Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why do you think he didn't rather than us simply not being informed of it? Malfurion had better things to do than tell us Hamuul sent him a letter, and Hamuul didn't do much publically in BfA.
    ..on the flip side with those tensions how would he get said letter over. I don't think mail works for NPCs like it does for us and any courier whether in flight form or grounded would likely be killed on sight

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    why is everyone just suddenly ok with the burning of teldrassil?
    What are they supposed to do about it? It's done, the Night Elves are trying to recover. No ones "ok" with it, but the main characters arent going to sit around moaning about it for 3 expansions.

why did none of the kyrain stop and question why all the souls are going to the maw?
    Most of them dont actually know. When you take Kleia to Oribos she is shocked to discover souls pouring into the Maw. It's also not their job to care about where the souls go, just to bring them to the Shadowlands.

why did we leave the tidestone of golganeth in the tomb to let azshara yank it?
    Magni literally tells us why. The Relics remained in the Tomb to keep it sealed.

why do the covenants work together and yet we can only help one?
    yeah cause "hi! i'm the maw walker. give me all of your powers" is a much better way to play the expansion. We aren't just "helping one" all of the covenants are being strengthened by champions from Azeroth.

why did sylvanas give her game away when saurfang taunted her when she didn't to any other taunt over the 10ish years (i think it was around 10 years) that sylvanas was part of this plan?
    Cause the charade was no longer needed by then. She went right from that fight to Bol'var and opened the rift.

why didn't elisande see the future where the alliance and horde work together to beat the burning legion?
    Because she didn't look at the future of the Legion, she only looked at every possible outcome of the Nightborne trying to resist the attack.

quick spoiler warning for this next one but why is tyrande going to lose most of her night warrior power in 9.1 when the only things she's done with it are lose to nathanos and then beat nathanos?
    And wipe out hundreds of soldiers in the Maw, and beat Belmont and his forces, and killed a Val'kyr, and helped take back Darkshore. She also killed the Mawsworn who came for her, thanks to the Night Warrior, that captured the other leaders. She is being stripped of some of it's power because it's going to kill her like it did the other Night Warriors in the Shadowlands.

blizz just don't care anymore.
    It's less them caring, and more you dont read or pay attention to stuff then bitch about it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    What are they supposed to do about it? It's done, the Night Elves are trying to recover. No ones "ok" with it, but the main characters arent going to sit around moaning about it for 3 expansions.
    It is referred to in the BFA itself.
    And what are they supposed to do? What all the leaders of the Horde did in Tasting as Minimo.
    BFA with Teldrazzil completely destroyed the Horde.

Same reason why Sylvanas didn't send a messenger to Anduin after the Broken Shore. Because Blizzard doesn't care about writing a coherent story. Also, because Blizzard probably forgot Hamuul even existed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

Most of them dont actually know. When you take Kleia to Oribos she is shocked to discover souls pouring into the Maw. It's also not their job to care about where the souls go, just to bring them to the Shadowlands.

Magni literally tells us why. The Relics remained in the Tomb to keep it sealed.

yeah cause "hi! i'm the maw walker. give me all of your powers" is a much better way to play the expansion. We aren't just "helping one" all of the covenants are being strengthened by champions from Azeroth.

Cause the charade was no longer needed by then. She went right from that fight to Bol'var and opened the rift.

Because she didn't look at the future of the Legion, she only looked at every possible outcome of the Nightborne trying to resist the attack.

And wipe out hundreds of soldiers in the Maw, and beat Belmont and his forces, and killed a Val'kyr, and helped take back Darkshore. She also killed the Mawsworn who came for her, thanks to the Night Warrior, that captured the other leaders. She is being stripped of some of it's power because it's going to kill her like it did the other Night Warriors in the Shadowlands.

It's less them caring, and more you dont read or pay attention to stuff then bitch about it.
    We beat thousands of mobs in Maw everyday. Thats not a feat. We are gonna kill 3 valkyr in SoD, thats again not a feat. Just accept that they showed her powers to be completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    We beat thousands of mobs in Maw everyday. Thats not a feat. We are gonna kill 3 valkyr in SoD, thats again not a feat. Just accept that they showed her powers to be completely useless.
    Player power and continunity are barely canon and mostly a gameplay thing otherwise the easiest way we could of dealt with Arthas is capture a dinosaur from Zuldazar and let it loose in Icecrown
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2021-05-30 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Same reason why Sylvanas didn't send a messenger to Anduin after the Broken Shore. Because Blizzard doesn't care about writing a coherent story. Also, because Blizzard probably forgot Hamuul even existed.
    this, Danuser and his writing team probably don't know who Hamuul is. Much the same way how they have no idea about any other Forsaken characters cept Voss and pushing Danuser's pet Calia

And ya, don't expect logic and good writing for this team, they'll probably just try and retcon Teldrassil as that's their usual move (which they already kinda have done, what with removing Teldrassil from the new player BFA experience and references to it)

Short answer is he wasn't part of that story. People here tend to forget every one of these characters is fictional, there's thousands of them, and to make for a good, focused story we need to hone in on just a handful of recognizable characters and how they react to it. (It also helps keep down the number of models to graphically update for use in cutscenes). The Burning of Teldrassil was about Tyrande, Malfurion, Delaryn Summermoon, Sylvanas, Nathanos, Saurfang, and The Player, off the top of my head.

