Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I guess they still might go the route "share night Warrior power between more vessels" they foreshadowed earlier. The missing cinematic might show us Elune spreading Night Warrior power among her followers, resulting in Tyrande not being torn apart by this immense force. I would not jump into conclusions until we actually see what happens in the cinematic.

Sure, if Elune just cleanse Tyrande, that would be not that logical to include these customizations to PC, but who knows if logic and common sense would stop Blizz from adding it to increase their sales.
    Basically, this:

I guess they still might go the route "share night Warrior power between more vessels" they foreshadowed earlier. The missing cinematic might show us Elune spreading Night Warrior power among her followers, resulting in Tyrande not being torn apart by this immense force. I would not jump into conclusions until we actually see what happens in the cinematic.

Sure, if Elune just cleanse Tyrande, that would be not that logical to include these customizations to PC, but who knows if logic and common sense would stop Blizz from adding it to increase their sales.
    Have they even explained it yet?

The fact players can receive the night warrior customisation is the proof that the power is somewhat shared, but I don't think they've explained exactly how.. didn't Hellspawn do a good theory crafting/alternate retelling that actually made sense, but I wonder how blizzard would explain it.

it probably will lead to night elves getting that customisation tattoo option. Good for them. It's been widely very well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Have they even explained it yet?

The fact players can receive the night warrior customisation is the proof that the power is somewhat shared, but I don't think they've explained exactly how.. didn't Hellspawn do a good theory crafting/alternate retelling that actually made sense, but I wonder how blizzard would explain it.

it probably will lead to night elves getting that customisation tattoo option. Good for them. It's been widely very well received.
    I don't think black eyes has been explained. If it would be only player customization, I would not consider it common among night elf population, but every night elf in Army of the Black Moon has these eyes, so if they are already touched by these powers only by witnessing this ritual, I can understand this can lead to "night warrior" tattoo manifesting too. Maiev said that even only witnessing the ritual is dangerous. I can accept explanation that night elves present at the ritual are affected by its power, like some kind of magical radiation.

I think it's actually good option for people who care. I certainly would use it on some of my night elves.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-06-28 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the connection between the moon and Elune, the entire lighting on her tattoos might be moonlight and not starlight. So that makes her a moon elf, fittingly so.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Considering the connection between the moon and Elune, the entire lighting on her tattoos might be moonlight and not starlight. So that makes her a moon elf, fittingly so.
    It’s definitely moon light and starlight, the actual stars in her forehead. Is there a colour distinction between moonlight and starlight in game? Would they show one on body art?

Anyway it being starlight and moonlight fits the theme. The moon and stars go hand in hand.
    My Je moon is the mother, the stars the children.

Starlight is the fascination, like diamonds are and to a nocturnal race is probably even more sacred.

The moon as the symbol and expression of the goddess is also quite telling. They chose the moon to represent her, matching their celestial fascination.

If you have another explanation connecting these and explaining them, I’m all ears. But based on what they tell us, I think what @Mace and Ravenmoon have been explaining over the last few years fits.

The dots on her head definitely look like stars and then she has a gooey moon symbol like the Naaru large and bold. I think this fits also.

It’s the night elf theme isn’t it. It’s just interesting that in game portrays a closer proximity to the forest than the stars.

I’m inclined to agree this is a perception error simply because game material didn’t shift visual focus enough to the stars.

But it’s not hard to apply or imagine it’s role in the Irde r of Elune I have just provided, or it’s role I. Druidism, and the arcane civilisation has both Suramar and Zin’Azshari full of star effects and symbols alongside the moon.

The most telling though is the star and moon magic spells of the Nightborne/Highborne, Moonguard and Moon Priestesses, and the Balance druids.

So it’s definitely evident in the spell mechanics for night elf related races and classes.

Star Augur Etraeus seems to nicely snapshot one of the many disciplines focused on the stars although not much else is shown.

Blizzard don’t give that much detail, but if they ever did, I like the explanation he gives

Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    Anyone else thinking here that they're setting Tyrande to be the next main villain for the next expansion? She seems to be going the Sylvanas way quite harshly as of late. Sure it is cool to see Night Elves get more attention, but still I miss the more primal ones from the Warcraft 3. Now they're just focused on the warring Elune stuff (which is great, mind you), but I would want to see more ferality throughout the Night Elves as a whole. That would shake thinks a bit.
    I think we all expected those.
    Those of us who were on the side of the Kaldorei to be able to see the Kaldorei be feroses and have an expansion really felt in them and not in their ruins, in addition to being able to finally strike back at the Horde.
    And those of the Horde to be able to kill an Ally leader and for once not to be the bad guys.

But the spoilers of 9.1 seem to indicate that we return to trophy wife again.

I don't think black eyes has been explained. If it would be only player customization, I would not consider it common among night elf population, but every night elf in Army of the Black Moon has these eyes, so if they are already touched by these powers only by witnessing this ritual, I can understand this can lead to "night warrior" tattoo manifesting too. Maiev said that even only witnessing the ritual is dangerous. I can accept explanation that night elves present at the ritual are affected by its power, like some kind of magical radiation.

