Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I tried to look in the thread, but didn't see anything and I didn't see the usual mention in the post. Does anyone who has an existing 6 month sub know if they got this automatically? Usually it says you'll get it in a few days, but didn't see that text and my sub isn't up until November so don't want to repurchase it again.
    "If you’re currently on a 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you’ll receive Sapphire Skyblazer as a gift in your Battle.net desktop app at no additional charge no later than July 13, 2021 (must be redeemed by December 31, 2021)."
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-subscription

It says that on the subscription page. I've had to wait two days a few times but the rest were always same day as announcement. I still haven't got it yet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    "If you’re currently on a 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you’ll receive Sapphire Skyblazer as a gift in your Battle.net desktop app at no additional charge no later than July 13, 2021 (must be redeemed by December 31, 2021)."
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-subscription

It says that on the subscription page. I've had to wait two days a few times but the rest were always same day as announcement. I still haven't got it yet.
    Thanks! One of the pages I went to I didn't see that.

Yeah in the past it was usually the same day and I hadn't see anything yet and wanted to make sure. I know it can take a couple days, but wanted to check.

Not today Satan, not today. I am on the final month of my previous poor choice to buy a 6 month sub. Never again.

That's strange... earlier this was listed in my mount journal (did not own) and now it is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post

No we would be laughing, because the shardhide is nowhere near as cool looking as many other mounts.

Its literally just a bear reskin. Probably doesnt even have a unique kickass mount special like this new one does.
    Shardhide is cool as fuck. And this phoenix is "literally just a druid flight form reskin".

But the item is still free. The value though is split between the two items. Also you are over looking that you don't even have to buy a new 6-month subscription to get the promotional mounts. An existing one still allows you to get the mount. So it is free and you are arguing semantics. Lol.
    I'm not overlooking anything. If it's not free for everyone, then by definition it is not free. If you say it's "free for people with an existing 6-month subscription", then sure - as I have said before, it is free for all practical purposes. For those people. But otherwise no, you can't just say it's free generally. You seem to have a lot of problems with arguing semantics considering you are doing just the same.

And by the way, check Blizzard's official shop page and communications for this. Nowhere is the word "free" used.

The amazing part is you just stated that taking advantage of people is not a bad consumer habit or practice Lmao. So it isn't a bad consumer habit but it perpetuates bad consumer habits? You are again splitting hairs just so you don't have to be wrong.
    Don't know if I didn't make myself clear, or if you're just willingly misrepresenting what I said. If it's not clear, you could ask me to clarify it.

First of all that phrase doesn't even make sense to begin with, because taking advantage of people in our conversation's context would be a business habit/practice, not a consumer one. And I certainly didn't state it.

You said: "It isn't bad consumer habits or practices to call these things as free with purchase.". I said that I never claimed that it's a "bad consumer habit to call these as free". What I did claim was that calling these as free perpetuates bad consumer habits/practices (perceiving these promotions as a good deal even when you don't truly need/want the "free" gift and/or the thing you're paying for).
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-07-02 at 07:23 AM.

Pay for game
    Pay for sub
    Pay for ingame shop items

Truly an AAA title.

Friendly reminder that there's a weakaura that automatically /spits on people with store mounts, so you don't have to do it yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Friendly reminder that there's a weakaura that automatically /spits on people with store mounts, so you don't have to do it yourself!
    Aww bless, show us where the people with 6-month subs touched you ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

The saltiness of haters makes the mount that much sweeter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Shardhide is cool as fuck. And this phoenix is "literally just a druid flight form reskin".
    Many new mounts are cool, for example the covenant ones. And didn't all players receive - completely for free! - a very cool and unique ancient one mount not so long ago? Memory is short...

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    Aww bless, show us where the people with 6-month subs touched you ...
    Awww, good little paypiggy, don't forget to reward the corporate drones for their hard work of making wow nothing but a pathetic hamsterwheel to satisfy suits with engagement graphs.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-07-04 at 02:01 AM.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah, fuck Blizzard for not having infinite resources to produce infinite content that ::checks notes:: everybody fucking hates anyway.
    Indeed. With people on this website Blizzard will never win. They hate everything and everyone that Blizzard produces. They hate when things are added and when things are removed, they hate promotional items as well as rewards for ingame achievments, they hate when the game is hard and when it is easy.