Anyone who is not in the focal point of the story simply doesn't have a reaction written, that's what headcanon is for. It doesn't mean they don't care. They are fictional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Teldrassil was only like 30 years old and was widely regarded as a Night Elf fuckup and a symbol of their hubris, I can see Horde Druids being totally ambivalent to it's destruction, even participating in it.
    That was fixed many years ago.

Also kinda glossing over the civilians and children that burned to death in the city. Nobody that isn't a clinical psychopath would support that.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    That was fixed many years ago.

Also kinda glossing over the civilians and children that burned to death in the city. Nobody that isn't a clinical psychopath would support that.
    Go search for Hordies in this very forum insisting it was justified as a military target around the time BfA released. I leave you to draw the obvious conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Go search for Hordies in this very forum insisting it was justified as a military target around the time BfA released. I leave you to draw the obvious conclusion.
    ...yeah using this forum to justify an argument about whether people are psychopaths won't get you far...seem a few people here admit to being honest to god sociopaths

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...yeah using this forum to justify an argument about whether people are psychopaths won't get you far...seem a few people here admit to being honest to god sociopaths
    Hordies here have justified pinning Brennadam farmers to walls with spears in front of their children, based on "farmers feed the enemy". Sure sounds well adjusted, right?
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Because blizzard didn’t think the burning through at all and just ignored how every one else on Azeroth should have reacted because if they didn’t the war would have ended day one with every wild god in the area smashing orb to dust.
    Or the space goat starship nuking every horde city from orbit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there was a part in the book where they sent the tauren druids to silithus to "heal".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Because nobody asked dANUSer that in an interview. Yunno, the only time where lore happens

Now I am thinking.
    In truth, the carte is not a huge mistake by Lore. Why Teldrazzil should be the BFA main event. It's the biggest event WoW had in a long time and yet they still try to ignore it.

So the expansion should be about the war and Teldrazzil not about the other two empires (or better still not have war and that is against Azhara). So we should know the opinions of everything on the subject. More than anything from the entire Horde if they want to sell us that the Horde is still honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Now I am thinking.
    In truth, the carte is not a huge mistake by Lore. Why Teldrazzil should be the BFA main event. It's the biggest event WoW had in a long time and yet they still try to ignore it.

So the expansion should be about the war and Teldrazzil not about the other two empires (or better still not have war and that is against Azhara). So we should know the opinions of everything on the subject. More than anything from the entire Horde if they want to sell us that the Horde is still honorable.
    Just like the Battle for Undercity, Teldrassil made the Horde look bad, so it will be removed from the playable experience if it hasn't already (dropped retail in disgust when classic came out). Remember, when Teldrassil finally released, EVERYTHING around the event focused on the Horde, especially developers rushing to assure Horde players everything would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Because nobody asked dANUSer that in an interview. Yunno, the only time where lore happens
    Yes, like his famous "Characters are like ropes, maaaaaan. *inhales from bong, gazes adoringly at Sylvanas body pillow*"

Just like the Battle for Undercity, Teldrassil made the Horde look bad, so it will be removed from the playable experience if it hasn't already (dropped retail in disgust when classic came out). Remember, when Teldrassil finally released, EVERYTHING around the event focused on the Horde, especially developers rushing to assure Horde players everything would be fine.
    It was good that everything was focused on the Horde because we all assumed that the Alliance was going to take revenge.
    That we were going to destroy guts and make them pay. That Jaina was going to attack the Horde. The surprise is that in the end the alliance does not take revenge. Jaina and Anduin actively let the Horde torture the Kaldorei and turn them into monsters and use mind control on them.

The real problem is that they are unable to do any useful Damage Control.
    If they made a sound that has a forest theme ... but that does not help to solve the problems of BFA, because it is not a forest of Azeroth and it is not the other life of Elune. It only serves to make Horde Players feel overwhelmed by the Kaldorei theme.

So in the best of cases we are going to have to have another sound of magic forest to see if they correct the subject well.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It was good that everything was focused on the Horde because we all assumed that the Alliance was going to take revenge. That we were going to destroy guts and make them pay. That Jaina was going to attack the Horde. The surprise is that in the end the alliance does not take revenge.
    The only way you could assume that is being new to the franchise. Ever since WC3, the message has been "If you fight back, you're just as bad. Forgive genocidal massacres."

Jaina and Anduin actively let the Horde torture the Kaldorei and turn them into monsters and use mind control on them.
    Both are held up as paragons of virtue by writers with an obvious agenda. Both equate selfish good feelings with morality. Both are hypocrites that sacrifice their own people and allies for a peace that cannot happen, if only because it doesn't sell tshirts.

The only way you could assume that is being new to the franchise. Ever since WC3, the message has been "If you fight back, you're just as bad. Forgive genocidal massacres."

Both are held up as paragons of virtue by writers with an obvious agenda. Both equate selfish good feelings with morality. Both are hypocrites that sacrifice their own people and allies for a peace that cannot happen, if only because it doesn't sell tshirts.
    Well the advertisements managed to fool the community that they were going to see revenge.
    Now that it is confirmed that there is no blizzard he has to be throwing a bone every so often and every time he fails to throw another bone.

BFA for me and I think for a lot it was the point where Blizzard lore is no longer trusted. before they still had the advantage of doubt.