Page 1 of 2
LastLast

dude got banned for afking in a BG

Apparently, if you AFK in a BG, you'll get a suspension for couple of days.... *Shrugs*

Source:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...round-farming/

Clarification: I didn't get banned, mod changed the thread title.
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2021-05-26 at 10:07 PM.

L o l fuckin tards lulnoobs get owned stpid nubs

Wish they got banned for longer so they missed Outlands launch

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Alliance doing naked BGs for easy marks.

Oh well, and nothing of value was lost.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Can someone explain why you'd get naked for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You never played WoW naked? It's refreshing if you have the window open and a cool breeze comes in and flows across the bits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The idea is to not take any durability loss at all.

The idea is to lose in less than 5 minutes so you can get your marks super fast, because Alliance has a very good record on AV and not so good everywhere else.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

The idea is to lose in less than 5 minutes so you can get your marks super fast, because Alliance has a very good record on AV and not so good everywhere else.
    I never knew that you can get banned for 'wrongful' gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    it can be viewed as Win Trading, easily. For all Blizzard knows you're on a discord with the other team(s) saying "ok we're gonna throw." Of course you're not, but Blizzard can easily argue that it is. and because they have the final say... Yeah Gee Gee enjoy your vacation.

Glad I didn't get in on this.

#TeamFuckEverything

But you don't take durability in a BG, much less if you cancel the res timer. I mean, for "lulz" if you're in a 15 man premade, whatever sure, but otherwise just seems like you're drawing attention to your lack of participation, and kinda yeah "fuck y'all" for doing this and lol at ppl who were banned for it. Clowns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    You never played WoW naked? It's refreshing if you have the window open and a cool breeze comes in and flows across the bits.
    Well of course, we all know cooler bits run faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still take a little hit of durability when you take damage even in BGs.

But yeah, the entire thing was stupid and the people that got banned for it kinda deserve it.

#TeamFuckEverything

I can understand why, it must be frustrating to join a bg and have your entire team being a bunch of afk dickheads.

Okay calling them dickheads might be harsh, for all know they might be nice people but this kind of gameplay should be punished as it is detrimental to the enjoyment of the people who wants to do the Battleground the proper way instead of it being an afk losefest.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2021-05-26 at 09:02 PM.

You still take a little hit of durability when you take damage even in BGs.

But yeah, the entire thing was stupid and the people that got banned for it kinda deserve it.
    Not from dying. They go naked so it's easier to be killed. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I hope they take it further and start banning people for 3/6/9/12 months at a time for this type of behavior. Oh and for retail too.

I get it, if you lag out or RL happens. But if all you do is afk out and it happens non-stop everyday all day.. I think IF ANYTHING you should at least get a debuff not allowing you to enter random BG's saying something like ( Battleground Deserter: Rank X 'beyond normal deserter debuff, this debuff lasts days/months depending on severity' ) something neat

Anyway, here's to hoping

it's around launch time, they'll pay attention for a while.

you can no doubt expect the "we banned 100k bots we take cheating serious" announcement in a few weeks too.

in a month of two you can go back to the status quo.

- - - Updated - - -

you've been able to get in trouble for afking in BGs for like 15 years. you don't get ported out when you get the afk flag on your char for funsies.

But hey farming him and the other noobs in his team as a full premade is intended.

I had 3 minute queues and 5 minute games against these teams. I was getting 18 marks an hour vs their 12. Now they got banned? Lmao.

The sad thing is, we only get a couple of days without these people filling up Azeroth with the same "let's eat Tide Pods" energy that they bring to real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, if you AFK in a BG, you'll get a suspension for couple of days.... *Shrugs*

Source:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...round-farming/
    Sounds fair enough.

If you need to AFK, you don't join a BG, or you leave the BG to do what is needed. No need to leech and take a spot from someone else who might be active in the fight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't just going afk in a BG – real life happens and sometimes you have to get up in the middle of gameplay whether it's a BG or raid or anything else... *that* would be going afk in a battleground. This is blatant cheating for quick rewards.

Is some sort of punishment appropriate? Yes, they cheated. Is the ban too long for the severity of cheating? Also yes. But you lose nothing if you hadn't cheated.