Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just wanted to get geared asap on my main, now im leveling my alt at a relaxed pace through questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    That's what i did back in 2007, the first thing i did was not even to go through the portal on the level 60 i had, i made a new alt and went 1-70.

But i don't understand why i feel so much stress and preasure nowdays..

What changed? It's the same game after all
    May WoW just isn't for you anymore? Maybe THAT is what has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    If you fall behind on gear/attunements you will have a much harder time finding groups later on, so you basically have to keep the same pace as the server community
    Not really since they will be removing certain attunments with each patch.

Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

I want to play TBC, I want to Enjoy TBC.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.
    Well then don't play. If you are THAT insecure... idk what to say. Sorry if this sounds harsh but it is what it is.
    But with that mindset i don't think any multiplayer is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    If you fall behind on gear/attunements you will have a much harder time finding groups later on, so you basically have to keep the same pace as the server community
    This is not true at all.

The only difficulty you will have is joining t6 raiding guilds or groups (pugs are likely this time around) if you did not clear vashj/kael until te last phase.

The rest of the attunements consist of very commonly run instances/raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.
    Easy solution -> go play retail. Gear drops from everything, very easy to catch-up, people arent so elitist as on TBC/classic, and you will have tons more fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Wait I'm confused. Wasnt it the retail mentality with "GOGO AOTC WEEK ONE OR GTFO" and Classic mentality was "clear at your own pace and enjoy the Journey"?
    nah, thats not a "retail" thing its a "Player" thing, and so both retail and classic has it, but retail you have far more control over your own progression instead of relying on other people as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah, thats not a "retail" thing its a "Player" thing, and so both retail and classic has it, but retail you have far more control over your own progression instead of relying on other people as much.
    The difference being that in some cases like m+, the game actually punishes you for not being speedy enough while classic and tbc are still speeding just because you can with no push from the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Easy solution -> go play retail. Gear drops from everything, very easy to catch-up, people arent so elitist as on TBC/classic, and you will have tons more fun.
    Only up to a point. Can solo to like 200 or so in 24 hours or less. Then mostly limited to the great vault. No one gonna take u to 15s at 200 ilvl unless they know u because there's a million other applicants with much higher ilvl and rio

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The difference being that in some cases like m+, the game actually punishes you for not being speedy enough while classic and tbc are still speeding just because you can with no push from the game itself.
    So there is no such thing as timed encounters in vanilla/tbc?
    Do you forget bosses have enrage timers?
    And some dungeons have timers like stratholme and zulaman and shattered halls?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So there is no such thing as timed encounters in vanilla/tbc?
    Do you forget bosses have enrage timers?
    And some dungeons have timers like stratholme and zulaman and shattered halls?
    Generally, you have enrage timers for bosses so you can't exploit them. And you don't get any extra or better loot for doing so. The only boss that did that was Hodir's "hard mode"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'll never understand why people keep treating WoW like it's some kind of competitive race to "beat the game" as fast as possible.

It's not retail, it's not designed to be rushed through and cleared asap, it's designed to be a slow and steady journey. Stop treating it like a speedrun.
    For me it's because they set the bar in getting chosen for a pug hc or raid.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

You'll always be behind someone for everything ever. Just stop caring.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Generally, you have enrage timers for bosses so you can't exploit them. And you don't get any extra or better loot for doing so. The only boss that did that was Hodir's "hard mode"
    ALL of the "hard modes" in Ulduar gave higher level loot, not just Hodir.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Only up to a point. Can solo to like 200 or so in 24 hours or less. Then mostly limited to the great vault. No one gonna take u to 15s at 200 ilvl unless they know u because there's a million other applicants with much higher ilvl and rio
    You can do keys lower than 15 to gear up past 200 though. I didn't do a single 15 in SL so far and I've had plenty of fun in keys. Even doing 12 is almost as good as 15 in terms of rewards. I didn't raid Mythic either, but I did get AOTC with my guild as a social. Somehow the retail game seems to have content for players not doing the highest level of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    You can do keys lower than 15 to gear up past 200 though. I didn't do a single 15 in SL so far and I've had plenty of fun in keys. Even doing 12 is almost as good as 15 in terms of rewards. I didn't raid Mythic either, but I did get AOTC with my guild as a social. Somehow the retail game seems to have content for players not doing the highest level of it.
    Ya I just meant once u hit about 200, you start progressing far more slowly. Running 12s like you said will drop 207 i believe. Assuming you time it, you'll get a 40% chance to have a piece drop for you in your personal loot. Then that piece has to be something you need, and not in your lego slot. And you'd need ~2 drops of 207 replacing your 197 ilvl cov pieces to go up 1 overall ilvl. Compared to the 223 ilvl piece us get in your vault each week from completing a 12. Just meant your biggest form of gear progression gets throttled pretty hard weekly by the vault compared to all the near instant 197 cov gear pieces. Not up to date on 9.1 stuff tho

The sooner you realize you aren't the best at that game, the better off you'll be.

I'm in the same boat. Classic was great for two weeks then the zoomers took over. Seems it's happened to TBC as well.

I can't really blame them, it's a different generation used to instant gratification and the ability to look up anything online in a flash. These old WoW games just weren't designed for that level of knowledge, the fun was in the exploration and coming up with your own way to play.

In other words, it's not the game, it's the community. And since there is nothing any of us can do to change the community, I unfortunately have to choose not to play.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly just find a guild that's closer to your level of play. There will always be super casual guilds.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ALL of the "hard modes" in Ulduar gave higher level loot, not just Hodir.
    Have you lost the ability to read or what? Hodir's so called hard mode is just killing him in less than 3 minutes making him the only raid boss that gives extra and better loot for simply being killed fast. The rest of the hard modes are actual hard modes with extra mechanics.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-06-29 at 05:13 PM.