Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Where’s the ugly races? Where’s the monster races? Ff14 could go a long way by adding just a few monster races with harsh features, who look evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Honestly, I woulnd't mind playing an Amal'ja or any other beast races
    Being able to play as a Namazu or a Vanu Vanu would've been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    A Fair point. But we ARE outsiders to Eorzea as far as the story is concerned. And unlike in WoW, racial capitals aren't really a thing.
    You're not an outsider to Eorzea. You're just not from whichever capital city you go to in the intro of ARR 2.0. You could have been from one of the unnamed, offscreen villages in Thanalan that were destroyed during the calamity, for example. Also, characters explicitly call you an "Eorzean", as if you hail from Eorzea (even though this makes no sense if you play an expansion race, as none of the expansion races live in Eorzea).

They also fucked up their eyes during the WoD model updates and made them more cartoony. So yeah they might be uglier than say Hrothgar, but I personally don't consider them more badass.
    I personally liked the nicer eyes of the WoD updated Tauren models, but it would have been cool if there was an option to have the old fierce eye look.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I personally liked the nicer eyes of the WoD updated Tauren models, but it would have been cool if there was an option to have the old fierce eye look.
    I miss the unblinking gaze of the old female Trolls. They'd always win a staring contest.

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s ok to care about your looks and take care of yourself, but that doesn’t mean hair highlights, painted nails, painted on facial hair, and an outfit even stewie griffin wouldn’t wear in his fantasies.
    None of those save the outfit is on that guy on the screenshot you were appraising, and there are thousands of outfits that look freaking great regardless of your tastes. Slap different armor on that guy that looks like some gritty dark souls armor and then what?

Wear that outfit out to the bar, a frat house, or a strip club and see how many women you go home with. Spoiler alert: zero. He looks like he’s more concerned with the nightclub with his boyfriend after the adventure than the actual adventure.
    Being manly = going to a bar, frat house, or strip club and trying to pick up women. Man I think we're discovering what your idea of "masculine" is, ROFLMAO.

But put that dude in the picture into a button up shirt and some slacks (both of which exist in the game) and he'll pick up more chicks than you ever could.

There is literally nothing manly about that picture at all,
    A lot of people trying out FFXIV has very subjective views about the game and why they don't like it. And I can respect them for having opinions on why they don't like the game. "There is absolutely no way to make a masculine character and every single character is extremely feminine" is an objectively incorrect statement. You have an insanely warped perception of masculinity, but reading your post, it's pretty obvious what you think masculinity is.

If you think a guy ripped out with bulging muscles, with facial scars, stubble, and styled hair who looks like he's had a shower in the last 24 hours is "feminine" then the problem is you.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2021-06-16 at 05:59 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    General rule of thumb for me is, if it's hunched over its not furry.
    That's not at all how that works at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well neither off them is a furry. Furry is the name of the fandom.

They are anthropomorfic animals.
    Furry is any character that is an anthropomorphic animal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Good point, one I've seen echoed over the years. It's why I've never been able to play a human male in WoW, they just look too ridiculously proportioned. Especially for the classes you mention. Belf female is actually my favorite rogue model, the stealth animation is fantastic.
    And this is why I play a Viera. I main Ninja so the animations look good on her. Being a male Au Ra for HW was cool and all, but it fealt wrong for anything beside the tanking jobs.

And this is why I play a Viera. I main Ninja so the animations look good on her. Being a male Au Ra for HW was cool and all, but it fealt wrong for anything beside the tanking jobs.
    I rather like my Elezen lass' look as a Scholar (she looks pretty good as a Red Mage, too), and that mouth open stunned look they like so much for cut scenes is hilarious on someone her size and build (she's as big as a Duskwight female can be, as I recall). I interpret it not as fear or shock at events, but shock at the really, really dumb things most of her companions say and do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    None of those save the outfit is on that guy on the screenshot you were appraising, and there are thousands of outfits that look freaking great regardless of your tastes. Slap different armor on that guy that looks like some gritty dark souls armor and then what?