It doesn't matter what happens in the game, there will always be someone hating it and on this website there will always be people who echo that hatred infinitely. Blizzard could send 1 million gold to every player as a pure gift and they would call it a bribe to keep people playing and hate it.

Obviously a big part of all this is the internet anonymity allowing people to be their worst self without risk, but that's not all. Something is very wrong with this community, the amount of hatred it spews into the aether day in day out is off the charts.

Is Blizzard perfect? Absolutely not. But is it deserving of this level of hatred every single friggin time that ANYTHING is announced? No way.

Personally I switched to a 6-month sub a few weeks ago. The only incentive I needed was that it is cheaper then the 1-month model and I have been subbed for years now, which isn't going to change, so I might as well make use of this discount. Now I will get a damn cool mount on top. So, the only thing I can say is: Thanks Blizzard!

Awww, good little paypiggy, don't forget to reward the corporate drones for their hard work of making wow nothing but a pathetic hamsterwheel to satisfy suits with engagement graphs.
    If it'll shower us with more salty tears of the likes of you, that's a crusade I'm willing to join!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Not today Satan, not today. I am on the final month of my previous poor choice to buy a 6 month sub. Never again.
    so you get this anyways, you dont need to buy it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    If it'll shower us with more salty tears of the likes of you, that's a crusade I'm willing to join!
    Good for you! Don't forget to bend over and spread wide!
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Good for you! Don't forget to bend over and spread wide!
    Whatever it takes man! The entertainment people like you provide is well worth the cost. I'd risk saying it's actually better than the mount itself.
    Imagine being able to rile sb up by doing absolutely nothing. It's almost like a superpower. The spits in game are pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Whatever it takes man! The entertainment people like you provide is well worth the cost. I'd risk saying it's actually better than the mount itself.
    Imagine being able to rile sb up by doing absolutely nothing. It's almost like a superpower. The spits in game are pure gold.
    Just ignore it.. it's like a reddit political "expert". It watched 3 videos from a random youtuber (in wow's case probably asmongold) and claims to be an expert. Yet doesn't grasp the basic concept of "different people like different things".
    Besides that, it is also the obsessive ex type. You break up with it, and it just keeps clinging, unable to let go. It's adorable really. So obsessed by a game it doesn't play, raging at people who do.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Just ignore it.. it's like a reddit political "expert". It watched 3 videos from a random youtuber (in wow's case probably asmongold) and claims to be an expert. Yet doesn't grasp the basic concept of "different people like different things".
    Besides that, it is also the obsessive ex type. You break up with it, and it just keeps clinging, unable to let go. It's adorable really. So obsessed by a game it doesn't play, raging at people who do.
    There's always enough room on my therapy couch. Just sit down and fire away, and let me marvel.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-07-04 at 02:03 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I don't need anything to validate my opinion, though.

Is that the new buzzword, btw?
    Didn't you know? Only those who like the game are logical and have a life outside gaming. Those who dislike the game either have an irrational hateboner, simply jumped on the hate bandwagon cause they don't have a single original cell in their body, and or spend all their free time and energy hating on the game.

I can't always tell if it is funny or sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    But just you wait, the next time I point out that people are wrong in stating that WoW's "down to 2 million players" and other falsehoods, I'll be called a "Shill", "Fangirl/boy" or "addicted" just the same. I am NOT part of the hater crowd that abandons facts and logic simply because they're losing interest in the game, I can acknowledge that it's doing well even without me.
    To be fair sub numbers is something we can only guess. Nobody can disprove who is on top, cause Blizzard stopped reporting sub numbers, and Square Enix never even did. So the best we can do is make a very good guess.

But I get what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Didn't you know? Only those who like the game are logical and have a life outside gaming. Those who dislike the game either have an irrational hateboner, simply jumped on the hate bandwagon cause they don't have a single original cell in their body, and or spend all their free time and energy hating on the game.

I can't always tell if it is funny or sad.
    It's funny because in the WotLK-Cata days I was on the exact opposite side of it. It's a little surreal. I guess I fell to the evil irrational forces of "the haters"™

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Week one.
    Day three (four in the US).
    No Dungeon yet.
    No Raid yet.
    Season hasn't started yet.

Are you trying to be a parody?
    Some people have more foresight than the length of their little toe, sir.