Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think this could be fun if it was done for flavor and not power and treated more like a class skin than an actual build.

For example, we take a warrior and blend him with a mage and "replace" the keystone abilities for the class with appropriately flavored ones. So when he leaps or charges its just the blink animation that plays. Thunderclap is instead arcane explosion, ect. Ect.

While it would be fun to do an actual power progression, I don't believe it would be handled well by Blizz atm.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    We should be generic no-class until Level 10.
    And then we can put a Spec from ANY class into one of 3 empty Spec slots.
    So you can be Holy Paladin/Arms Warrior/Ele Shaman on 1 character.
    Would we just auto until level 10? No spells until lv10, or strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What is the point of a multi class then? He says it's about switching classes at a trainer if sorts.
    Which means I can switch into another class.

What I mean is that I don't have to redo reputations for example, I don't have to redo story lines, I don't have to redo leveling, etc etc.

So, yeah if all of these gets reset by switching to another class then the idea is indeed no different than having Alts which makes it a useless idea.
    The whole point of such systems is that alt-phobic people don't have to make separate characters and can have everything on their own one precious character. It's pretty hard to believe this mindset survived in wow until 2021, but it indeed did.

As for reps, quests etc, depending on the implementation of the system these could remain done for all your 'classes'. In FF14 that's how it is, but I personally actually found that to be a disadvantage of the system. Leveling is the fastest and most fluid through quests in ff14, which means you can pretty much only do that once, and for the rest of your classes/jobs you are left with repeatable content such as daily dungeons, daily quests, raids etc.

Then again, if we want to just make it easier for alts to skip content we've already done on our mains, this could just be implemented by making this progress account wide in the current system without multi classing. If Blizzard wanted to do that in the first place that is.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.