Being manly = going to a bar, frat house, or strip club and trying to pick up women. Man I think we're discovering what your idea of "masculine" is, ROFLMAO.

But put that dude in the picture into a button up shirt and some slacks (both of which exist in the game) and he'll pick up more chicks than you ever could.

A lot of people trying out FFXIV has very subjective views about the game and why they don't like it. And I can respect them for having opinions on why they don't like the game. "There is absolutely no way to make a masculine character and every single character is extremely feminine" is an objectively incorrect statement. You have an insanely warped perception of masculinity, but reading your post, it's pretty obvious what you think masculinity is.

If you think a guy ripped out with bulging muscles, with facial scars, stubble, and styled hair who looks like he's had a shower in the last 24 hours is "feminine" then the problem is you.
    He is exactly as I described him, open your eyes. Also, he isn’t wearing a suit and tie tho, is he? He’s dressed up like he’s about to receive a human booster shot from a guy named Jim, not slay monsters. I’ve praised better armors when linked, but when linked with that kind of character I’m gonna call him out for being the feminine looking character he is.

Did my opinion hurt your feelings? You are a shining example of my 2nd point that ff14 had the most thin skinned community of any in mmorpg history.

I can say belf are girly, or Fox people don’t belong in WoW and no one cares, but I say the characters look girly in ff14 and your panties get up in a knot and you feel personally offended

Unless you look like that, you have nothing to worry about. And if you think I’m the only one who thinks the art is dainty, soft and feminine... open your eyes. Half the people who don’t play ff14 don’t over it’s art style. On this thread is accounts for over 50% of the complaints

And yes, for the record, that was probably the most feminine male model I have ever seen in a game in my life. No sane person could defend that. What are you like, 16?

That character linked could be defeated by any boss who rhythmically sings “Nnst Nnst Nnst Nnst Nnst Nnst”
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-16 at 10:41 AM.

Not sure how large defined biceps, washboard abs, etc. are feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Between the hand on the hips, the hair highlights on the side of the ponytail, the soft feminine face with a plastic Botox look, the painted on facial hair, the skinny jeans, and an outfit so risqué even a male stripper wouldn’t wear it....

Yeah I wonder why anyone could question the manliness of that particular example. /sarcasm.

Here’s a rule of thumb... if al bundy would mock your characters appearance, it’s not manly. muscle tone doesn’t make it a manly model or not. The devil is in the details.

And unless you can just let my, and 50% of this threads, opinion for without a second thought you will just prove my point about ff14 community being so thin skinned. I call the character models feminine, and they take it as I called them feminine. Hilarious that they prove me right time and time again
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-16 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'll have you know I'm literally fucking dying in my chair laughing. A+++ content.
    Good, I was hoping somebody would catch onto that.

Here’s a rule of thumb... if al bundy would mock your characters appearance, it’s not manly. muscle tone doesn’t make it a manly model or not. The devil is in the details.
    If Al Bundy's view of manhood are your compass, well that explains it all.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2021-06-16 at 11:05 AM.

That's strange - I always feel my character is too lanky to be a tank. Dark Knight works to a degree, but the rest, I just look flimsy. As a male Au Ra, that is. I'm much more comfortable as a Dragoon and Ninja.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume Carl is the pinnacle of masculinity, then, for you? :P

It’s not, nor is it masculine as the “warrior princess” look is a big thing for women atm. But you already knew that, which is why you didn’t quote Justandulas.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    That's strange - I always feel my character is too lanky to be a tank. Dark Knight works to a degree, but the rest, I just look flimsy. As a male Au Ra, that is. I'm much more comfortable as a Dragoon and Ninja.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume Carl is the pinnacle of masculinity, then, for you? :P
    Carl is all that is man! Haha I miss his weekly nfl stone cold locks of the century of the week

Aren’t they doing a new movie soon?

