Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well, just like it wouldn't be a big deal if I did get 2 more weeks, would it?

Either way, not saying it's a big deal or not, just that OP is wrong when he says "2 weeks of pre-patch was enough", at least for me and everyone I know that has been leveling new characters in the pre-patch.
    I would agree. Not a big deal to me either way. Those not playing new blood elves are probably happy the XPac is coming sooner. Those who didn't finish leveling their belfs were probably hoping eveyone else could wait longer for them to catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Facefive View Post
    Nowhere did I mention that everyone can do it. All I said was that I managed to do it because I was willing to invest time. I actually think that 2 weeks are nowhere enough to 60 from scratch if you are employed and even more so if you have family, too. In fact it took my main about 7 days /played to reach level 60 when classic hit.
    Than I guess I don't understand the point of saying, "anyone can do it if they play the amount of time that is required to do the thing". That's like saying "the sky is blue". I don't think anyone is saying you can't do it if you play enough time to do it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Ya I am going to just call bullshit. The people I saw who lvled a 60 either bought boosts or completely no-life'ed it or both. The ones that lvled to 60 that got gear (HWL, Naxx, etc) 100% bought boosts and if they say they didnt they are f'ing lying. All of the people I know that casually played and did quests are around the lvl 40 to low 50 range.

2 weeks was not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Ya I am going to just call bullshit. The people I saw who lvled a 60 either bought boosts or completely no-life'ed it or both. The ones that lvled to 60s that got gear (HWL, Naxx, etc) 100% bought boosts and if they say they didnt they are f'ing lying. All of the people I know that casually played and did quests are around the lvl 40 range.

2 weeks was not enough.
    Quit playing if this is making you upset. The game is 15 years old now, move on.

I no lifed it on a fresh server and am 55

this was while -trying- to keep my JC and Mining up

that said, I'm burned already, that 2 week bum rush into an immediate release and bumrush for gear was a horrible blizzard idea

Running around mining while working can only get you so far and messes with ure /played

Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Quit playing if this is making you upset. The game is 15 years old now, move on.
    Thank you for contributing nothing and completely missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    He leveled a character AND got full R13/14 gear.

In any case, show me your... let's say 40 casual hours played unboosted(dungeon boosting counts as boosting) character at 52
    i was just talking about leveling 2 weeks is more than enough to get to 58,i work(granted its not a 9 to 5 kinda job),i have social responsibilities,but i can still find 3-4 hours to play at the end of the day,people who can play 10+ hours,ofc they will get full r14 gear also

but the main issue is here,if you are sooooooo busy you can only afford 2 hours a week (lol)....WHY ARE YOU IN ANY RUSH?! it literaly is pointless for that person if such a person even exists,to be there at outlands release

What's stopping you from just playing your Classic main?
    Why would you choose to reroll if you don't have enough time to level and maintain the character?
    1-58 is 4 days played. If you couldn't fit that in a 2 week span then I can't understand why you are in a rush to get to Hellfire.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I no lifed it on a fresh server and am 55

this was while -trying- to keep my JC and Mining up

that said, I'm burned already, that 2 week bum rush into an immediate release and bumrush for gear was a horrible blizzard idea

Running around mining while working can only get you so far and messes with ure /played
    ^This

Have a couple friends that powered through to 60 and now they are talking about talking a break for a couple weeks. I myself dont want to do another bg for a while cuz the honor nerf was f'ing horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    ^This

Have a couple friends that powered through to 60 and now they are talking about talking a break for a couple weeks. I myself dont want to do another bg for a while cuz the honor nerf was f'ing horrible.
    Sounds like player error to me.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i was just talking about leveling 2 weeks is more than enough to get to 58,i work(granted its not a 9 to 5 kinda job),i have social responsibilities,but i can still find 3-4 hours to play at the end of the day,people who can play 10+ hours,ofc they will get full r14 gear also

but the main issue is here,if you are sooooooo busy you can only afford 2 hours a week (lol)....WHY ARE YOU IN ANY RUSH?! it literaly is pointless for that person if such a person even exists,to be there at outlands release
    To get a character to 60 and full R14 gear you need to be playing 10+ hours a day. You have to be living just for gaming, hence my initial comment.

I'm not affected by this since I'm not leveling a character but the point is that a 4 weeks pre-patch would have been a better transition. Coming here and saying that "2 weeks is plenty of time you nOoOBzs" while playing like a South Park character is disingenuous and honestly a bit sad.

