Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Address: 185 Oneida Cres, Richmond Hill, Ontario

How common is full T3/BIS nowadays ?

Is basically everyone in full T3 nowadays or is it still rare?

Depends on the class. For some classes T3 is less powerful than offset pieces.

I think it probably varies server to server and for a given value of "common"...

You see plenty of people in Stormwind on my server with what looks like full t3 or at least most of the set. Some players had no interest in collecting it as it wasn't BiS for their spec. Certainly it isn't "everyone" we cleared Naxx about 22 times I think over phase 6 and not all of our raiders had finished the set by the end, although wartorn scraps was also an issue there (I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Until now there were 24 Naxx ID resets, and while T3 tokens are certain drops you still need to be very lucky to have it completed by now. Obviously also depending on your class, since it's not bis for all specs by far, so some are more in demand than others. And getting BIS non-set items usually is even harder, because they are even rarer and often not only sought after by your spec. Not even talking about legendaries that are time gated.

Additionally you can easily tell from the amount of players waiting in front of naxx after the ID reset that just like in vanilla the coming BC pretty much brought classic raiding to a halt, so it's unlikely we will see a greater shift in gear anymore.

it depends on what you mean with rare, maybe 10% of the server got it by now.

Full BiS? Probably very rare because of rng. In 20 clears or more we have only seen the sapphiron caster trinket and caster oh once each. Same with the caster legs from thaddius, only 2 of those for 10 casters.

It really depends on class/spec since Classic tiers are very specific.
    Overally i would say it is really common minus very rare items like DFT/Reju/TF due RNG factor.

On my character i think i’m like 4 pieces short of BiS, tho my guild went on break until TBC back in april.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Full BiS? Probably very rare because of rng. In 20 clears or more we have only seen the sapphiron caster trinket and caster oh once each. Same with the caster legs from thaddius, only 2 of those for 10 casters.
    We never saw the feral legs from 4H, but otherwise I think we saw everything at least once, although Kingsfall waited until the last reset before prepatch to rear its head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

i was thinking on Full T3^^, but fully 100% Bis gear maybe 3-5%.

Everyone that's raided naxx for the past several months is.

i assume 100% of the long term players have full bis, be that t3 or w/e.

but there will probably be a enormous player explosion + people rerolling, so i'd be surprised if more than 10% of players on launch was wearing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Until now there were 24 Naxx ID resets, and while T3 tokens are certain drops you still need to be very lucky to have it completed by now
    surely people do split runs to prioritize their mains?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike tang 1991 View Post
    Is basically everyone in full T3 nowadays or is it still rare?
    Depends on the class and the wallet.
    Metaclasses that were into raiding guild or buying gold are close to full Naxx gear (thank you GDKP). The rest got mostly excluded from the raiding scene since the end of AQ40 and the start of p6.

Back in Vanilla i could count on my fingers the number of players having full T3 + TF/MoM/EoI etc. Today i can count on my fingers the number of players playing meta class not having it lol.

My guild cleared all of Naxx on week 2 of its release and up to the last 2 bosses on the first week and the officer core kept pretty amazing records up on the discord. We have exactly 16 of the 44 man roster on 9/9. We also had 9 that were 8/9 (various pieces missing). This wasn't updated the last 3 weeks where keeping the spreadsheet went out the window because the give a fuck turned to TBC (did still raid Naxx though). Now some of these drops came from outside the raid too. We had some recruits come in with pieces for example and some people that missed a raid here or there (holidays in particular) did pugs/gdkps and got pieces (I know one guy that got 3 in a single gdkp for example).

Most the people that do not have "FULL" T3 were by design too which aided those that got a full set and increased the number that didn't. For some classes it made sense to just go for a certain bonus and then use off pieces so that other classes that needed the better bonuses for progression/clearing sake. Good example is we geared a good number of warriors for 4 horse to 4 piece so the taunts wouldn't be missing (as regularly) even though many of them were DPS and if we hadn't done that then we might have completed a few more sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    surely people do split runs to prioritize their mains?
    I always assumed this would be the case for classic, and I am certain some high profile guilds did it even there, but no, it's not a common thing in classic. What for? They already beat the entire content without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I always assumed this would be the case for classic, and I am certain some high profile guilds did it even there, but no, it's not a common thing in classic. What for? They already beat the entire content without it.
    pretty much the only reason i was interested in classic was to get t3. but i guess just like me, that on it's own is not enough to go through the hassle for most.

