Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Release a new update patch... to basic human nature, that would make it worth it to me personally to MMO again. Bonus points for fixing the WoW community at the same time in the same patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Removing factions altogether to eliminate the player divide and removing gear differences entirely from PvP.

A new engine. And a proper combat system like the Witcher 3, and the last 3 Assassin's Creed games.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    I can see what you're saying, and I have to agree. What I would wish for was Less RNG and no soft cap, make them as balanced as possible (which for blizzard is like wishing for a fucking unicorn) and make AP not locked to a single spec, It would have been nice if they added 1-2 mega-dungeons with 7.3.5. Also if they added more unique spells for each class/spec, even racial spells.
    Someone should hire this guy as dev.

Legion main problems were indeed leggo rng, AP not shared (not alt friendly), and for me - killing demo locks and giving demon hunters all of our cool stuff.

I don't see much luring me back.

The current wow engine is aging badly imo and it just severely limits the ability to do anything new or interesting or modern.

The worst problem is that the current developers are great at engineering and numbers, but horrible at fun and severely lack in creativity.

I want a fun relaxing game to play, and wow, with all its systems, and daily chores, just doesn't fit the bill.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    A massive WoW revamp that would make all content viable at max level. So that expansions aren't just resets of the game making old content useless, but actual expansions.
    All sets viable, all set bonuses viable, all raids properly raidable. So a new mmo is what I'd like.

Also 90% of mounts removed.

- Removal of power scaling content (Azerite/Artifact/Anima grinding)
    - Return to what made wow's content enjoyable (At your own pace grinds not weekly lockout crap)
    - Content outside of raiding and dungeons, world content, lore, filler, world pvp zone again (wintergrasp style this time).
    - Alternatively, removing factions entirley.
    - WoW 2, if they spent a few good years making it into a solid new franchise and had a multi-year vision for it (5-10 year plan at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically return to a WotLK-MoP core design, ditching *all* of these superfluous, currency and grind-driven systems we've suffered since Legion. No Torghast, no artifacts, no random legendaries, no mandatory personal loot, no weekly Renown or Soul Ash requirements. Just some dungeons, some raids, some casual content a la Timeless Isle, and good core design of classes and loot.

That will almost certainly never happen. Ion and his team will continue pushing metric-driven grindy bullshit and timegating their pitiful storytelling to oblivion, because no one seems to want to hold them accountable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Someone should hire this guy as dev.

Legion main problems were indeed leggo rng, AP not shared (not alt friendly), and for me - killing demo locks and giving demon hunters all of our cool stuff.
    Sure, I'll take Head Admin Dev position for Blizzard and bring WoW back to glory via Community based suggestions. Then Activision would boot me from the company for doing something helpful. lol
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    neither this one
    why? it is exactly same reason for me
    i find after waiting 9 months, i expect work of 2 patches at same time, at least release content equal or greater than 7.2
    and it isn't, it is average patch, at least for fuck sake release ALL content at patch day, nah let's still fuckgate it like we do to every patch since years, even if we fucking released it far later than usual
    i'll mostly sub late in this patch when ALL content actually available or wait for next patch to resub
    and i know that i'd sub for this patch if it was released 5 months earlier, but after 9 months, i expect content that is equal to 7.1 + 7.2 combined, not less than either
    they do know that the maw is one of worst laziest designed zones ever, is that supposed to be end game zone that compete with Suramar? really?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I'll take Head Admin Dev position for Blizzard and bring WoW back to glory via Community based suggestions. Then Activision would boot me from the company for doing something helpful. lol
    Actiblizz flat out stated they focus purely on profit not subs, and the work needed for 12 million sub of wrath era from usa/eu only (again, china banned wrath, unlike tbc where it had 6 million chineese player) costs a LOT more than current content + cash shop mounts
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Not sure it would be enough for me but reducing the difference that as few as 10-15 ilvl difference makes in PvP would be a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why? it is exactly same reason for me
    i find after waiting 9 months, i expect work of 2 patches at same time, at least release content equal or greater than 7.2
    and it isn't, it is average patch, at least for fuck sake release ALL content at patch day, nah let's still fuckgate it like we do to every patch since years, even if we fucking released it far later than usual
    i'll mostly sub late in this patch when ALL content actually available or wait for next patch to resub
    and i know that i'd sub for this patch if it was released 5 months earlier, but after 9 months, i expect content that is equal to 7.1 + 7.2 combined, not less than either
    they do know that the maw is one of worst laziest designed zones ever, is that supposed to be end game zone that compete with Suramar? really?

