Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    I canned my sub back in Jan when it seemed it be a few months... But we in June and no date I see? ... Now to spend that 60 on whores
    im not sure if thats enough for single whore, let alone for more
    but i guess it depends where you live

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.
    currently with catchups you can get to renown 40 in less than a week with no issues, if you want to nolife it its one weekend and you are done... if you cant be bothered to do that you dont need flying anyway as you dont play the goddamn game...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-03 at 09:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.
    You can get to 40 from just doing heroic dungons and bg’s over the weekend it really takes next to no time at all if your just playing the game.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    The catch up system is rather good. And this is nothing of a grind at all. I could catch up on my Paladin within the next 2 weeks by just logging into it once a day and call it that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I love the link to your armory. ilv 150 and renown 3. Look at me guys, I give no fucks.

[/url]
    I leave that there for moments like these and now I get to screenshot it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...nether/sanstos

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...hrall/benedict

Today is a good day, got another catch.

Anyways back to reality, it doesn't matter what you THINK people should do, because nobody lives by your made up rules.

Thats it thats where your argument ends. Nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You should be progressed to 40 reknown by now.
    Oh i didn't know you had everyone's daily lives, schedules, emergencies, etc. Care to tell me how far I SHOULD BE progressed by your own imaginary made up standard?

Really not hyped, since the SL zones are just so disconnected that you can't fly between them at your own volition. Getting flying in Legion and BfA, yes, even in WoD, felt like being set free from the shackles.

For SL it feels like faster travel but you're still bound completely to flightpaths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post

Anyways back to reality, it doesn't matter what you THINK people should do, because nobody lives by your made up rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i didn't know you had everyone's daily lives, schedules, emergencies, etc. Care to tell me how far I SHOULD BE progressed by your own imaginary made up standard?
    So basically, you got to 216 ilvl, meaning you've been playing the game somewhat, but you're not renown 40 because of your own incompetence?

7+ Year Old Account
    Care to tell me how far I SHOULD BE progressed by your own imaginary made up standard?
    You should have 40 renown by now. If you don't then that means you don't want to be at 40.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to not be renown 40. It doesn't matter you life, schedule, or emergencies. We are months past when 40 was first available and the catch up mechanics are there if you choose to do it. You are clearly choosing not to do the stuff or bought carries to get the carry, mythic +15, and Heroic raid clears. Even then patch 9.1 adds more catch up mechanics for renown and campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Really not hyped, since the SL zones are just so disconnected that you can't fly between them at your own volition. Getting flying in Legion and BfA, yes, even in WoD, felt like being set free from the shackles. For SL it feels like faster travel but you're still bound completely to flightpaths.
    Can't you glide for Oribos to any zone including the maw? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to fly unless Blizzard specifically blocks it or change the glide trick.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Renown fucking 40?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Holy shit, are they TRYING to make Shadowlands absolute fucking garbage in every way they can?
    The only way you aren't renown 40 yet, is if you aren't playing the game at all, the catch-up mechanic is so generous it basicly throws renown at you, and the weekly quests for renown takes less than an hour to do.

I took a fresh 60 and got them to 36 within two weeks just by casually doing campaign quests, LFR twice, and a small handful of WQs and Maw content. Didn't even play every day, let alone more than an hour or two at a time.

If you don't have the time, get over it. You'll get there eventually.

I miss the days, when you DING'd max level, you went to the flight trainer NPC and purchased flying. So it should have been available in Shittylands once you hit 60, and it costs $5,000 gold like the good old days.

The Pathfinder crap was so tedious and just ridiculous, was a major turn off for me. I still never got flight for BfA, and I had like 8 level 120 characters then, all geared in Heroic Raid gear, but just couldn't get myself to finish off the final stupid little quests or things needed to complete Pathfinder. All I did in BfA was Raid and M+, didn't do any of the other crap.

Flight in Shittylands won't be as helpful, with the dumb design idea of each zone being it's separate island unto itself, which you can't fly between, you always need to fly to Oribos first, then it takes you to the other zone. Ugh.

