Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i miss world of warcraft lol

Not missing Legion and the majority of its systems (and knowing I will be a heretic I am not missing the mage tower much as well - cast majority of my toons facerolled it with argus gear anyways).
    I do however miss the fact that it was the only expansion following tbc where raids felt a bit evergreen with multiple of runs carried out by a wide range of players and ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    I love legion, one of the best expansion, i know that many ppl gonna talk about legendarises but which expansion havent some shit?
    10.0 Wrath of the Bolvar.

Literally confirmed!

The worst part about missing Legion is that the leveling feels nothing like it did with the Artifact, AP, traits, and powers neutralized entirely during the leveling process.

You lose a lot of the incentive and reward and gameplay there was there, so Legion now feels very barren compared to how it was when it was live.

Makes me glad I leveled all classes to cap and experienced it all while it was current or I would have missed out in that experience now that it's gone.

I'm with the MoP-missers.
    Legion - while it was nowhere near as bad as BfA - is where everything began that I strongly dislike in modern/current wow. So big no.

For the first 2 patches, it was the only expansion that comes close to Wrath. Going to Argus was jump-the-shark levels of silly even by WoW standards.

Suramar was cool I guess but I can go visit the zone right now on retail if I want to so my answer is no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The worst part about missing Legion is that the leveling feels nothing like it did with the Artifact, AP, traits, and powers neutralized entirely during the leveling process.

You lose a lot of the incentive and reward and gameplay there was there, so Legion now feels very barren compared to how it was when it was live.

Makes me glad I leveled all classes to cap and experienced it all while it was current or I would have missed out in that experience now that it's gone.
    Makes me regret never getting a rogue through it back when it was current.
    Also have a few specs on my alts that I haven't done the weapon quests for. It's such a shame they removed the artifact progression. Can't even put sockets in them anymore even though both quests and bosses reward them to you. Such bullshit they neutralized them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    To be fair, I suck at Rogue though
    Yes, and so does everybody else who was dumb enough to think Legion Rogue is good.

100% of the time, without failure, people who praise Legion Rogue design are Rogue alts, fotm rerollers, or people who just mess around with a bunch of different classes without specializing in Rogue.

People like me who played the Rogue class since day 1? We despise the Legion Rogue class redesign. It's complete garbage and the single, solitary reason that I no longer play retail WoW after subscribing continuously from vanilla until Legion launch.

Gouge? GONE. Poisons? GONE. Bleeds? GONE. Garrote? GONE. Bursty Shadow Dance? GONE. Find Weakness? GONE. Shiv? GONE. Premeditation? GONE. Preparation? GONE. Hemorrhage? GONE. Slice and Dice? GONE.

They deleted half of the damn spellbook for Subtlety Rogues and replaced it with a dumbed down design based on a spammable teleport ambush and flashy purple particle effects (how "subtle") for keyboard-drooling morons. (To quote Celestalon from the beta forums, "we want Subtlety Rogue to appeal to a 'wider audience' in Legion" and you can easily infer from the design what kind of 'wider audience' he was referring to.... fucking idiots who suck at playing Rogue)
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Last expansion I honestly enjoyed was MoP. WoD it started downhill, but Legion just took it over the ledge and both BfA and SL have simply doubled down and made all of it worse and worse.

No, everything post MoP has been dogshit!

We've had 7 years of shit... Can't see it ever getting better now.

I'll play TBC 'til I'm bored then I'm done for good!
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2021-05-16 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Not at all. Same shit as WoD.
    You apparently didn't play legion.

I do! It was such fun, fresh and new, and I had plenty to do. The story was very cool to me at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, mostly miss MoP though tbh.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Legion is the best expansion Blizzard have made since Wrath. EN was fun. Artifacts were pretty whack when you had to line up AK research like you were playing Farmville or something, but they fixed that eventually. Legendaries kinda sucked at the beginning when the chance to get any drop at all was extremely low, but by the final patch and before the vendor came out they were an awesome incentive to just play the fucking game, doing whatever it is you personally wanted to do, because everything right down to opening a Blingtron could give you a legendary. Most fun I've had in WoW bar none, just constantly doing something because there was always the chance at a reward.

BFA was alright once we got into Dazar'alor and especially once they added a second ring to Azerite gear, but I think they captured lightning in a bottle with Legion and have done everything they can since to squander it by pandering to lazy people who want perfect deterministic gearing via content no harder than world quests.

