Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Uh what? So Alliance players will keep have fast queues and horde players will be able to actually play BG's... How is that bad? I missed something?
    There's a fear that players are going to mass exodus Alliance now that Horde has the single benefit Alliance was able to keep in its back pocket.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There's a fear that players are going to mass exodus Alliance now that Horde has the single benefit Alliance was able to keep in its back pocket.
    That was really the only reason to play alliance if all you wanted to do was pvp. Now you might as well go to the faction with better racials and the biggest pool of like minded players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Attempting to fix an issue that was effectively preventing over half the playerbase from playing a large part of the game is not "catering" to them. While I agree factions are pointless beyond RP reasons, this basically has zero affect on gameplay whatsoever except to allow Horde to play BGs. Also, "clearly superior" is a vast overstatement.
    Alliance were winning av through premades, horde cried and daddy blizz fixed it. Horde had long queues because the sheep have to play the best faction, horde crys and daddy blizz fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Whats the point of playing a 2 faction game when one side is clearly superior or catered to?
    That assumes players care about the whole "faction story" to begin with. Personally I never have, in the entire history of the game, given a rat's ass about it. I just play where my friends go (which has been Alliance before you try an accuse me of something).

This is absolutely a positive change, and anyone who argues otherwise is deluded. Horde queues get fixed, and Alliance queues remain functionally unchanged, since it quite clearly states it will still prio HvA when finding players.

These kinds of threads are exactly why Blizz just doesn't give a shit anymore, and I don't blame them.

No matter what they do, half the playerbase isn't happy. They will NEVER make everyone happy it's not possible because some people just like complaining and they always will. You wanna know what will kill blizzard? it's not... their treatment of the alliance players, that's so idiotic to say. Blizzard will be the ones to kill blizzard and they started down that path the DAY they started caring about what game the players wanted made instead of making the game they wanted.

Every expansion they try to make the loudest happy and end up making everyone else pissed off. And they just keep going in a circle of trying to make this casual or that casual or this elitist and that hardcore player happy while ruining something someone else liked. This is why I will always love 1 time released games from Playstation/PS2/SNES/early PC games era more than modern games, because those games? the company made a game that they wanted to make and released it, you bought it and you got what you got. But now games are constantly updated and changed and new content that just ruined everything just to appease the whiners.

This is why people wanted Classic wow, to get away from all this shit right here. A game already made that wouldn't be touched anymore by blizzard trying to make everyone happy, but sure enough
    Last edited by OokOok; 2021-07-01 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    That will never happen. Your queue's are always going to be near instant.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the days when the alliance was unbelievably favored. I bet you didn't care during that time that one faction was clearly superior.
    Oh bullshit. Alliance had higher numbers in OG vanilla so they literally gave Blood Elves to horde to balance it out. Horde players also had far superior racials back in TBC and now, with that being curbed with the introduction of EMFH in Wrath. That SINGLE racial was the only racial that was saving the alliance in PvP for years, and it was removed in Legion. Meanwhile, Horde has been superior in PvE from TBC all the way until Shadowlands. It took until BfA for blizzard to finally give Alliance some comparable racials after the removal of EMFH, but too little too late and now the modern day alliance population is dead.

So at what point was Alliance "unbelievably favored?"

EMFH was an amazing racial, but it was literally the only comparable one for alliance, and it wasn't even particularly great for PvE.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance players are so sad. This change literally doesn't impact any of you.
    Right? This literally doesn't impact alliance at all. Your queues will still be fine, but now horde gets to PvP too. No significant amount of people is going to reroll over this change. Completely and totally needless crying because Blizzard went with the decent solution to the issue of horde BG queues being forever. If there were 2+ hour queues back in actual TBC Blizzard would have done the same thing then, so whining about Blizzard doing it now is just weird.

- - - Updated - - -

That was really the only reason to play alliance if all you wanted to do was pvp. Now you might as well go to the faction with better racials and the biggest pool of like minded players.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance were winning av through premades, horde cried and daddy blizz fixed it. Horde had long queues because the sheep have to play the best faction, horde crys and daddy blizz fixes it.
    Or you just play the faction you like more. I played Alliance in actual Vanilla, I'm playing horde in Classic because I like the horde races more. I don't actually care what race has the better racials or else my main wouldn't be the race that it is.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I've been playing horde since the day WoW launched in 2004. So have my friends. So I deserve to be unable to enjoy BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Oh bullshit. Alliance had higher numbers in OG vanilla so they literally gave Blood Elves to horde to balance it out. Horde players also had far superior racials back in TBC and now, with that being curbed with the introduction of EMFH in Wrath. That SINGLE racial was the only racial that was saving the alliance in PvP for years, and it was removed in Legion. Meanwhile, Horde has been superior in PvE from TBC all the way until Shadowlands. It took until BfA for blizzard to finally give Alliance some comparable racials after the removal of EMFH, but too little too late and now the modern day alliance population is dead.

So at what point was Alliance "unbelievably favored?"

EMFH was an amazing racial, but it was literally the only comparable one for alliance, and it wasn't even particularly great for PvE.
    Warlords of Draenor was the peak of alliance superiority in pvp, but the scale leaned alliance ever since EMFM came in during wrath. Since this whole topic is about random battleground ques. That single racial made alliance completely dominate. I'd join into battlegrounds, instantly during this time, and the entire enemy team would be all humans.

Just because it's one racial, doesn't remove the fact that the alliance was drastically more favored. No racial, for pvp, has ever come close to the power of old EMFM. It wasn't saving alliance pvp, it was dominating pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

When was this?
    Wrath of the Lich King through Warlords of Draenor

15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is the big deal and why are you guys being so weird about it?

