Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Primal nether crafting - is it profitable?

Not sure if I should post this here or on the profession subforum since that forum could be for retail players only. Anyway, is primal nether crafting profitable for someone who is able to get access to lots of nethers? I have a tank and can easily reserve them for me but is it worth the effort farming gold like this? If it's not worth it then I could level alchemy instead of a crafting profession which is always a staple gold maker so this will decide what my professions will be. I'm not looking to go for a crafting profession without an advantage.

Alchemy and JC are by far the biggest money makers right now. They’re both literally printing money. Blue cuts were going for 200g before they consolidated layers, metas for 500-1000. Every tailor in the game is bartering for transmutes, and people aren’t overgearing things, so potions and elixirs are selling well.

So in short, if you’re shopping profession options, I wouldn’t pick one specifically for Primal Nether crafts. You can get what, 7 guaranteed a day if you run all 7 heroics and reserve them?

I sell them about 100-200g depending on the time and person per pattern craft. Spellstrike seems to go a good bit higher. Whitemend is alright. The others.. meh.. not shameful (and I only have direct experience with tailoring here) So I wouldn't say its a god tier way to make money.. but its pretty decent. At least until they let you buy them with badges later on and then I would imagine it tanks.

If you're a tank and you reserve every primal nether you are a piece of work that needs to get over themselves and do not deserve anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    If you're a tank and you reserve every primal nether you are a piece of work that needs to get over themselves and do not deserve anything anyway.
    What's your problem? If he can sell himself like that then he has every right to. You have no right to send abuse like this. Walk it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think tanks deserve anything, but realistically what's the alternative?

You could make your own group with friends of yours and set your own rules, or you could sit in LFG submitting to reserves that people list when joining another group. I don't see the problem here at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I don't think tanks deserve anything, but realistically what's the alternative?
    Run with guildmates. Tanks have a god complex, where realistically they have the easiest role of all 3 classes. They certainly don't deserve to demand every primal nether until they can clear the dungeon by themselves.

Run with guildmates. Tanks have a god complex, where realistically they have the easiest role of all 3 classes. They certainly don't deserve to demand every primal nether until they can clear the dungeon by themselves.
    We don't have the easiest role but the reason we do this it's not the difficulty of our role but rather the fact that tanks are rare and this is because it's hard to farm gold as a tank outdoors alone, also it's a very unfun role for most and a hard one to get you a spot into a raid. There are many reasons tanks are rare and deserve to demand something. Add the repair bills into this that are consistent for a tank.

its profiable if you have the right crafts. They're only selling for like 200g on my server atm. Just remember that these will plummet in price later on. Potion spec alchemy is just printing money atm for me. All of the useful potions are still selling above material costs on my server.

They go for about 100-200, depending on the crafts. Leg enchants go for like 100-150 and they sell pretty fast, certain gear goes for 175-200, but it takes a while to find people interested.

Curious on which of the 3 roles you think is the hardest.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Truth be told, if you get a mage with blizzard slow and a warlock, you don't need a tank for 80% of an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Truth be told, if you get a mage with blizzard slow and a warlock, you don't need a tank for 80% of an instance.
    I guess if you're going to skip bosses maybe but then what's the point of doing the heroic?

I guess if you're going to skip bosses maybe but then what's the point of doing the heroic?
    Did you miss quote? How did that comment make you think they where skipping anything? Seed + blizzard = easymode for a tank and you can blitz through a heroic, In that instance, the 20% of the dungeon you would need the tank for is bosses.
    Only bosses I have heard of being skipped was first in MT due to the difficulty without shadow res.
    Last edited by mootlix; 2021-06-28 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mootlix View Post
    Did you miss quote? How did that comment make you think they where skipping anything? Seed + blizzard = easymode for a tank and you can blitz through a heroic, In that instance, the 20% of the dungeon you would need the tank for is bosses.
    Only bosses I have heard of being skipped was first in MT due to the difficulty without shadow res.
    Not a misquote, just didn't process the 20% being the bosses.

Healing by far, then DPS that can maintain high DPS without pulling aggro or standing in bad, then tanks.

It's not that tanking takes no skill, it's just the easiest of the 3 roles.

I disagree, at least in 5man dungeons.

Your average group will stand and fall with the tank.
    Tanks need to be able to compensate for anything going wrong (such as CC getting fucked, dps pulling aggro and so forth), if your tank cannot handle these things on the fly, then you are in a world of hurt because any mob will quickly kill any dps / healer.
    Losing a dps because of threat is one thing, but when something goes after your healer and the tank has the reaction time of a sloth, it's over, especially with the limited taunt range on feral / warr, quick reaction will absolutely prevent wipes because you cannot easily taunt mobs once they're on the healer.

If dps don't play optimally, they're doing less dps (which isn't exactly gamebreaking) or they die, which is fine most of the time because you still have two dps left, but when the tank fucks up, it's not unusual that the healer bites the dust, especially in heroics where healers sometimes really need to spam the group / tank and thus generates a lot of threat.

Tank also needs to know which mobs need to be cc'd, which one to be focused, having someone else doing it for the tank is possible but it's so much easier when the tank themselves knows it.

A good tank can carry a group, a good dps or healer cannot compensate a bad tank.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-29 at 10:52 AM.

Healing by far, then DPS that can maintain high DPS without pulling aggro or standing in bad, then tanks.

Hell no. In classic and TBC the tank has to work a lot more. By WOTLK and up threat gets much easier, and we get more tools as tanks, but for now tank has it harder than DPS. On retail however I will say a good DPS is more valuable than a tank. Its just that on TBC/classic dps rotation is so simple and so is the gameplay.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Saying that tanking is the easiest role is just trolling, it's by far the highest skill role by an order of several magnitudes in TBC and that's compared to higher skill dps specs, of which there are few. This is the case in every version of the game too, tanking is always the role you want your absolute best players doing.

And if tanks want to reserve primals they can do that, nobody forces you to join their groups.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-07-01 at 03:24 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    We don't have the easiest role but the reason we do this it's not the difficulty of our role but rather the fact that tanks are rare and this is because it's hard to farm gold as a tank outdoors alone, also it's a very unfun role for most and a hard one to get you a spot into a raid. There are many reasons tanks are rare and deserve to demand something. Add the repair bills into this that are consistent for a tank.
    2 quests and boom respec costs covered.

dps do it for pvp v pve,

go do 2 quests (fishing daily and Cooking daily net me 34g+, and boom your done.

20 mins of herbing/mining and i cover respec costs for the week.

legit saying tanks are rare, i want to reserve primal nethers,

is the same as saying, im a healer, i deserve all loot to DE, as i cant kill shit out in the world as im a healer....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.