Yes. I miss being the leader of the paladins running around with ashbringer surrounded by dozens of other paladins running around with ashbringer. I do miss having my first 3 legiondaries being the worst ones for my spec. I miss having to farm ap. I miss having random gear just magically becoming better because reasons. I miss the pruning and that 100% pointless broken shore quest line that added literally nothing to the game. Why was this useless questline even time gated?

The only good parts of legion to me were the raids, M+, orderhall questlines, and the mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Yes, and so does everybody else who was dumb enough to think Legion Rogue is good.
    You'll note that I actually said that upon thinking about it, I actually found the Legion Rogue to be 'okay', not good, and that the last version I thought was good as MoP.

To expand on that, I thought Outlaw was an improvement on Combat, which I'd always found as boring AF, and Sub was 'ok' (and I didn't do Assassination in Legion). Also, my view of Legion's Rogue is coloured by BfA, which absolutely blew chunks - being forced into Assassination because Sub was so awful makes BfA's Rogue the worst ever to my mind.

Gouge? GONE. Poisons? GONE. Bleeds? GONE. Garrote? GONE. Bursty Shadow Dance? GONE. Find Weakness? GONE. Shiv? GONE. Premeditation? GONE. Preparation? GONE. Hemorrhage? GONE. Slice and Dice? GONE.

They deleted half of the damn spellbook for Subtlety Rogues and replaced it with a dumbed down design based on a spammable teleport ambush and flashy purple particle effects (how "subtle") for keyboard-drooling morons. (To quote Celestalon from the beta forums, "we want Subtlety Rogue to appeal to a 'wider audience' in Legion" and you can easily infer from the design what kind of 'wider audience' he was referring to.... fucking idiots who suck at playing Rogue)
    Yeah, I wasn't keen on Sub doing shadow damage. Still aren't and losing Premeditation and Prep is BS.

Legion was a shitshow at release. Its saving grace is that it got good content patches in a timely manner. That’s the problem with Shadowlands. SL is an above average base product but it takes way too long for content patches to improve upon that base.

Legion ? where all this modern game design like „systems“ or „borrowed power“ BS started ?

NO THX.

even when SL sucks (there are other games out there) i REALLY dont miss Legion.

i maybe miss MoP, or WotLK etc. but for sure i miss NOTHING since WoD. furthermore i hope sometimes in future xpacs change to a better older concept. but these concepts dont sell tokens. so, not much hope here...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Yes. I miss being the leader of the paladins running around with ashbringer surrounded by dozens of other paladins running around with ashbringer. I do miss having my first 3 legiondaries being the worst ones for my spec. I miss having to farm ap. I miss having random gear just magically becoming better because reasons. I miss the pruning and that 100% pointless broken shore quest line that added literally nothing to the game. Why was this useless questline even time gated?

The only good parts of legion to me were the raids, M+, orderhall questlines, and the mage tower.
    this sums it up very well. you forgot: „i miss a great, creative, funny and interessting patch like 7.2.“

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Legion is the best expansion Blizzard have made since Wrath. EN was fun. Artifacts were pretty whack when you had to line up AK research like you were playing Farmville or something, but they fixed that eventually. Legendaries kinda sucked at the beginning when the chance to get any drop at all was extremely low, but by the final patch and before the vendor came out they were an awesome incentive to just play the fucking game, doing whatever it is you personally wanted to do, because everything right down to opening a Blingtron could give you a legendary. Most fun I've had in WoW bar none, just constantly doing something because there was always the chance at a reward.

BFA was alright once we got into Dazar'alor and especially once they added a second ring to Azerite gear, but I think they captured lightning in a bottle with Legion and have done everything they can since to squander it by pandering to lazy people who want perfect deterministic gearing via content no harder than world quests.
    i have ZERO clue how someone come to this opinion. but hey, its taste. everyone his own.

i cant remember a single thing besides 2 good raids and a few good dungeons:

- AP ? puke.
    - Cheap shit stories by adding every lore character ever found into some stupid questlines ? puke.
    - the great max level suramar questing experience, before flying ? puke.
    - the great 7.2 patch ? puke.
    - the cheap shit timegated questlines ? puke.
    - that idiotic relics system in 7.3 ? puke.
    - the great legendary farming ? puke.
    - the creative, totally interessting EN raid ? puke.
    - the introduction of rifts aka the great m+ system ?

there was maybe mage tower and 2 good raids. thats it.

Legion was pretty shit if not for M+, since that’s when it began. The last really good WoW expansion was Mists of Pandaria. Timeless Isle was the most fun I’ve ever had playing this game.