P.D. By the way, 3-4 hours a day for 13 days is still pretty fast for leveling, if not buying boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    That's one philosophy. Another is that players with better skill should have nicer things. Honestly they tend to go hand in hand from what I've experienced, but whatever I guess.
    MMOs have never until like WoW Legion been particularly skill intensive games, even at the highest levels.

Compared to other game genres that is, MMOs are really casual in mechanical requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    MMOs have never until like WoW Legion been particularly skill intensive games, even at the highest levels.

Compared to other game genres that is, MMOs are really casual in mechanical requirements.
    most arpgs are the same way, its a knowledge requirement mostly.

I do give props to top arena players tho

I started a Shaman on the day after the pre-patch (since the first day was completely shot), and I managed to get to 60 about 4 days from release. I have 4 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes played, and was using an outdated Allyroute addon to railroad my way. Didn't buy a single boost run (did accept one run from a bored level 60 to clear my stockade quest log, ty).

So eh, results vary from people but it's completely doable.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Anyone not 60 when the portal is opened shall be killed irl.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Speed-levelling is a different concept altogether. I could have spent my time in ZF boosts through my mage and then in turn spend the gold for my Paladin's boost but that is not the point. Heck 18-30 boost is a significant one considering you basically skip the part where travel distances become significantly more compared to how it was compared to it is in compact starter regions (AzMI-BlMI or EW-GL) straight to getting your mount. For example doing the final part of embalmer-chain and running around for Duskwood foot of missing diplomat within the same Duskwood which would have been a chore became a cakewalk the moment after I got riding, the zone felt significantly smaller and I say this as someone who pritoritized getting Pursuit of Justice before anything else while having level-appropriate gear and weapon echants through BS.
    I wouldn't say I speed levelled. I just minimised my downtime as much as possible. I did a fair amount of grinding, though, to skip certain parts. Also I was wrong, I boosted 22-28, not 18-30. On my druid I did Mulgore then got a friend to port me to the belf area, to do Ghostlands to 22. Boosted to 28, then did Stonetalon, Thousand Needles, and Hillsbrad to like 34-35 or so (including a few grey quests, to open up other chains). Then I just continued as per the normal horde route.

Man, i remember exactly how many level 60 Blood Elves and Draeneis we had back when TBC launched in 2007!

EXACTLY ZERO...

People that chose to reroll to make a Belf Paladin or Shaman Draenei (or any other class) had exactly 0 days in advance, and had to start from zero on launch day, when everybody was hitting HFP on their mains, and still we had them in our Kara runs and Gruul later on.

But is 2021 and people will now complain even if they getting more conveniences then back in the day.

Instead of complaining, just play your toon at your own pace and have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Wasn't enough for me, still level 30 something. Not enough for multiple friends that have been playing almost all of their free time and are still around 40 something.

But if you're not even 60 when the portal opens then the difference will be even greater.
    I just hit 22 last night lol.

I don't think 2 weeks was designed to get people to 60. I think it was designed to make boosting look a lot more tempting. Sure, people that went Blood Elf or Spacegoat didn't get to use that opportunity but in the past they got zero days. They got a 2 week head start from what they got in TBC. For everyone else it was.. hey.. in the shop we got like.. this boost thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Friends and I bumrushed three shamans to 60 in the first week, then spent the other farming gear from dungeons and did a MC, BWL and a few Ony runs and a ZG for shits and giggles. Nolifed it, sure, but eh, was fun.
    I was able to casually do a few DM runs, couple Strath UDs, a strath live, a couple UBRS, a full BRD, ZG, an AQ20, all on a boosted character in the last week. On top of just wanking around.

I slacked on finding a MC/BWL run despite getting the attunements but whatever. I'd imagine if you put your back into it, you could very easily get a sham to 60 within a week, and then do the things I did. I'm very satisfied with what I was able to accomplish before TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    What's stopping you from just playing your Classic main?
    Why would you choose to reroll if you don't have enough time to level and maintain the character?
    1-58 is 4 days played. If you couldn't fit that in a 2 week span then I can't understand why you are in a rush to get to Hellfire.
    It's just nonsensical whining. Blizz could've given a week or two more for a good head start, but c'mon. They're not going to miss out on anything having to level from 1-70. They're acting like the entirety of TBC is going to disappear by the time they hit max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Level 48.3 right now. With non work from homecouch job it wasn't enough, just as I figured. With miracle I might reach 50 before launch, but not likely.

So, turns out it was enough for vanilla gold farmers who pay for boosts, or NEETS.
    How come you didn't pay for boosts yourself Lina?