Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Money likes to stand together.
    It is "standing together"...it's part of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (And no, I didn't make that up...this is a real thing). Even though they are lending Spider-Man out to the MCU...Sony still holds the film rights for characters primarily associated with Spider-Man.

By the time this movie is released it will be 4th movie in this Cinematic Universe. They are also working on a TV series featuring Silk ( A female Spider-Man), and a limited Series starring Silver Sable and The Black Cat.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-05-31 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It is "standing together"...it's part of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (And no, I didn't make that up...this is a real thing). Even though they are lending Spider-Man out to the MCU...Sony still holds the film rights for characters primarily associated with Spider-Man.

By the time this movie is released it will be 4th movie in this Cinematic Universe. They are also working on a TV series featuring Silk ( A female Spider-Man), and a limited Series starring Silver Sable and The Black Cat.
    Then its not a standalone, make your mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Then its not a standalone, make your mind up.
    I never said it was standalone. You did.

I never said it was standalone. You did.
    I didn't say it was stand alone the title did, I was exclaiming suprise at that, you took it upon yourself to to explain D:

Tell that to Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan.

It's important to note that the characters in Sony's "Spider-Man" Universe are not actually part of the MCU...even though Spider-Man himself is.
    Fantastic 4 aren’t in anyway considered a MCU tie in at all though. Since the “Sony CU” is appearing to tie into the MCU, loosely but still trying, it should t have been done this way. I love the guy and I’m sure he will be great at it but for continuity it just doesn’t work. Unless he has some serious prosthetic piece put on should he ever meet Wanda she can’t say “you look like my dead brother”

I get what you’re saying but those early movies aren’t considered in the cinematic universe that’s being built up now. They are like saying the DC Batman movies are all connected when they are all stand alone

Eh he looks too young imo I did like him as quicksilver though. Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Fantastic 4 aren’t in anyway considered a MCU tie in at all though. Since the “Sony CU” is appearing to tie into the MCU, loosely but still trying, it should t have been done this way. I love the guy and I’m sure he will be great at it but for continuity it just doesn’t work. Unless he has some serious prosthetic piece put on should he ever meet Wanda she can’t say “you look like my dead brother”
    Don't know where you got the idea that the Sony CU was tied into the MCU. The deal they made with Disney only covers Spider-Man. All these other projects are separate.

I think this'll work great if he's channeling Douglas from Outlaw King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Aaron is actually buff. Not as big as Hardy, for sure, but he could definitely get bigger for the role, as we’ve seen in Avengers and Kickass 2.

Recent pic of him

With a beard, he looks pretty grizzly, imo
    Check him out in Outlaw King

Also excuse the source, just grabbed it from google images.

i kinda feel like jeffrey dean morgan could fit the bill,hes that rare kinda actor that can pull off funny guy and serious

One of the most uninteresting villains ever for Spiderman... meh.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-06-09 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    One of the most uninteresting villains ever for Spiderman... meh.
    Obviously you've never read Kraven's Last Hunt.

Oh yeah, he looks just fine.
    I think this is the same issue we had with like, Robert Pattinson being cast as Batman, and everyone being like "lol the guy from Twilight?", as if they haven't changed much as actors in all those years, since they were like, kids.

cant wait for them to run out of side characters and start making 'spidermans cousin 2'

I don't get what sony is trying to do. Venom was a character that drove itself to be somewhat of a success.... but more standalones? On characters people who have never read the comic will never know? This is doomed to fail.... same like morbius. Monsterverse all over again.

Don't know where you got the idea that the Sony CU was tied into the MCU. The deal they made with Disney only covers Spider-Man. All these other projects are separate.
    You haven’t seen the morbius trailer with Michael Keaton who was vulture in MCU Spider-Man? How that’s not a tie in is beyond me. The next Spider-Man has Jamie Fox Electro and also OG Doc Ock. Granted this will prob be multiverse but still the tie ins are there man. It’s only a matter of time.

You haven’t seen the morbius trailer with Michael Keaton who was vulture in MCU Spider-Man? How that’s not a tie in is beyond me. The next Spider-Man has Jamie Fox Electro and also OG Doc Ock. Granted this will prob be multiverse but still the tie ins are there man. It’s only a matter of time.
    The Previous Spider-Man movies are no longer part of Sony's Canon...so Electro and Ock showing up in the next Spider-Man movie doesn't mean that the current Sony Universe ties in with Marvel (they weren't even in the same canon). As for Toomes, well, that is something...but, as you say, that could just be a multiverse thing....which would mean it isn't set directly in the MCU. After all, there was an entire Venom movie without a single reference to Spider-Man or anything else in the MCU.

The Previous Spider-Man movies are no longer part of Sony's Canon...so Electro and Ock showing up in the next Spider-Man movie doesn't mean that the current Sony Universe ties in with Marvel (they weren't even in the same canon). As for Toomes, well, that is something...but, as you say, that could just be a multiverse thing....which would mean it isn't set directly in the MCU. After all, there was an entire Venom movie without a single reference to Spider-Man or anything else in the MCU.
    Apparently there is a poster of Spider-Man in morbius as well which has spray painted “murderer” potentially referencing his “killing” of Mysterio which is also interesting.

I also read today that there are plans of a Spider-Man departure and to bring him into a spiderverse solely owned by Sony. They have rights to over 600 characters from their Spider-Man deal. I just wish they would bloody give us more info haha

Apparently there is a poster of Spider-Man in morbius as well which has spray painted “murderer” potentially referencing his “killing” of Mysterio which is also interesting.
    Yeah, the poster in the trailer is not of Tom Holland's Spider-Man though...it's Tobey Maguire's:

I also read today that there are plans of a Spider-Man departure and to bring him into a spiderverse solely owned by Sony. They have rights to over 600 characters from their Spider-Man deal. I just wish they would bloody give us more info haha
    Sony was going to yank Spider-Man from the MCU after Far from Home...but they eventually reached a settlement with Disney.

He isn’t a good actor, thou.
    Yeah cause acting ability is very important in the MCU

I mean, yeah, I’d say so.
    There's like 20 minutes of good acting in the entire MCU