When does 10.0 come out? So we can start to forget about Shittylands and put behind us. And hopefully a new WoW game director, and Ion gets moved to a new role nothing to do with WoW, and no new "systems" in the next expansion.

But back to my point, flight in Shittylands won't be as useful, mainly because of the stupid fucking idea of each zone being it's own separate island. I'd also love the Flight Whistle to see a comeback.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-06-03 at 10:28 PM.

I'm really looking forward to flying. Can we use mounts in the Maw too? Travel has been very annoying this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    This consumable item allows all characters on your account to purchase the Riding Skill needed to fly within the four main Shadowlands zones!
    This line is why I asked earlier if anyone knew the cost.
    It says it allows all characters to purchase the riding skill

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pons View Post
    I'm really looking forward to flying. Can we use mounts in the Maw too? Travel has been very annoying this expansion.
    All ground mounts should be usable in the maw. You won't be able to fly and I'm not sure if you have to do unlock stuff first. But ground mounts will help for those who didn't want to twisting corridors or the grind for the maw mount.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account

Decided to take a look at your char a little further. Item level 216, renown 23, Heroic CN cleared and (what I wasn't expecting) Keystone Master.

I mean, for someone claiming they have little time to play (this is what I'm getting about you complaining about renown), the last 2 things seem quite odd...

59 to 44 renown nerf. Kek so sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I told you. 40 reknown. That is where you should be progressed to by now. Starting from level 50 to 40 reknown should take about 65 hours. Max. 50 to level to 60 and finish the campaign. 15 hours to do 13 heroic dungeons. Over 30 weeks that is about 0.02 percent of your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Decided to take a look at your char a little further. Item level 216, renown 23, Heroic CN cleared and (what I wasn't expecting) Keystone Master.

I mean, for someone claiming they have little time to play (this is what I'm getting about you complaining about renown), the last 2 things seem quite odd...
    Tbf getting boost for ksm doesn’t take that long. Check their key history on rio.

I'll bite.
    Your armory DH and paladin Benedict appear to be on the same account, same server and same guild. However neither one is very well progressed, having only 3 keys done for the entire expac, one of them being purchased for the DH and no raid progress to speak of, nor pvp. No judgement, just observed criteria.
    The character Sanstos is on a different EU account. That character has KSM, no keys above 15 and no raid progress, their last key was a month ago, probably quit because this patch sucks.

If we, myself and other dear readers were to presume you linked a random KSM whom was below renown 40 to prove a point, you're mistaken. Renown past unlocking the last conduit node is not needed for power gains. I myself raid logged for 3 months and still got renown 40 without trying as once I got Niya's Burrs, renown means fuck all to me.

Given that you only got AotC last month just screams "I didn't bother to play SL and I'm annoyed I have to earn the basic things everyone else did because I may or may not have had IRL issues."
    IRL issues are fine, just be honest and say "Man, I didn't get to play SL. I would have liked a path finder style achievement, grinding renown since coming back has been annoying."
    Instead we have, this. Well played.
    So yeah, if you can clear Heroic Castle Nathria twice and you're a MoP challenge mode title holder, I thought you'd have your own made up standards.

If by now you're still not at 40 renown, the flying requirements shouldn't bother you since you barely play the game. Like... you just had to do the bare minimum, not even every week, but probably every two weeks. If you're not logging in once every two weeks, what do you need flying (in Shadowlands) for? And if you're logging in, what are you doing that you're not 40 renown yet? Practically every activity gives renown.

Like, I'm serious. How can you not be at 40 renown over 6 months into the expansion, but somehow need the flying?

EDIT: Let me reiterate. The catch up mechanism works in such a way that it passively rewards you for just doing the content of Shadowlands. You must go super out of your way to not be caught up by now, like idk not looting bosses / chests or not handing in Callings, not doing world bosses. I ask again - what do you need flying for? Flying makes all of the things that award renown easier - but since you're not maxed out yet, it means you aren't doing these things, meaning it doesn't matter if you have flying.

Like, what is this non issue.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2021-06-03 at 10:46 PM.