When was this?
    Human racial - that is all. - Wrath - WoD roughly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because #NoChanges - yes, some people genuinely still think this is a carbon-copy of not just TBC the game, but that the community and playerbase is also a Carbon-Copy of 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Hopefully we get rid of factions in 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Polymorphin View Post
    Sadly, they have had more than one REALLY good opportunity to do this, and never have. Even the end of BfA was a very logical and sensible point to make these changes, and they didnt. End of WoD was another great example. Or pretty much the end of MOST expansions, since the threats are so big now the factions always end up working together to complete a common goal, and then go back to play-fighting the very next day. Its idiotic to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor was the peak of alliance superiority in pvp, but the scale leaned alliance ever since EMFM came in during wrath. Since this whole topic is about random battleground ques. That single racial made alliance completely dominate. I'd join into battlegrounds, instantly during this time, and the entire enemy team would be all humans.

Just because it's one racial, doesn't remove the fact that the alliance was drastically more favored. No racial, for pvp, has ever come close to the power of old EMFM. It wasn't saving alliance pvp, it was dominating pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the alliance on my server die in wrath, skipped cata and alliance were utter trash solo queing bgs in mop. Wod was great though, instant queues and we won the majority of bgs.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hear me out.

Super trained AI comps.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2021-07-02 at 01:12 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I watched the alliance on my server die in wrath, skipped cata and alliance were utter trash solo queing bgs in mop. Wod was great though, instant queues and we won the majority of bgs.
    WoD was undeniably the pinnacle of alliance in PVP

Whats the point of playing a 2 faction game when one side is clearly superior or catered to?
    This, I keep thinking back to cataclysm and the Twilight Highlands introduction, where the Alliance Intro was said to be in development and was cut. Along with all the worgen stuff planned for Kalimdor. The reason? Blizzard said they focus on horde development first then Alliance, and ran out of time while developing alliance stuff. Which is why Goblins got Azshara and worgens... And why Horde got big zepplin intro to TWH and Alliance got the Beta plane ride shortcut as its actual intro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polymorphin View Post
    Please no, I never want to raid/dungeon with any horde character in my group. That faction has taken enough from the Alliance without taking its identity too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The big deal is you're likely going to see a lot more people transfer horde now as their only reason for Alliance was shorter queues. Which then means alliance PVE content suffers with less people to take part. This trickles down and leads to situations like retail where Alliance M+ and Raiding is severely more difficult than Horde.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    This, I keep thinking back to cataclysm and the Twilight Highlands introduction, where the Alliance Intro was said to be in development and was cut. Along with all the worgen stuff planned for Kalimdor. The reason? Blizzard said they focus on horde development first then Alliance, and ran out of time while developing alliance stuff. Which is why Goblins got Azshara and worgens... And why Horde got big zepplin intro to TWH and Alliance got the Beta plane ride shortcut as its actual intro.

- - - Updated - - -

Please no, I never want to raid/dungeon with any horde character in my group. That faction has taken enough from the Alliance without taking its identity too.

- - - Updated - - -

The big deal is you're likely going to see a lot more people transfer horde now as their only reason for Alliance was shorter queues. Which then means alliance PVE content suffers with less people to take part. This trickles down and leads to situations like retail where Alliance M+ and Raiding is severely more difficult than Horde.
    Yeah I'm sure people are going to spend another 500 hours to level and gear up, leave guildies and friends behind and leave all their gold behind because queues might go up a few minutes

- - - Updated - - -

This thread isn't solely about PvP, it's about faction balance in general. Yes, EMFH dominated pvp. But it wasn't good in PvE at all. Meanwhile, Horde have had the best racials for pretty much all of the games history for PvE up until BfA.

In a way you could almost consider Wrath - WoD the most balanced period as each faction was objectively better in one area. Obviously it's not a good thing, but it surely is better than one faction being better at both areas, as that results in the lesser faction dying off very quickly as we have seen from legion to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    This thread isn't solely about PvP, it's about faction balance in general. Yes, EMFH dominated pvp. But it wasn't good in PvE at all. Meanwhile, Horde have had the best racials for pretty much all of the games history for PvE up until BfA.

In a way you could almost consider Wrath - WoD the most balanced period as each faction was objectively better in one area. Obviously it's not a good thing, but it surely is better than one faction being better at both areas, as that results in the lesser faction dying off very quickly as we have seen from legion to now.
    This is a thread about the faction imbalance in PVP which lead to this most recent BG que change.

And sadly that is actually true for wrath and MOP. WOD for PVP was way too favored for alliance. The imbalance then was equivalent to what raiding is right now for horde. But yeah in a sick, twisted way its the most balanced the factions have been.

This is a thread about the faction imbalance in PVP which lead to this most recent BG que change.

And sadly that is actually true for wrath and MOP. WOD for PVP was way too favored for alliance. The imbalance then was equivalent to what raiding is right now for horde. But yeah in a sick, twisted way its the most balanced the factions have been.
    Yes, alliance players are upset about the BG change, but I think you're missing the point of why. It's because with this change Alliance has lost one of the only benefits we have to even playing this faction. I am already seeing tons of posts in discords and forums of alliance players planning on rerolling horde with this change. Like the EMFH nerf, it is a nerf that will completely destroy the alliance population and is an overall faction population balance issue.

If they're going to outright put retail systems in to classic, they should just nip this problem in the bud and just remove racials from arenas. It will solve this entire problem.