Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully spamming Dungeons with me. My freshly rolled Warrior is lvl 33 now and is supposed to become the Main. I always play the Underdog. I have been playing Lock in classic.

I used to want maining Feral, but the broken energy reggen deterred me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'm level 10, zero fucks given that I won't be going through the portal for a while, it'll allow the rush to pass.
    Yup my belf is 13 atm. I'm questing and leveling professions. I ain't in no rush

Honestly the only difference between the races is one set you pay money to boost, the other set you pay gold.

Remember you have all of Phase 1 to play catch up while the speeders are gearing alts, being a week or two behind at launch doesn't equate to much in the long run unless you're part of a serious raid team pushing for realm firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Remember you have all of Phase 1 to play catch up while the speeders are gearing alts, being a week or two behind at launch doesn't equate to much in the long run unless you're part of a serious raid team pushing for realm firsts.
    This is obviously true, in the big picture it isnt a big deal. What it boils down to is FEELING left behind. Some would argue that walking through the portal on day 1 is meaningless all these years later, but I also know plenty of people who queued up to buy tickets for the midnight release of Starwars. Why is that a big deal you ask? Well because im talking about the original trilogy, in the early 2000s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is obviously true, in the big picture it isnt a big deal. What it boils down to is FEELING left behind. Some would argue that walking through the portal on day 1 is meaningless all these years later, but I also know plenty of people who queued up to buy tickets for the midnight release of Starwars. Why is that a big deal you ask? Well because im talking about the original trilogy, in the early 2000s.
    Then, those people can walk through the portal on their level 60 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then, those people can walk through the portal on their level 60 characters.
    Who says they have a lvl 60?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

LOL.

People forget that content is gated. P1 is T4 only. You're only behind if you don't have the attunement for BT done and it's not possible till after P1. Take a month to lvl to 70. Take 2. You will still have time to gear up for SSC and TK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    LOL.

People forget that content is gated. P1 is T4 only. You're only behind if you don't have the attunement for BT done and it's not possible till after P1. Take a month to lvl to 70. Take 2. You will still have time to gear up for SSC and TK.
    Just remember - you are talking about a community that gets upset over what mount OTHER PEOPLE choose to ride around on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me lets the rush pass so that by the time I reach outlands I won't have to compete so much with other players to quest. I casually leveled up a belf hunter to 40 and can hit 58 pretty quickly in another week I reckon. That is if I can even log in tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Doesn't bother me lets the rush pass so that by the time I reach outlands I won't have to compete so much with other players to quest. I casually leveled up a belf hunter to 40 and can hit 58 pretty quickly in another week I reckon. That is if I can even log in tomorrow
    Yeah 50-60 used to be around 40-45% of the total leveling time, but in TBC I think it was down around 25-30% (to 58). Someone might correct me on that but im sure that's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Feels like it makes 2 classes of subscriber here.
    i dont understand the problem here. belfs and draenei couldnt use paid boosts. my guild had several paladins 60 a week before tbc launch. its not impossible. if you didnt get at least 58 in time, thats on you.

LOL.

But they'll fall behind on that sweet sweet kara loot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    How long is phase 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i dont understand the problem here. belfs and draenei couldnt use paid boosts. my guild had several paladins 60 a week before tbc launch. its not impossible. if you didnt get at least 58 in time, thats on you.
    Having a job is on the person who didn't get to 58? How does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Most BiS gears are from professions, reputations, arena gears and heroics. Kara/gruul/Mag combined aren't 1/3rd of my BiS list. Take out the tier tokens, and i think it's 3 pieces.

This week, the last week of the prepatch, there was still a silly amount of ZG, MC, BWL and even AQ20 SR runs being held throught public chat recruitment. Plenty of AQ40 and Naxx GDKP were also being held if you know of the Discords to sign up on.

Anyone having trouble coping with a feeling of being "left behind" for entering an MMORPG expac a couple weeks after launch has grave anxiety problems and should seriously think about consulting a mental health expert before things get out of control.

How many hours did your bro put in daily to get to 60. How many people with a career are going to be able to do that.
    Literally nothing different from when TBC originally launched. You want a new race leveled, you gotta put in the hours. No one is any special because "now they have a career and a family and can't put the time in anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    The problem this time around is that there is tons of BE / Draenei who mage boosted to 60. I even saw i paladin Draenei on Pyrewood EU last week with close to full naxx gear, Sulfuras and quite a bit of T3. Disgusting.

I feel bad for BE/Draenei who played the game the way it should and won't find a raid spot because of dudes who AFKed at the entrance of dungeons for day paying gold / RMT got there first. I am happy i took the decision to not level a Draenei shaman after all (i am anti-boosting. Mage ones even more than Blizz ones).
    whats disgusting?and how are you anti boosting?its just an ingame service that players provide,why do you hate freedom and democracy?!

also all that t3 will really do is speed up lvling a bit,none of it is gonna matter a few weeks in to 70

also to OP...you do realise that more people will start playing tbc in the future as well?being a few days or weeks late is fine,means more loot for them when kara is on farm

- - - Updated - - -

Having a job is on the person who didn't get to 58? How does that make sense?
    having a job as you say also means its irelevant if you are there on launch,if you didnt have the time to get to 58 in 2 weeks because of your job,you will always be behind those who can put in more time,just take it easy,have fun,and take it at your own pace,you and they will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Most BiS gears are from professions, reputations, arena gears and heroics. Kara/gruul/Mag combined aren't 1/3rd of my BiS list. Take out the tier tokens, and i think it's 3 pieces.

This week, the last week of the prepatch, there was still a silly amount of ZG, MC, BWL and even AQ20 SR runs being held throught public chat recruitment. Plenty of AQ40 and Naxx GDKP were also being held if you know of the Discords to sign up on.

Anyone having trouble coping with a feeling of being "left behind" for entering an MMORPG expac a couple weeks after launch has grave anxiety problems and should seriously think about consulting a mental health expert before things get out of control.
    That was sarcasm, bub. Everyone knows kara loot is lackluster
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What are you talking about? Kara loot is how you gear up for SSC and TK if you didn't get the mount. It is also the way you gear up for SSC and TK if you did buy the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

What are you talking about? Kara loot is how you gear up for SSC and TK if you didn't get the mount. It is also the way you gear up for SSC and TK if you did buy the mount.
    Not if you're playing seriously enough to worry about capping a week or two later than other people. I obviously don't know every class BiS list, but here's an example: https://tbc.wowhead.com/guides/marks...de-classic-wow