Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Though this thread is about the mythic race...

What's your opinion on the boss difficulty on normal mode? What's the best order to do them?
    The order that is on the dungeon journal. The first wall that many groups will encounter will be painsmith which will be the 6th boss. After that maybe fatescribe can be a bit of a hassle. Then KT and Sylv should be the most dificult(and hopefully so).

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    The order that is on the dungeon journal. The first wall that many groups will encounter will be painsmith which will be the 6th boss. After that maybe fatescribe can be a bit of a hassle. Then KT and Sylv should be the most dificult(and hopefully so).
    Did not check the DJ by now.
    So Torghast boss > Eye > Nine?

From what I read "The Nine" is really movement heavy...

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Did not check the DJ by now.
    So Torghast boss > Eye > Nine?

From what I read "The Nine" is really movement heavy...
    It think you can choose between the eye of the jailor and the nine. The eye is definately easier.

You have some movement but it is not that hard. It is all mechanics we all have seen before (meteor looking thing, massacre, soak circles in the ground, you have a circle around you move away from other people until circle is gone, boss puts shield zone on the ground - move boss away).
    The only mechanic that might have not been seen is the debuff on 3 people (dunno if it is on normal) but not that hard to do that, just move all 3 people with debuff to preplaced marker on the edges of the room away from other people and dispell 2 of them.

There is only a possible bad overlap of the mechanics in witch you have 2 that requires people to be spread out and the meteor as well. At that time it is probably most eficient to have that person just run away and immune it/bop it/sac or even die and brez them.

We will see...

Our raid is just mega casual but was manage to do 7/10hc at the end of CN. But we will struggle in SoD for sure

Quote Originally Posted by keashaa View Post
    we will see...

Our raid is just mega casual but was manage to do 7/10hc at the end of cn. But we will struggle in sod for sure :d
    gl & hf

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I lost interest back in BFA.

I'd watch it if they sequestered the guilds and gave them only pre made characters to use. That would be interesting. Fed up with the whole who has most gold and the best WA designer thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    What's so fun about watching the same old guilds competing over world first race like some special ed kids fighting over the same color crayon they wanted?
    Oh you are so cool and bad ass. Must be top DPS player in LFR and horror of Molten Core.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    So the US guild <LIMIT> on the Illidan server is LITERALLY CHEATING. The guild leader (https://www.twitch.tv/limit_maximum) is currently sitting but will be screen sharing someone who is in during the fight and raid leading. Essentially they have 21 PLAYERS IN THE FIGHT. I Hope Blizzard will do something to stop this. Method is only using 20 players WHICH IS THE RULES.

I really hope a cheating guild doesn't win. Anyone else agree with me?
    It's community event, why the fuck Blizz would do anything as long as it doesn't break mechanics?

Hopefully some underdog will emerge and give a good fight to the domination of limit and method/echo
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    To be honest, I lost interest back in BFA.

I'd watch it if they sequestered the guilds and gave them only pre made characters to use. That would be interesting. Fed up with the whole who has most gold and the best WA designer thing.
    Yeah I hate what the race has turned into, it's literally just who has the most gold or who can do the most splits. Paragon was the last real guild of skill

- - - Updated - - -

Being able to see the fights, what does and doesn't work, blizzard fixing bugs for eu... def makes up for 16 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Yeah I hate what the race has turned into, it's literally just who has the most gold or who can do the most splits. Paragon was the last real guild of skill

- - - Updated - - -

Being able to see the fights, what does and doesn't work, blizzard fixing bugs for eu... def makes up for 16 hours.
    You could make a strong argument Paragon is the guild that popularized splits/alts for raiding.

Alt raiding / Splits has been a thing for top guilds since at least ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You could make a strong argument Paragon is the guild that popularized splits/alts for raiding.
    "Popularized" is a bit of an misnomer. It was a natural adaptation to changes Blizzard made to the game. After attunements were removed from the game it made sense to have players capable of playing multiple characters have alts ready for progression in case one class' toolkit is particularly well suited for a difficult boss encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i am more interested in what happens around the actual race.

aside from the state of the mythic tier in its inital state before hotfixes and nerfs,
    i like seeing the drama unrelated people cause around it.
    for me it is funny to see (presumably) adult people losing their mind over a videogame, insulting each other like some braindead idiots.

this tier i am especially waiting for how much the "WoW is p2w!" narrative will affect the rambling.
    I mean you can do this kind of stuff in football league to debate back and forth but okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So out of touch to not know mythic is 20 ppl and it would be the 21st player?

Or am I so out of touch to not know the 26th player thingy?

What's so fun to tell people whatever they enjoy sucks or is childish?

Not only that but just apparently waiting to pounce in minutes after a topic is opened?

Let us in on what you enjoy and I am sure we will have somebody come in and tell you haw childish THAT is.

Ok that's what pedophile would say but whatever suits your taste. Sick twisted freak.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-07-03 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Ok that's what pedophile would say but whatever suits your taste. Sick twisted freak.
    Straight to the nuclear option.

Bold move, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This meme so soon? We start memeing at around page 5, usually.
    "Mathematically Impossible" is usually reserved for 50+ though last I checked.

There might be a few memes that are reserved for later pages too
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    We doing memes?

Gingi raging cause the roids hit too hard.
    THDlock turning down for filet mignon and lobster for Twix and shakes.
    THE PIT

maeveycakes is a stonecold healer. no emotions on that monsters face.

Method who? We calling the controversy that causes the next mass exodus from the org yet or is that still a tier away?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Alt raiding / Splits has been a thing for top guilds since at least ICC.
    You're saying ICC a raid with limited attempts was where splits started?

SPlits didn't start until Cata dragon soul due to LFR and the exploit

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Thet is just so intentionally wrong. Ever heard of people watching football on TV?

- - - Updated - - -

But the 16hr advantage is very unfair, especially lately, when kills happened so close after a reset. Echo killed Sire within 18hrs of limit, even though they did quit early the day before, because limit had won.
    This could have been a photofinish, if Blizzard would get their shit together.

You can call me an Echo shill if you like, doesnt matter. Even limit acknowledges that this is unfair.
    What's the point talking about it though? There's nothing anyone can do. The timer is there to stay and sure, it sucks, everyone wants it to be the same... but that's down to Blizzard and they're never going to do that to cater 2-3 guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    You're saying ICC a raid with limited attempts was where splits started?

SPlits didn't start until Cata dragon soul due to LFR and the exploit
    You just described the reason why splits started in ICC. Guilds would use alt runs to practice bosses for extra attempts, and because ICC was heavily gated early on, to funnel gear to mains from normal mode until heroic unlocked. I had a friend in Tsunami back then that was one of the top oceanic guilds and I remember he mentioned they had a second run on LK just to practice mechanics before doing pulls in main run. Also I remember paragon said they did that for more attempts too.

In ICC it was just 1-2 runs, and for few guilds, in firelands it was about 3 runs and mostly for top guilds. Now top guilds do 7 runs and world 30-50th do 1 split.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    What's the point talking about it though? There's nothing anyone can do. The timer is there to stay and sure, it sucks, everyone wants it to be the same... but that's down to Blizzard and they're never going to do that to cater 2-3 guilds.
    It is not about 2 guilds it is about the people watching it. The more exciting, the more views, the more guilds.