Thread: Euro 2020

Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    RIP whoever dies tonight/tomorrow from the Ramsey curse. Great result for Wales though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy is the best team I've seen so far

This VAR thing is amazing.

This goes up there with the most ridiculous decisions ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Italy is the best team I've seen so far
    They're impressive alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad call, but it's the rule that's wrong, not the VAR. Just another example of trying to write rules to create consistency, then VAR overtaking them when weird situations like that come up. Some stuff just needs a referee's discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Bad call, but it's the rule that's wrong, not the VAR. Just another example of trying to write rules to create consistency, then VAR overtaking them when weird situations like that come up. Some stuff just needs a referee's discretion.
    As an avid rugby fan, I agree, the VAR is the way forward, it's just that they don't seem to have a solid set of rules to go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    This goes up there with the most ridiculous decisions ever.

- - - Updated - - -

They're impressive alright
    I mean they're not playing catenaccio, they are actually playing very offensive

That opening to the wing was a work of art.

- - - Updated - - -

They have a good bit of flair. Which is unusual. Switzerland on the other side, I'm not really seeing much so far. A couple of really questionable shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once they have another goal in they are going to build their wall again, but it is surprising to see they are playing this offensively this tournament but it is paying off.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    As an avid rugby fan, I agree, the VAR is the way forward, it's just that they don't seem to have a solid set of rules to go by.
    I think they're getting there, that rule was rewritten to change it from 'build up' to 'immediate action' because of situations where as written it was disallowing goals for even stupider reasons. They kind of have to see those situations where as written it doesn't make sense, and so refine the language, add caveats etc. Just a matter of catching up with what VAR can actually see. Handball is one of those things where there's been a clamour for consistency for decades because of language, and because of discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloody hell. Italy really are best team in the competition so far.

They just keep on going don't they.

15+ Year Old Account
    Belgium has a world class generation but aren't most of them getting a bit old? This might be their last chance to win something with that generation.
    Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if this tournament or next years World Cup is the last for this generation of Belgium's players. We'll see.

I bet a team that finishes third is in the final

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    Bye, Turkey!
    More than likely but they could finish third and make it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I bet a team that finishes third is in the final

- - - Updated - - -

More than likely but they could finish third and make it somehow.
    They are already at -5 GD, it would be really hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratz, Italy, the first team to qualify to the knockout stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    They are already at -5 GD, it would be really hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratz, Italy, the first team to qualify to the knockout stage.
    True. Weirder things have happened.

Italy looked impressive in both games so far, it will be interesting to see how they fair against team's with better attacking options as both so far were quite poor. fingers crossed for Wale's having enough of a cushion with goal difference to finish the group 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Italy looked impressive in both games so far, it will be interesting to see how they fair against team's with better attacking options as both so far were quite poor. fingers crossed for Wale's having enough of a cushion with goal difference to finish the group 2nd.
    I'm not sure if Switzerland was just poor or totally shut off into being poor. Not sure if you get me.

I'm not sure if Switzerland was just poor or totally shut off into being poor. Not sure if you get me.
    Yep I get you that was the point I was trying to make, we will have to see with Italy when they are up against better teams if they are as good as they look so far or just up against weak team's,

Either way I expect them to get to the later stages, they looked a very solid outfit in defence and great going forward.

Really weird Euro. Most matches are either very lopsided or defensive bores. I placed many 2:1 3:2 bets etc. But most games are ending 1:0, 2:0, 3:0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Really weird Euro. Most matches are either very lopsided or defensive bores. I placed many 2:1 3:2 bets etc. But most games are ending 1:0, 2:0, 3:0
    First round of games in any tournament are usually cagey and unsettled.