I think it's actually good option for people who care. I certainly would use it on some of my night elves.
    We all understood that but Maiev, Shandris and the Wardens were there and they didn't change their eyes.

In addition, these black-eyed elves are the ones who join the renegaods, which again makes them lose value as a symbol of something.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-28 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You are comically overinvested in this. This is not as big of an issue as you are making it out to be. Even in regards to fictitious purple elves, you are still finding a way to make this stand out in terms of unnecessary melodrama.
    That's your opionion. You can be condescending all you want. But compare it to Saurfang. He got an HD cinematic while Tyrande gets downgraded to a player model despite the fact that she HAS a boss model. It's not about the character by itself. It's about the blatant disregard the devs show to the night elf fan community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    @Eggroll has a point Vaedan, you have to admit it, Tyrande Legion cinamatic was HOT and looked a cut above the rest, her face here looks like one of the night elf female models face, which is disappoiting.. the art style for the night warrior magic tattoos is cool, but the face?

- - - Updated - - -

The bottom one is her artistic impression, and the top 2 were Tyrande in the cinematic, probably at her prettiest..

Tbh, so far in warcraft, the prettiest female models has been between this tyrande I linked and the Alleria in the Lordaeron cinematic
    - - - Updated - - -
    They gave her a new model in Cata i believe. So it's not that they had to MAKE one. This model is still standing the the Mt. Hyjal raid or the old Darnassus, or the Temple of the Moon in Valsharah, once you have finshed the quest chain for the Tears of Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    That's your opionion. You can be condescending all you want. But compare it to Saurfang. He got an HD cinematic while Tyrande gets downgraded to a player model despite the fact that she HAS a boss model. It's not about the character by itself. It's about the blatant disregard the devs show to the night elf fan community.

- - - Updated - - -

They gave her a new model in Cata i believe. So it's not that they had to MAKE one. This model is still standing the the Mt. Hyjal raid or the old Darnassus, or the Temple of the Moon in Valsharah, once you have finshed the quest chain for the Tears of Elune.
    They don’t update old stuff. You can see all of Thrall, Jaina and others old models.

Okay. Some do get updated. But not all

No shiny model =/= some kind of insult to you as a person.

Would you have preferred her character mauled and her arc ending in a meaningless death capping off a confused nothing burger? Her momentous achievement having a lootable trinket as the only tangible consequence?

We already know from dialogs after the cinematic that Elune just fixes up Tyrande to be able to control it. There is no hint that her Night Warrior power got shared with Elunes other followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    We already know from dialogs after the cinematic that Elune just fixes up Tyrande to be able to control it. There is no hint that her Night Warrior power got shared with Elunes other followers.
    In night fae campaign, Qadarin suggested that power of night Warrior can be shared by more vessels, that's actually how his husband died. It sprouted some specation that Tyrande will share this power with night elves, teldrassil souls rescued from the Maw or former night warriors or combination of all.

Spoiled dialogues points out that Tyrande is not consumed by the Night Warrior anymore and Elune herself intervened in some way. We don't know anything else, so it can still come to the hints from previous patch. It's still not even clear if she keeps the power or not, she is just calmed and care more about restoration and justice, rather then blind vengeance at all cost.

In night fae campaign, Qadarin suggested that power of night Warrior can be shared by more vessels, that's actually how his husband died. It sprouted some specation that Tyrande will share this power with night elves, teldrassil souls rescued from the Maw or former night warriors or combination of all.

Spoiled dialogues points out that Tyrande is not consumed by the Night Warrior anymore and Elune herself intervened in some way. We don't know anything else, so it can still come to the hints from previous patch. It's still not even clear if she keeps the power or not, she is just calmed and care more about restoration and justice, rather then blind vengeance at all cost.

I know all of this. The spoiled dialogues tell us that the ritual failed (where they try to share her power) and nothing points towards that Elune shared the ritual among them. Not saying that it can't happen at all since they may purposefully leave that out with the Dialogs we see later so it does not get spoiled.

But I think the entire point of showing the other Night Warriors was just to show that Elune is worshipped in other worlds too, the recent interviews suggested that aswell.

The video is released

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I know all of this. The spoiled dialogues tell us that the ritual failed (where they try to share her power) and nothing points towards that Elune shared the ritual among them. Not saying that it can't happen at all since they may purposefully leave that out with the Dialogs we see later so it does not get spoiled.

But I think the entire point of showing the other Night Warriors was just to show that Elune is worshipped in other worlds too, the recent interviews suggested that aswell.
    Yeh.. that's the rpoblem.. blizzard are weird sometimes.. they can go out of their way to explain some very minor details in the game than can be chaleked down to gameplay convieniences.. (like Hearthstones) but just fail to give good expalanations for night elves gaining that customisation.

I mean,I loved your version of things in that re-write topic, I mean, surely they can do something like that.