewards doesn't take away your rewards.
    The locus do not care if others starve in their frenzy. Only the feast matters nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    To deny this is just to be nothing but a contrarian. There's no other option other than this to set things straight.
    Set what straight? Why do casual players need 220+ if they don't do any content that requires ilvl that high?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Set what straight? Why do casual players need 220+ if they don't do any content that requires ilvl that high?
    Well i think the better question is, why would they change things now? As Ion said, and many others have proven, nothing has changed since as far back as Wrath.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    It is my opinion that we should have a better gear progression system in place for casual world content.
    Call me crazy but I know a great way to have a better gear progression system, or a nice alternative path if drops have been unlucky.
    Get ready for it, that's right, it's called crafting.
    Here is my spin on it to be useful at all levels of progression.

When you kill a boss, be it dungeons, raids, open world elites, they drop bind on pickup orbs to the item level you are accomplishing. Then you craft any gear piece you want to with the according mats +item level orb you want to set the piece to. And it's a bind on equip item.

I think this is system is fair since the orbs are bind on pickup you need to go do some work yourself to get them if you want to craft for yourself and you can only craft to the content you are clearing and not beyond. Also vice versa awards higher end players as well with having access to better gear to craft and sell. Ya get economy, community, and actual usable gear crafting professions being useful at all stages.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    We could take the opposite approach. The only place where you can really feel your power level gains is in world content. Sure, bosses take less time to go down, but that doesn't translate to your personal power having increased. Why should gear matter at all in Raids? We've had stat templates in PvP before. Why not take the same approach for group PvE?

The closer we can get people in power level for outdoor world content then the better that outdoor world content can be. As pointed out in the OP, using a bonus system for specialized gear from current endgame content allows a path to make that happen. We would have a better game for all IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    The Maw and especially Torghast says hello.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    mmo-champion should probably create a subforum called "I think I'm a game designer"
    And another one called "I post meme one liners because I don't have any actual arguments".

More OT: sounds good on paper, you prefer X type of content so you gear which is stronger in that specific case. However, I'm not too sure of the consequences, since it would feel bizarre for someone to have 25% less primary stat in other types of gameplay "just because".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And another one called "I post meme one liners because I don't have any actual arguments".

More OT: sounds good on paper, you prefer X type of content so you gear which is stronger in that specific case. However, I'm not too sure of the consequences, since it would feel bizarre for someone to have 25% less primary stat in other types of gameplay "just because".
    I believe there absolutely needs to be a bonus system for Raid gear to make this whole plan work. But, the question then becomes how to deal with M+.

1. Same Bonus - If you were to just have one single PvE Bonus that applies to both Raid and Dungeon gear, then we stay in the same boat where Raiders feel forced to run both Raids and Dungeons to min/max. I can't imagine that being a good feeling but it is a legitimate alternative.

2. Different Bonus - This being what I am suggesting solves that problem, but the drawback is the need to have multiple sets for all forms of endgame content. Is the fix worth the hassle? It is surely debatable.

For PvP, we already have a bonus system in place through the PvP trinkets. My plan was to just adjust that to be more similar to the PvE bonus for the sake of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    I believe there absolutely needs to be a bonus system for Raid gear to make this whole plan work. But, the question then becomes how to deal with M+.

1. Same Bonus - If you were to just have one single PvE Bonus that applies to both Raid and Dungeon gear, then we stay in the same boat where Raiders feel forced to run both Raids and Dungeons to min/max. I can't imagine that being a good feeling but it is a legitimate alternative.

2. Different Bonus - This being what I am suggesting solves that problem, but the drawback is the need to have multiple sets for all forms of endgame content. Is the fix worth the hassle? It is surely debatable.

For PvP, we already have a bonus system in place through the PvP trinkets. My plan was to just adjust that to be more similar to the PvE bonus for the sake of consistency.
    How about we don't destroy the entire games progression system to give a small group of people consumed by envy a momentary reprieve?

The cats out of the bag.. you cant take away conveniences without alienating most of the playerbase. You want to play a game with decent loot, TBC comes out in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    The cats out of the bag.. you cant take away conveniences without alienating most of the playerbase. You want to play a game with decent loot, TBC comes out in a few weeks.
    I am afraid to play it... you can't cross the same river twice. I thought I would enjoy classic only for it to be an absurdly easy game to me with a weird hardcore group that got annoyed with me for not farming buffs for 2 hours for content we cleared in 40mins...

