Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don’t expect to own things when you stream, while it is like renting, it is also more a “on demand”, you get to watch what you want to watch, without the need to suddenly
    to grab a copy of this film.

The price of a DVD is more than the price of 1 month of Netflix, how are they going to offer you a copy? Treat this more like “home
    cinema”, you don’t get to keep anything from cinema, you watch it there and that’s it, except this time you get to watch it at home, as many time as you want as long as you subscript to Netflix.

But to each their own, if it works out for you then that is all good. With the amount I want, I dread how much it would have cost if I have to buy the film for every film I watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You don’t expect to own things when you stream, while it is like renting, it is also more a “on demand”, you get to watch what you want to watch, without the need to suddenly
    to grab a copy of this film.

The price of a DVD is more than the price of 1 month of Netflix, how are they going to offer you a copy? Treat this more like “home
    cinema”, you don’t get to keep anything from cinema, you watch it there and that’s it, except this time you get to watch it at home, as many time as you want as long as you subscript to Netflix.

But to each their own, if it works out for you then that is all good. With the amount I want, I dread how much it would have cost if I have to buy the film for every film I watch.
    The diference is that you buy a DVD once in a whille, and you can rewatch it as many times you wish, and you don't need to pay more for it. But if you unsub to netflix, then you won't be hable to rewatch it. Also, Netflix produces their own movies, they normally don't have the ones that come on theatres, or the blockbusters... Want to watch Star Wars, you'd better be on Disney...

With the DVD's, everyone chooses the content, with streaming you limited to the content they have... And you might not enjoy it.

I only buy what i want to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netflix has ton on blockbusters.

But yeah Star Wars, Disney and such are on Disney+, which is why I hate everyone setting up their own streaming service.

With buying DVD, you can watch the same film as many time as you would like, on Netflix I can watch a different film every night, or anime I can watch a good 3-4 episodes a night, that works out much cheaper for me than buying them.

I am not the type thT rewatch anyway, I rather watch something that I haven’t watched before, so again streaming works better for me.

Yeah I don’t own it, but I don’t need to if I only plN to watch it once.

Wow you hate streaming that much?

I like Streaming, it is easy, it opens up a lot of choices. While you don’t own the product, buying the product often would cost way more.

Example is Crunchyroll cost about £7 a month, let’s say I watch it for a year (£74). The amount of anime I have watched on there cost WAY more than £74 if I buy them all. So for me streaming is a no brainer.

The thing that annoy me is now everyone try to set up streaming service so all the licenses went to all different playform, there is no “one platform you can watch everything on” anymore.
    Go buy any Blu-ray movie and the price of a single movie is at least the cost 75% of the cheapest Netflix sub. Plus the chances of re-watching digital media is higher than physical media.

“one platform you can watch everything on” anymore.
    You never had this situation though. Netflix had allot of other stuff but the amount of Disney, Fox and WB stuff was always limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You never had this situation though. Netflix had allot of other stuff but the amount of Disney, Fox and WB stuff was always limited.
    But now a lot worse than before.

UK never had Hulu and the others, so before Disney+, it was just Netflix.

Since Disney+ thry removed all the Disney owned stuff (Star Wars, Disney stuff, super hero stuff) from Netflix which made it a lot worse than before

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Should look into that then. It’s not like they’re crazy expensive these days.
    paying money to replacing one obsolete media player with another obsolete media player isn't that great of an idea.

Just get Netflix or Amazon Prime (or ahem, download totally legal Linux ISOs :P).

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that annoy me is now everyone try to set up streaming service so all the licenses went to all different playform, there is no “one platform you can watch everything on” anymore.
    This is something I really miss, it's like streaming services have devolved so much over the past decade, it was so much better when you only needed a single sub to watch everything.