- - - Updated - - -

If Al Bundy's view of manhood are your compass, well that explains it all.
    This sounds like the opinion of a 16 year old girl trying to justify why her skinny little goth bf isn’t weird to her parents.

Fact of the matter is, half the people here think the character models look feminine. I even suggested monster races with harsh looks he added into the game so that it does appeal to more people

Instead, you are so offended over the truth you keep trying to twist my words into something it isn’t.

And yes, al bundy is a better moral compass than any anime looking scrawny little man who looks like a high school kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That's not at all how that works at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Furry is any character that is an anthropomorphic animal.
    It's not

The furry fandom is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.

Furry
    https://i.redd.it/hkax65kakrc11.jpg

Not furry

Instead, you are so offended over the truth you keep trying to twist my words into something it isn’t.
    Alright dude the sealioning is getting obnoxious now it's time to stop.

It was one thing when you were trying to provoke a response with your ever-shifting views on what counts as masculine and feminine, I've never been one to get in the way of good-natured trolling.
    But your last couple of posts have been pretty nakedly sexist and homophobic, you're running perilously close to entirely tipping your hand here.

Edit;
    So all playable 'beast' races in wow have to be fury by default applying that test?
    Further, the werewolf pictured is bipedal, has pulp-to-pulp opposing thumbs and one set of distinctly anatomically human placed nipples. Those all seem like human characteristics (at the very least more human than canid).
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-06-16 at 12:07 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

It was one thing when you were trying to provoke a response with your ever-shifting views on what counts as masculine and feminine, I've never been one to get in the way of good-natured trolling.
    But your last couple of posts have been pretty nakedly sexist and homophobic, you're running perilously close to entirely tipping your hand here.
    No. No they aren’t. You are just so thin skinned and proving what I was saying about the ff14 community

I call the art feminine because that’s how I see it. I’m not knocking you or anyone else for liking it

And I’d have stopped pages ago if people like you would quit quoting me, misquoting me, and trying to spin my words because that makes you feel better

No mmo community has thinner skin. I notice you didn’t care that I mocked both belf and the Fox people in WoW, but heavensword forbid the same critique is lobbied at ff14

Ps - over half the people in this thread, and every ff14 thread, list the art style as their biggest complaint. So, checkmate
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-16 at 12:12 PM.

Actually, I got confirmation from a global that sealioning is ok to do here.

Ps - over half the people in this thread, and every ff14 thread, list the art style as their biggest complaint. So, checkmate
    While I'm not saying you're wrong or against you in any way, I wouldn't use the number of people in a thread as any kind of statistic. People like to use alternate accounts and some forums are much worse than others.

No. No they aren’t. You are just so thin skinned and proving what I was saying about the ff14 community
    Are you quite sure about that?
    He is exactly as I described him, open your eyes. Also, he isn’t wearing a suit and tie tho, is he? He’s dressed up like he’s about to receive a human booster shot from a guy named Jim, not slay monsters. ”
    Would you mind telling me in your own words (we wouldn't want to twist them) the meaning behind the bolded section of your quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Actually, I got confirmation from a global that sealioning is ok to do here.
    Hey, I didn't say he can't do it I was just pointing out he's starting to look too thirsty about harvesting replies and it looked obnoxious.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Are you quite sure about that?

Would you mind telling me in your own words (we wouldn't want to twist them) the meaning behind the bolded section of your quote?

Hey, I didn't say he can't do it I was just pointing out he's starting to look too thirsty about harvesting replies and it looked obnoxious.
    Yes I’m quite sure about that and you continuously trying to 1-up me to feel better about your game and opinion is proof of that

If you weren’t so thin skinned, we wouldn’t even be having this convo

And nowhere did I say that was good or bad, just that I don’t want that look on a damn adventurer. The same reason you don’t want female characters in thongs, half naked fighting dragons. It just looks ridiculous and overly sexualizes a video game ffs.

And yes, every time you respond to me or quote me to argue for no reason you are proving my point about the ff14 community being softer than a roll of charm on