Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They fixed the moon in me1. Earth is no longer "flipped." That's a nice little change.

BTW you can skip most of the side stuff, but I don't recommend it if it's your first time playing, there is a so much story elements hinted in the side quests that come back in big ways in the subsequent games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Annoying, but it's ME1 so you can just literally throw Omnigel at everything.
    ah well.

and yeah, its what I tend to do, its just in original, i can mod in a bunch of armor or weapons at the start and never ever have to deal with that minigame at all. I don't think there are mods for remaster to do that yet. thanks for the answer.

The minigame is really dumb, in that it's so brain dead easy to win every single time.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-05-17 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yep, I love ME1 for the story, nothing comes close to the menace of Sovereign, but it was widely accepted as being the weakest gameplay wise by far.
    I think that is a significant part of the hype over the remake. People hoping that ME1's quality would be brought more in line with Me2 and 3.
    I hoped they would touch things up a bit more for ME1. Combat is pretty much the same, aiming seems a bit better but its mainly a visual update. I am a bit dissapointed that they didnt bother with sarens model, making him look normal in the start and adding the geth upgrades later on.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I actually thought the ME3 multiplayer was one of the better wave defense modes that have been released. Even now, it's a pretty fun game. It's definitely a shame that it's not in there but I suppose we can hope that they'll add it to ME4.
    Wouldn't that impact the perfect outcome to have everyone survive the end? Iirc it was needed to raise success.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wouldn't that impact the perfect outcome to have everyone survive the end? Iirc it was needed to raise success.
    They changed that a while after ME3's release.
    Originally you indeed had to do Multiplayer to get access to all the endings.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They changed that a while after ME3's release.
    Originally you indeed had to do Multiplayer to get access to all the endings.
    I played ME3 long (years) after the release and you still had 50% galaxy readiness unless you did multiplayer to raise it. Sure, you may be able to reach enough galaxy readiness even at 50% to unlock the "best" ending, but a new player would still find that rather confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Love it. Sadly i chose adept for ME1.... damn these powers are nearly impossible to aim... should have taken soldier.

Can't remeber if i can change my job when taking my safegame to ME2

decided to try it out, despite the negative things i heard, and it isnt bad imho. the technical problems are less jarring to me (small fov, etc.) then i anticipated.

im currently working my way through ME1 and i have a couple of questions:

- it feels like im getting waaaaayy too many skillpoints. i have maxed almost everything i care about and justs filling in the other stuff. is that an LE thing or was the original like this as well?
    - can i tell my companions to never use specific weapons? i had tali switch to shotgun during long distance firefights a couple of times and it get annoying to manually change it back every thime. can i "remove" the shotgun from her inventory?
    - is it worth going around scanning planets and landing, getting resouces etc? feels like a slog
    - do the weapons and equip get interesting at all? those upgrades look super boring

the story seems fine, the gameplay is tolerable so will continue, but i hope ME2 is better, as many people told me.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    decided to try it out, despite the negative things i heard, and it isnt bad imho. the technical problems are less jarring to me (small fov, etc.) then i anticipated.

im currently working my way through ME1 and i have a couple of questions:

- it feels like im getting waaaaayy too many skillpoints. i have maxed almost everything i care about and justs filling in the other stuff. is that an LE thing or was the original like this as well?
    - can i tell my companions to never use specific weapons? i had tali switch to shotgun during long distance firefights a couple of times and it get annoying to manually change it back every thime. can i "remove" the shotgun from her inventory?
    - is it worth going around scanning planets and landing, getting resouces etc? feels like a slog
    - do the weapons and equip get interesting at all? those upgrades look super boring

the story seems fine, the gameplay is tolerable so will continue, but i hope ME2 is better, as many people told me.
    Legendary Mode leveling is half the levels but you get double the skill points. If you want slower leveling you can switch to classic mode, but you won't hit max level on a single playthrough.

Yes, bring up your own weapon wheel. But, teammates have preferred weapons based on their class. As Tali's class has shotgun, she will continue to default to that weapon. You have to tell them to use a different weapon if you want them to. Otherwise, the AI will favor class weapons over what you tell them. Tali and Wrex like Shotguns, Garrus and Ashley will use Assault rifles. Kaiden and Liara will use pistols.

For XP and Money, there is one scan quest that can pay off in ME3 for additional war readiness.