- - - Updated - - -

Actiblizz flat out stated they focus purely on profit not subs, and the work needed for 12 million sub of wrath era from usa/eu only (again, china banned wrath, unlike tbc where it had 6 million chineese player) costs a LOT more than current content + cash shop mounts
    Yeah, another factor of me...simply not re-subbing and never buying another expansion, is blizzard just selling out and becoming a slave and eventually incorporating Activision and their greediness.

1. Better community. I have not willingly PUG'd a random dungeon group since WoD as a tank, and gave up healing at the start of SL when I had the absolute GALL to make a mistake on the first boss in the first dungeon I ran on my newly 60 resto druid...and was subsequently eviscerated for it.

2. Better design. SL is for ME, a failure top to bottom. Gawdawful leveling experience any path you go. Stunning mistakes like not giving you enough XP from specifically labeled main line quests to make sure you are high enough level to pick up the next one in the chain, the worst one was being a few quests away from the big Ysera "reveal" (that you could see coming from 2 zones away) and being THREE QUARTERS OF A LEVEL SHORT. If you want me to do more quests to have enough XP, either make them main line tagged or take out the main line tag period.

3. For me to come back for whatever expansion comes after SL, SL would have to be folded into Chromie Time so if I so choose I can skip it entirely. If it is required to run SL (say if they make the new level cap 70, make you do SL for 50-60, and new xpac 60-70), I'm staying out. I got one toon leveled to 60, and one more toon through the gawdawful unskippable Maw intro. Can't do more. Even if they added a skip Maw intro feature like they did for WoD...and Legion...and BfA.

4. Better drop rates. I killed approximately 2 dozen dungeon bosses in SL dungeons and had TWO pieces of gear drop, only one of which was useful. I don't expect a piece of gear for every boss I kill, but dammit there has to be a better 'answer' than getting ANY kind of loot 8.3% of the time.

5. Less borrowed power systems. Less systems period. It really is Systemslands. Maybe I don't HAVE to do all of them, but they are daunting to figure out what I do want/have to do and what I don't have/want to do. Shouldn't have to dig up a bunch of outside info.

6. Better plot. Sick of Sylvanas. Sick of major plot points being OUTSIDE of the game, and in books and other forms of media.

7. Better developers. Not only has, again TO ME, WoW been in a steady decline since WoD in terms of quality, we need developers that actually engage with the more civil minded portions of the player base, and don't come off as well...a bunch of Elitist Jerks.

8. Flying. End the pathfinder or any other kind of timegating. It has been, and always will be, a middle finger from the Elitist Jerks who run the game towards the player base that revolted when they tried to stop flying. I enjoyed grinding out farming materials to sell on the AH to afford first my regular (which would fly slower than an epic ground mount, it was that long ago!) flyer, and then the grinding to get the gold for my epic flyer. You want to get rid of flying? Fine. Do it with WoW2. And make the zones decent to navigate on a ground mount, none of this Argus or Empty Fish Tank Zone crap. Or the SL zone crap. Or all of the other zones that are so horribly designed for non flying mounts, again as a middle finger to the player base.

The state of WoW actually makes me sad when I think about it, and how many thousands upon thousands of hours I sunk into it between 2006 and 2021. Without question time wise the most I've ever played a game. But I don't see my time played metric going up any more. I still have 3 months left on a 6 month sub, and I can't even bring myself to log in and play non SL content like getting my allied races leved, or my core races leveled/prepped reputation wise for heritage armor, and I LOVED that feature. Why? Because clearly they've thrown that off to the wayside. When was the last time we heard ANYTHING about heritage armor? It's actually quite surprising considering it is a time sink and could help boost /played metrics. Or boost/race transfer $$$, for the core races...
    Last edited by JABoyle3875; 2021-07-02 at 11:39 PM.

Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    Wrath/Cata/MOP "Classic" Servers

Jokes aside, I would love to see the return of our talent trees actually growing each expansion. For instance, from Wrath to Cata classes learned a new talent tree row at max level. Now all they do now apparently is make you forget how to use a skill/spell before the new expansion so you can re-learn it AGAIN at max level.

Also the return of class specific legendary weapons that existed pre MOP. This whole "legendary" boots, gloves and rings (LMFAO) is clearly there to appease a certain majority.

But that would not make me resub. Playing the same skinner box for three years was enough; I'll cherish the memories of soloing Kel'Thalas, Yogg, H25m LK and other mount bosses with my warlock during ToT and SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Wrath/Cata/MOP "Classic" Servers

Jokes aside, I would love to see the return of our talent trees actually growing each expansion. For instance, from Wrath to Cata classes learned a new talent tree row at max level. Now all they do now apparently is make you forget how to use a skill/spell before the new expansion so you can re-learn it AGAIN at max level.

