Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It is rather odd we haven't had an Australian outback type zone yet. That, or Hawaiian. Would be nice to have either. They both have very strong vibes.

- - - Updated - - -

Would totally be on board for that. Hopefully they don't get instakilled like the Zandalari did. Or every other Troll race for that matter.. Would be refreshing for a Troll tribe to be able to stand on two feet for once.
    Hawaii has limited appeal though, especially outside of American audiences.
    Austrlia on the other hand is a continent.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be great! It'd be a great opportunity for another prison dungeon or raid like Tol Barad and Tol Dagor.
    Last edited by saintminya; 2021-05-19 at 12:31 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

Would totally be on board for that. Hopefully they don't get instakilled like the Zandalari did. Or every other Troll race for that matter.. Would be refreshing for a Troll tribe to be able to stand on two feet for once.
    Yeah, and having their leader die in a .1 Patch, only to be replaced by an entierlfy 'new' character.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Give me a Ute and some grogg I reckon we might have a game there.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    How about Maori-themed trolls? It would be cool with we could meet another troll tribe
    I dig this! A Pacific Islander brand of Trolls would be a nice contrast to the typical Jamaican Dark Spears!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    How about a trip down under? Kind of like Pandaria, where we have a fresh little side trip to explore; an kooky island in the south seas with an Australian twist. Have Warcraft's unique spin applied to the unique fauna found in Australia and New Zealand, but rooted in the Warcraft universe.
    Hmmm, a dungeon full of kangaroos? Gief plx, I wouldn't mind some of the MoP sillyness back - with an Australian spin this time

On a (bit) more serious note, I always had the impression that Alliance zones in BfA had been inspired by New Zealand landscapes, especially Stormsong.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

When the vulpera were initially datamined from BFA I was hoping that's what they were going to be.

Australia has a lot of potential that is never really realised. About the only fantasy example of it I can recall is The Last Continent written by Terry Pratchett and that is more a comedic take on it.

If you want it even crazier, go with the extinct megafauna. For that you take the current Australian animals, like wombats, kangaroos, snakes, crocodiles, turtles and then make them much, much larger. You are talking things like wombats the size of rhinos, 3 metre tall, half ton flightless birds that may have been meateaters, 7 metre long crocodiles an a host of other oversized creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting something similar for years. Particularly a New Zealand themed zone and cultures. I think the vibe could be 'deep forest', and sub-alpine areas. NZ themes would work better with Polynesian vibes though, rather than being grouped with Australia imo. Have people here ever compared the Australian outback to North Island native forests, or the Southerns Alps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

As someone who lives in regional Queensland, let me tell you that this post made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. Cringe is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Toldorn View Post
    As someone who lives in regional Queensland, let me tell you that this post made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. Cringe is an understatement.
    Now you know how I feel about Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This is basically just Draenor though
    Pretty much. An arid, harsh landscape where all the flora and fauna are oversize, poisonous, want to eat you, or all of the above. Are we talking about Australia or Draenor?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Pretty much. An arid, harsh landscape where all the flora and fauna are oversize, poisonous, want to eat you, or all of the above. Are we talking about Australia or Draenor?
    Actually, that was one of my best moments during WoD, I wouldn't mind some stuff like that coming back (e.g. the often theorised Botani invasion of the Barrens).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    How about a trip down under? Kind of like Pandaria, where we have a fresh little side trip to explore; an kooky island in the south seas with an Australian twist. Have Warcraft's unique spin applied to the unique fauna found in Australia and New Zealand, but rooted in the Warcraft universe.

*Does not have to be an expansion theme. This idea could apply to a patched-in zone like Isle of Thunder, Mechagon and Nazjatar*

Basic setting
    - New continent loosely based on Australia
    - Unique fauna based on Australian animals
    - Diverse environment. Dense jungles, lush forests, coral reefs; whatever you can find in the Outback.
    - Referred to by the Trolls as the ancient land, 'Da Nunda'

Potential Game hooks
    - Could be an ancient Titan facility island. Maybe Uldaz is located here.
    - Mad Max style post-apocalyptic sub zones. Ancient advanced civilization, Fallen empire and scrappy Titan tech stuff.
    - Possible tie ins with other islands like Undermine, Tel Abim, Dragon Isles etc
    - New setting for Nesingwary or Harrison Jones style quests. Plenty to hunt and explore.
    - Finally introduce Throwing weapons. Spears, Glaives... Boomerangs!
    Make all the mobs in that continent/island to be elite, with an ability that can one-shot low-geared players, or severely damage geared players, even tanks (like 70+% of their health in one hit) and you're set.

A lot of fantasy TV shows and movies were filmed in Australia / New Zealand. Lord of the Rings, Hercules, Xena.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I say yes to a wombat mount. <3 Look at these beautiful chunki bois. I gotta say Otter is still my number 1# most wanted mount tho.

Sugar gliders as pets. They can perch on top your shoulder, hang on your back and glide around player.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Actually, that was one of my best moments during WoD, I wouldn't mind some stuff like that coming back (e.g. the often theorised Botani invasion of the Barrens).
    They should invade Elwynn. That's where the portal to the Botani dungeon is after all. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Kangaroo mounts, where you're in the pouch;

Maybe we can have a Steve Irwin tribute NPC that gets skewered by some local fauna after molesting it one too many times?

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Look if I can ride a kangaroo I'll drop xpac money on this right now. Extra if the kangaroo gets wings.
    Now I want a huge Kangaroo mount where you ride around in the pouch