Not rare by any means, but a huge portion of the players still didn't raid Naxx (me included). It's a huge time sink, you need to spend 1 night a week raiding (for months and months on end), 2 if your guild is shit. But more importantly countless hours of grinding gold and potions. I admit in the end of phase 6 pvp was getting less fun as a BWL geared warrior/rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    it depends on what you mean with rare, maybe 10% of the server got it by now.
    Lol what server are you on? If we are talking mains, and I mean actual players not a grandma or 10 year old kid, I'd say the vast majority are in full, or full as they WANT to be T3. Gressil and MoM are also extremely common sights. Keep in mind I HATE leveling and even I have 7 60s... my main is done so is online for a few gdkps and now pvp till honor cap which I finished. My 2nd char is also full T3 and 3rd char is 4 piece T3 which is what I wanted. Rest of my guys are just in whatever was cheap in a gdkp to be used as taylor/alch chars in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Not rare by any means, but a huge portion of the players still didn't raid Naxx (me included). It's a huge time sink, you need to spend 1 night a week raiding (for months and months on end), 2 if your guild is shit. But more importantly countless hours of grinding gold and potions. I admit in the end of phase 6 pvp was getting less fun as a BWL geared warrior/rogue.
    It was 4 hours for the first 4 weeks then 3 hours and for the last 3 months has been 2 or under. You literally need 1 shadow pot and like 4 frost pots, 2 mongoose/giants for melee and a few mana pots for healers. If that is beyond you WoW might not be the game for you.

I managed to get 8/9 on my war, I didn't get the chest piece but it has the same ilvl as t2.5 and t2.5 for warrior was kinda better in a lot of ways because of the AGI. going full t3 you lose most of the agi you gained from t2.5 it was a little bit weird. t3 is still super chonky though, without buffs i'm looking at 28% avoidance 11k armor. but only 7% hit and about 15-18% crit, while in t2.5 you had closer to 25% crit, which was better for threat. being tanky wasn't as important since there aren't any bosses in the game that can one shot a warrior with a melee swing, maybe only sapphiron.

drops off kel'thuzad were shit we probably had like 10 or so Might of menethils and not a single hungering cold. I got a MoM for offspec that i probably won't use much. or at least for this bc launch I have the option of staying tank and prot or going arms. ended up with the gear to do either.

tanks probably had the biggest consumable demand because we actually needed stacks of faps and lips and stone shield potions.
    each naxx raid I used 1 stack of faps 1-2 lips (aoe trash taunts) and 2 stoneshields for patchwerk. these weren't really negotiable. you can do naxx without faps but there are about 4-5 abomination pulls that aoe stun and so if you don't have faps that mob you're supposed to be tanking will likely stun you and run off and one shot a mage. I could manage to do most of the consumable grind, being a tank gives you some leeway, for example abilties that one shot most ppl won't kill you, like loatheb's shadow curse thing, I don't need shadow protection potions for that, just 1 bandage. never really made enough gold to buy out flasks, I probably bought about less than 10 flask in total and got most of them from our guild bank.

we had a guy in our guild farm up something like over 100 black lotus and he gave up playing after aq40 or at the start of naxx, but he donated all his lotus to the GB. so apparently we never had a lotus problem.

the t3 is common for the guilds that progressed through naxx, this probably was easier because of covid. a lot more ppl had time to raid it seems.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-05-31 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Lol what server are you on? If we are talking mains, and I mean actual players not a grandma or 10 year old kid, I'd say the vast majority are in full, or full as they WANT to be T3. Gressil and MoM are also extremely common sights. Keep in mind I HATE leveling and even I have 7 60s... my main is done so is online for a few gdkps and now pvp till honor cap which I finished. My 2nd char is also full T3 and 3rd char is 4 piece T3 which is what I wanted. Rest of my guys are just in whatever was cheap in a gdkp to be used as taylor/alch chars in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

It was 4 hours for the first 4 weeks then 3 hours and for the last 3 months has been 2 or under. You literally need 1 shadow pot and like 4 frost pots, 2 mongoose/giants for melee and a few mana pots for healers. If that is beyond you WoW might not be the game for you.
    I am on Ashbringer, and i would say none of the KT wpns are common at all........