Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I recognize this problem; and I also recognize that gear disparity in RBGs is an issue. Even 2-3 people (especially if FC, heals and DPS) running around in 226 glad gear against a team of mixed 14-1500 players is bullshit. At 1% per ilevel (as per Ion) Glad players have a 20% damage/healing/mitigation advantage in raw numbers, never mind experience. Good strategy can't help if it is numerically impossible to kill the bear FC if they have even barely competent healer with them while the 226 paladin is one-shotting the offense team.
    Maybe the balancing needs to be readjusted. Pvp has specific weights to it, so there's no reason they couldn't adjust it if the numbers are too high there. They used pvp loadouts to reduce the disparity before. People complained that it made gear feel like it didn't matter in pvp, but I think that's a consequence that has to be accepted to keep a pvp game mode fair, accessible, and balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Because they don't want to pay GMs. Same reason they got rid of master loot. Same reason botting is out of fucking control. Pure greed.
    Is this your opinion or is this a fact?
    Hi

With all of wows problems currently, I can’t believe this is an issue that would cause anyone grief

Do I use this? Absolutely not. I’m too WoW poor to offer anyone to boost anything

But Blizz themselves legally sells gold with the tokens, they would never do anything on the retail side to jeopardize even a fraction of those sales. Don’t forget, the mtx make up for more than subs do for blizzards cash. Those tokens may be more important to them than us subs to be honest.

This is so low on the totem pole of WoW issues that it isn’t even worth addressing by them, and secondly, they’ve had multiple layoffs firing the QA and day to day game GM’s to increase salary of the fat cats, what makes anyone thinks they’d open up the wallet to spend extra on WoW when all indications are the exact opposite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    He's been spouting anti-WoW venom everywhere on these forums just because he hates it.
    Fingers crossed he gets banned at some point.

Claiming the developer doesn't care about their biggest product is extremely narrow minded and moronic.
    To be fair, atvi also barely invests into COD these days and individual cod games make more than the entire Blizz side of the equation, let alone WoW. WoW has less of an opinion at the atvi table than individual cod games. And multiple ones at that

And atvi still barely invests in that at all and that’s their most profitable series

Why would anyone expect them to invest heavily into WoW, an older slowly dying title, when even their best most profitable titles get the same ATVI treatment? Atvi management doesn’t even play games a day in their life, they are just fat cats getting rich on gamers so while you don’t like to hear it, he’s right

Blizz has, at 2 separate times recently, fired 10% of their staff including the entire QA team so that Bobby kotick gets his bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I dont think you have to invest tbh. Get some random unpaid intern to do it.
    This isn't a thing certainly not at a AAA company interns absolutely get paid and they wouldn't be trusted with banning accounts which could have significant negative repercussions.

All the group finder needs is a word filter. I'd just filter out the word "WTS" and done!

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    All the group finder needs is a word filter. I'd just filter out the word "WTS" and done!
    This. A simple chat filter would do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    They need to have an auto-ban for WTS, WTB, WTT, Trading, Service, Gear auction, auction, Gold price, and I would say boosting but there are charitable/free boosting done as well, so shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-06-21 at 11:37 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They need to have an auto-ban for WTS, WTB, WTT, Trading, Service, Gear auction, auction, Gold price, and I would say boosting but there are charitable/free boosting done as well, so shouldn't be.
    This is insanity, and unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This is insanity, and unreasonable.
    But it is not? It all falls under advertisement, and it is all examples of sold boosting services. I could say the auction and gear auction could be removed because I do not think there is a thing for that anymore anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

But it is not? It all falls under advertisement, and it is all examples of sold boosting services. I could say the auction and gear auction could be removed because I do not think there is a thing for that anymore anyways.
    With all of wows many problems, this isn’t even on the radar to any rational person

Example: I sell tank runs for gold. You don’t have to pay it, but if you want me to tank your 5 mans you need to pony up that cash in advance.