I loved tbc but I completed every tier back then and I was eight... I worry that if I go back to my favorite expansion all it will do is leave me jaded. I want a tbc but harder and with entirely new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What I like most about these threads how people put themselves in the shoes of game devs...especially the part where they have to bend over and this forum tells tells what they think about it.
    To be honest the game devs have failed so utterly and thoroughly since... Lets say legion that the player base doesn't really get angry anymore just exhausted when they announce their new annoyance like the time gated trainwreck torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I would mostly like to know how people define and know what this ominous "playerbase" wants.

Also..how does the "time gated trainwreck torghast" figure into this, since it is about a gear reward system?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting analogy. I crossed the city in my hometown about..like ..100 times (plus)...like in one direction..and then back..and then again in the other direction... But I guess it means something mystical.
    For the first part... gear progression isn't really a thing anymore in wow save for perhaps heroic and mythic raiders alongside those who push high mythic plus. The game passively hands out normal quality gear by simply hitting level cap at this point via anima gear. Add to that all the weekly freebies (world bosses, weekly events, arguably conquest though I admit that one is a bit murky since you really have to do rated for it) it is the minority of the minority that ever has gear be a real factor in if content is beatable.

For the TBC bit it means i've beaten tbc already. Even if I play it again I know the lion' share of all the mechanics even if I play a new class. Sure I am certain I have forgotten some of the minor abilities but odds are I would bulldoze the game to easily. I might have some fun doing it but my memories from TBC are such that I am not really sure I want to taint them by replacing them with memories of me just demolishing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    For the TBC bit it means i've beaten tbc already. Even if I play it again I know the lion' share of all the mechanics even if I play a new class. Sure I am certain I have forgotten some of the minor abilities but odds are I would bulldoze the game to easily. I might have some fun doing it but my memories from TBC are such that I am not really sure I want to taint them by replacing them with memories of me just demolishing the game.
    Find a guild that you like to play with. There are all sorts of competitive and non-competitive guilds. I played Vanilla and Classic in no way "tainted" the Vanilla memories.. Classic was incredible and so was Vanilla /shrug

Yeah, no, screw that. I like that my M+ gear isn't worthless in raids and vice versa. Couldn't imagine being someone who wants to be good in all three content branches and needs to farm and maintain 45 fucking items to be competitive.

As for upgradeable world content gear, 9.1 has that already, Wowhead's got an article on it.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2021-05-15 at 05:27 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    So make world quest gear where i play catch with a doggo for 3minutes reward same gear as m15? sure thing.... lul
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Some people here have a lack of vision.

The game itself could be different in conjunction with the plan. Remember all of the areas on the map you didn't visit while leveling? Those could have become elite areas where you would find the elite WQs that give gear upgrades. Imagine elite mobs that can 1-shot you similar to the good ole days on the Timeless Isle. That place was received well. The good gear upgrades wouldn't be from normal WQs that you can breeze through. Things could be more difficult.

Some areas of the Maw are designed like this and are fun. But the only people that go there are geared folks because casuals have no reason to be in the Maw in the first place. Huge missed opportunity by Blizz. It's places like those that represent the type of world content that people need a reason to participate. It just lacks rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    As for upgradeable world content gear, 9.1 has that already, Wowhead's got an article on it.
    Here is my personal issue with the Maw-Touched gear. I believe it caps out at 233. Well I'm already 220, so it would take ages before I got the gear to a place that I would see an upgrade since the process is gated. I don't mind long grinds or gated content. And I like the concept of the Maw-Touched gear. But that's a long wait to see what will be small (13 ilvls) results in the end. That does not excite me. That does not push me to re-sub.

After doing some math, that is approximately 11 weeks (almost 3 months) of grinding without a single gear upgrade. That sounds great...
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2021-05-15 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    So make world quest gear where i play catch with a doggo for 3minutes reward same gear as m15? sure thing.... lul
    This is what many of them want, yes. But, to "balance it out" with a +15, they have to play catch with the dog for 3 minutes every day for a week, which makes it totally ok.