Also the return of class specific legendary weapons that existed pre MOP. This whole "legendary" boots, gloves and rings (LMFAO) is clearly there to appease a certain majority.

But that would not make me resub. Playing the same skinner box for three years was enough; I'll cherish the memories of soloing Kel'Thalas, Yogg, H25m LK and other mount bosses with my warlock during ToT and SoO.
    Honestly The only way I could see blizzard doing something like that with talent trees is if they got DESPERATE for money/subs and decided to undo a fuckton of changes and made talent trees like that again...at least on retail anyways

I think the suggestions for a complete revamp at this point are not good. Too high of a risk to have what happened to SWG. They did exactly that and killed it. At this point, it would be better to make a new MMO and/or WoW2 instead of a total revamp of the current game.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

7+ Year Old Account
    A reboot. The lore is terrible

Also, stop making gimmicks to sell an expansion and then forget it afterwards

Delete void elves
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

To get my playing again: no more borrowed power, multiple paths to max ilvl beyond raiding (badges for gear and not limited M+ gear), reduce the number of systems and RNG on top of RNG, release all raid difficulties at the same time, no mythic only dungeons, flying fro the start in all zones or day 1 unlockable in all current zones.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    There's really not much they can do for me. Story has always been number 1 for me, gameplay second. The story literally jumped off a watery cliff in 8.2 and there was no recovering it. It was tentative before that but then it just kept getting progressively worse. They wasted so many major villains and characters in such a short time, started taking shortcuts or just expecting players to fill in the gaps in the writing which seems to be mostly fine on a micro-zone based level but the main story just became a void of hamfisted drivel and lazily predictable "story-telling". I don't care what happens to Sylvanas, no matter what they do it will be terrible. The character was swallowed up and lost all agency and interest a long time ago. The world is trashed by the mainline writers who don't bother to clean up their mess and leave it to someone else to try and make sense of, so the world building is just shot to hell. There's just no care anymore, there might be passion but it's not guided nor curated.

For gameplay, I generally liked the way all the classes i played felt in BfA, but dearly miss the more complex talent system. Sure you COULD do cookie cutter but you have the option to just do whatever, if people scream at you for not being optimal that's their problem. The level squish and mishandling of Chromie Time actually killed my desire to level alts. You blaze through levels but don't really feel much when you hit 10 levels in 2 hours, it's just a flash on the screen and you're handed some spells. And the way Chromie Time just boots you out when you hit the cap before the "main" expansion before you have a chance to finish a zone storyline is just ridiculous. They need to make leveling more meaningful again, it hasn't been since WoD, which despite its flaws had some good leveling ideas and the bonus spell effects you got were a nice way to not bloat but still improve your character. In BfA, without the Legion artifacts having talents, you have 20 levels to earn literally nothing once you hit 100.

And systems, the repainted Legion Systems have been pulled as far as they're going to go, and this time it's just bad. Waaaaaay too many systems, it's too much to keep track of if you fall behind and you have to invest way too much time for something supposed to be fun but has come off as "fill the bar and now you can join the fun". They have in a way kept systems in place from expac to expac like the mission table and followers but the resource collection game is dull and annoying. Too many currencies to use in however many different places that become useless or worthless in the next patch and that just creates bloat of a different kind. It's a lot of collecting for nothing, there's no unifying use for war supplies or garrison resources or anima between expacs. They just grow in amount and by the end of an expac you have so much there's no point in it, if you could use that stuff in a side thing such as housing or a guild hall where the expac-specific currencies could be used to get themed items from that era it might work better. An actual AQ style resource dump so you don't feel like you wasted time would have been nice too. It just all ends up locked away in your character screen and you generally have nothing to spend it on. There needs to be an end to the Grind, endless grinds are not healthy and not fun.

All in all, they need a drastic change in philosophy and probably a major shakeup in leadership. The game is just stagnating, it's not going anywhere, it's just treading water.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    All it would take would be for Blizzard/Ion to give Mythic Legion Raids a substantial damage multiplier and adjust some bosses to allow solo fighting. Ion has stated in interviews earlier that it would "be late in the expansion before mythic Legion raids can be done by most players." Farming older raids was one of my main interests. I am done with everything that I need up to Legion so changing the current "8X" multiplier to one resembling ICC or ToT or HFC would make me bring back 3 accounts.