In ME1, not really. Once you can buy the Spectre weapons, you don't really need any others. The Spectre Weapons you get from the C-Sec Vendor on the Citadel or the shop on the Normandy itself. Outside of a few upgrades, most are super situational. Like improve heat skins on sniper rifles allows more shots before overheat. And if you have two on the Spectre Assault rifle, that this basically like having a portable Mako main gun.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-05-17 at 10:38 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Legendary Mode leveling is half the levels but you get double the skill points. If you want slower leveling you can switch to classic mode, but you won't hit max level on a single playthrough.
    I did everything in ME1 with Legendary Mode (killed every enemy, completed all assignement while going most of the time for max xp reward without going renegade) and I ended up level 28 at the end. So their "no need to do a second playthrough with Legendary Mode" is a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I did everything in ME1 with Legendary Mode (killed every enemy, completed all assignement while going most of the time for max xp reward without going renegade) and I ended up level 28 at the end. So their "no need to do a second playthrough with Legendary Mode" is a miss.
    Guess you got a bug then. I was 30 before hitting the final planet and I for sure didn't scrap the galaxy of every last thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Did you use Omnigel or did you do the unlock minigame to unlock things?
    Did you collect additional materials for the the scan quests (rare elements, Matriarch writings, etc).

You get XP for those as well. If you use Omnigel to unlock, iirc, you don't get XP for the unlock. Even if you do, did you unlock EVERYTHING you can. There are some side mission that once you finish, it kicks you out of the area. And there are some hidden chests to unlock.

Did you kill all the Thresher Maws? None are required fights to beat the game. And only one is required to beat the first in Kahoku's side quest series with Cerberus.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-05-17 at 11:52 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-ef...r-could-return

Apparently there's still a chance that they may include the multiplayer mode, depending on the demand and how well received the game is. Would certainly help make it feel more complete, and make me more interested in buying it (the price point is still a huge issue for me though).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

Apparently there's still a chance that they may include the multiplayer mode, depending on the demand and how well received the game is. Would certainly help make it feel more complete, and make me more interested in buying it (the price point is still a huge issue for me though).
    It is 3 games and all the DLC that came with them barring one. So you are talking about 20 bucks a game with its DLC. Really isn't that bad for one game more or less rebuilt and two others remastered. But if price is the issue I am sure in like a few months it probably see a sale and hit into the 40s. I get people wanting and missing the multiplayer, I am one of them, but price doesn't seem that insane to me. It is basically what you paid for one of the games as they released originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It is 3 games and all the DLC that came with them barring one. So you are talking about 20 bucks a game with its DLC. Really isn't that bad for one game more or less rebuilt and two others remastered. But if price is the issue I am sure in like a few months it probably see a sale and hit into the 40s. I get people wanting and missing the multiplayer, I am one of them, but price doesn't seem that insane to me. It is basically what you paid for one of the games as they released originally.
    I forgot to mention that I already own all the games and DLC. I doubt I'd be willing to pay more than 20$ for it, even if they included multiplayer.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I forgot to mention that I already own all the games and DLC. I doubt I'd be willing to pay more than 20$ for it, even if they included multiplayer.
    That is reasonable. I mean to each their own. It isn't a major point of contention in my opinion. I am just of the mind set a lot of companies probably would have done them one at a time and charged more individually. Some companies charge 15 bucks (and originally 35) just to copy a preexisting character to an already existing server.

I guess the point I am trying to make is it could have been insanely worse and with EA I am mildly suprised it wasn't.

I feel you about the price. TO me if Bioware just updated the gameplay elements of the OG games I wouldn't even think about buying the Legendary version.
    But it's a EA game, you can find a keys for 40 EURO right now and probably in a month two maybe even for 30.

Bit the bullet and got it as well, starting with ME1 of course.

Man I remember being blown away by the animations when I first played ME1 way back when. Now it all looks stilted and the dialog isn't that great either. The visual updates are quite noticeable, especially the texture quality is night and day. Gameplay has gone from "nearly unplayable" to "meh" which I guess is a major improvement. Mako's still a piece of shit to drive sadly, I had hoped it would be more like Andromeda's Nomad but alas.

Still, played four hours in a day and enjoyed myself despite everything; the opening hours of ME1 being probably the worst part of the trilogy apart from ME3's ending, I'd say that would be a good sign. Think this is the beginning of my first, proper replaying of the entire saga plus DLCs, including some I didn't get such as Omega for ME3.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Guess you got a bug then. I was 30 before hitting the final planet and I for sure didn't scrap the galaxy of every last thing.
    I wonder if the difficulty setting changes xp earned. I did everything the galaxy had to offer and fell short at 28 as well. I was on insanity the whole time.