That would be illegal under your regime, and WoW would have 1 less tank when they need every tank they can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all of wows many problems, this isn’t even on the radar to any rational person

Example: I sell tank runs for gold. You don’t have to pay it, but if you want me to tank your 5 mans you need to pony up that cash in advance.

That would be illegal under your regime, and WoW would have 1 less tank when they need every tank they can get.
    There is no regime. There is a rule stating no advertisement. You making an LFG post stating you selling a service is an advertisement.

Your offer of services is in the same category as the boosters. If you wanna do an advertisement, then you go to trade chat.

There is no regime. There is a rule stating no advertisement. You making an LFG post stating you selling a service is an advertisement.

Your offer of services is in the same category as the boosters. If you wanna do an advertisement, then you go to trade chat.
    And spoiler alert, the game has infinitely more problems than this. This is a nothing burger

You can download mods to filter the lfg, or join the other lfg channels, but don’t dictate what others turn the lfg channel into

Secondly, as long as it isn’t real life cash, then it’s legal. Period. This was brought up before to Blizz and their stance was as long as it isn’t trading irl cash, then its fair

And spoiler alert, the game has infinitely more problems than this. This is a nothing burger

You can download mods to filter the lfg, or join the other lfg channels, but don’t dictate what others turn the lfg channel into

Secondly, as long as it isn’t real life cash, then it’s legal. Period. This was brought up before to Blizz and their stance was as long as it isn’t trading irl cash, then its fair
    Can you link the mod? I thought lfg was protected from filtering I know I personally have been trying to filter groups via region for a few expansions now and the best i've managed is using a mod that adds a flag to each players tooltip box.

Can you link the mod? I thought lfg was protected from filtering I know I personally have been trying to filter groups via region for a few expansions now and the best i've managed is using a mod that adds a flag to each players tooltip box.
    i'd have to do some HW, but it happened during Legion sometime when M+ runs were first being sold. Blizz basically said as long as they use gold, it's all good, but the second IRL cash is involved... banhammer.

i'd have to do some HW, but it happened during Legion sometime when M+ runs were first being sold. Blizz basically said as long as they use gold, it's all good, but the second IRL cash is involved... banhammer.
    I mean no but that isn't what I am really interested in with your post. I am more curious about the addon your talking about. If I can simply install something to clean up lfg I rather do that then simply bitch about the state of things.

I mean no but that isn't what I am really interested in with your post. I am more curious about the addon your talking about. If I can simply install something to clean up lfg I rather do that then simply bitch about the state of things.
    for classic, my friends were talking about some LFG addon that filters the groups. Not sure what they use since i tank the groups come to me, but let me log in and ask around and i'll edit it in. Hold please *inserts elevator music*

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, but it is still one of the many problems. And I am not dictating it? It is a known issue for many. I mean, why would this thread even exist?

But it is not legal according to Blizzard's rules to advertise within the looking for group system. It IS permitted to advertise from your primary account in trade chat, and the LFG channel (does that even exist anymore?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard bans in waves and it takes some time to investigate aswell. You dont just press the report button and a GM will fly to you and pat you on the head for your good work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, we do not know the correct sub numbers, though?
    we don't anymore, but last sub report during WoD - again a trend that blizz established in first place, it was lower than even classic itself, WoD was that shit that sub numbers dropped the lowest since start
    the leak of data in BFA also confirms that wow has low sub, a leak that annoyingly ppl were arguing if it was accurate or not, ignoring the fact that blizz data literally leaked credit card numbers among other data, and it annoys me a lot how blizz got away with it by a customer base that was busy attacking each others how accurate sub numbers is
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard doesn't supply the gold though. Another player supplies the gold when they purchase it from the AH. If no one purchases the token then no gold is given to the player that posted the token on the AH. Blizzard has a hand in it but they do not supply the gold. Simple facts.
    You owe me some braincells for this post.