Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Both new rep and research aren't nessesary if you're not minmaxer or progress player.
    Just do 3 dailies (10-15 mins) and you will eventually get it.
    I am... and sockets and conduits are no small upgrade.

But do keep defending horrible gamedesign with "hurr durr not mandatory", im sure you will find other linkeminded ppl to play and wipe with. But youll beat the boss eventually, whats a few hundred extra pulls to compensate for not grinding conduits and sockets afterall?

Im just hoping you really do find likeminded people and not drag a bunch of other more progress oriented ppl down by being an anchor, that's not very respectful of their time and effort.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by derekmmorgan94 View Post
    A majority of players have to recraft their same legendary in the same slot due to the conflict with domination gear. I know you think you know what you are talking about, but clearly not. ranking up a new legendary does not cost 5150 anima.
    crafting rank 5 or for that matter 6 cost the same amount of soul ash as rank 4 - 5150 soul ash, you just need soul cinders, and you will get soul ash in the same runs as soul cinders... people who wont recraft but rather upgrade their legendareis will require ABSOLUTELY NO soul ash, only cinders + base item...
    so no, it doesnt affect anyone, starting from scratch in 3 weeks doing both wings of torghast you will get materials to create rank 5 legendary no matter if its brand new or if you upgrade the old one, and you cant get it faster whether you start with brand new or if you already have rank 4 that you will upgrade, and in both cases you will need base item rank 5, so only thing "Extra" you will need are new missives...

"The chart below shows the TOTAL amount of currency needed to craft a Legendary of at each rank. If you are upgrading from a lower rank, you'll be able to subtract any currency that you've already paid, because you've already paid it.
    Rank Item Level Soul Ash Soul Cinders
    Rank 1 190 1,250 -
    Rank 2 210 2,000 -
    Rank 3 225 3,200 -
    Rank 4 235 5,150 -
    Rank 5 249 5,150 1,100
    Rank 6 262 5,150 1,650
    "
    source:
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...ting-upgrading

READ UP on issue before embarasing yourself further with your ignorance...
    and if you cant read with comprehension i believe Taliesin had video explaining it
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-05 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    crafting rank 5 or for that matter 6 cost the same amount of soul ash as rank 4 - 5150 soul ash, you just need soul cinders, and you will get soul ash in the same runs as soul cinders... people who wont recraft but rather upgrade their legendareis will require ABSOLUTELY NO soul ash, only cinders + base item...
    so no, it doesnt affect anyone, starting from scratch in 3 weeks doing both wings of torghast you will get materials to create rank 5 legendary no matter if its brand new or if you upgrade the old one, and you cant get it faster whether you start with brand new or if you already have rank 4 that you will upgrade, and in both cases you will need base item rank 5, so only thing "Extra" you will need are new missives...

"The chart below shows the TOTAL amount of currency needed to craft a Legendary of at each rank. If you are upgrading from a lower rank, you'll be able to subtract any currency that you've already paid, because you've already paid it.
    Rank Item Level Soul Ash Soul Cinders
    Rank 1 190 1,250 -
    Rank 2 210 2,000 -
    Rank 3 225 3,200 -
    Rank 4 235 5,150 -
    Rank 5 249 5,150 1,100
    Rank 6 262 5,150 1,650
    "
    source:
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...ting-upgrading

READ UP on issue before embarasing yourself further with your ignorance...
    and if you cant read with comprehension i believe Taliesin had video explaining it
    I apologize I saw a video back on a ptr video saying that each additional rank costs an additional 5150 but probably just said it wrong. I'm not embarrassed though. I still stand by my statement that blizzard does not think out these systems they push into the game. And with clear problems they cause that constantly get called out continue to poop on a majority of the subscribers they have left and that have left. I do apologize for misunderstanding that one part of that issue out of many issues that many people have with the game.

Now can you fix another issue that maybe I misunderstood? Same problem. Domination sockets/legendaries. As a leatherworker who ranked up to 4, mail and leather shoulders,chest, and helm I feel like it completely destroys the value of all my legendary base items as where a jewelcrafter has rings and neck that are still gonna bring in gold. Not only does it devalue my rank 4s and pick favrites among professions, it was a waste of gold and time that is not valued. Millions of gold in fact. And months of farming. On top of punishing those to have to buy overpriced base items on the AH instead of crafting it because my crafted gear is no longer good because domination shards...
    Last edited by derekmmorgan94; 2021-07-05 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its quite simple actually, so many people only do the raid for lfr and after they do lfr they just unsub for the patch gaiting it is the only way for blizz to get 2 subs of of them.

any way back on topic this patch isn't great but it isn't terrible its mediocre at best, might change for me with the raid who know, but 1 thing i do know is that after this raid im done with sylvanas, i think those that think this patch is terrible are done with the game and imo those people should move on, as sadly the only way to show bliuzz you don't like something is by quitting.
    Except with that logic people wouldn’t sub until the entire LFR wings were out and only pay for 1 month.

I still stand by my statement that blizzard does not think out these systems they push into the game.
    and that i can agree with, but this system is not the case, and its completely beside my point which was people are making huge issue out of nothing, which is true in this case (and many more in past), which actualy hurts the criticism of REAL issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I dont like Shadowlands and I wrote alot of why I think it falls short in the other threads.
    Time to write some positives. I thought it was really fun to level although I wished it was more than just 2 zones required of them all..
    You level within two zones if you do the complementary quests along the campaign. If you complete the campaign and start on an alt you get to ommit the campaign quests and just focus on all the side quests which amount to exactly four zones to level up.

Now can you fix another issue that maybe I misunderstood? Same problem. Domination sockets/legendaries. As a leatherworker who ranked up to 4, mail and leather shoulders,chest, and helm I feel like it completely destroys the value of all my legendary base items as where a jewelcrafter has rings and neck that are still gonna bring in gold. Not only does it devalue my rank 4s and pick favrites among professions, it was a waste of gold and time that is not valued. Millions of gold in fact. And months of farming. On top of punishing those to have to buy overpriced base items on the AH instead of crafting it because my crafted gear is no longer good because domination shards...
    well, we KNEW the rank 4 will not sell well as there will be new rank, so making crapload of them to sell in future is bad for you, BUT id argue its completely your fault, and have nothing to do with domination socket - people who have rank 4 wouldnt buy those base items, and people who dont have it would be more likely to buy rank 5 or 6 straight away, or buy rank 1 (for efect only) and then upgrade straight to rank 6, so this was bad investment on your side, but not being able to sell it in 9.0 is matter of market, not of blizzard, and loss of value in 9.1 would happen anyway...
    or do you mean just money sunk into ranking it up? if thats the case, then too bad you didnt make enough money with it to cover your expanse, but again not issue with system, just bad luck, others managed to make profit of it before patch...

to put it simply, you made investment call, and you f*cked up, bad for you, but not issue with game...

as for new ranks, just dont make those for domination socket, other will still sell, or make "chained" mark from archivist and 230 boe items to sell...
    as for new "best" slot being from other profesion, well shit happens, but its not really different than another legendary effect being bis due to stat scaling, or some tuning, so its more of a balancing issue than problem with a system

to be blunt, gold making through profesion always suffered from nerfs/tuning/game changes since vanila, and due to free market that cant be put on blizz, and it should always be expected
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-05 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I am... and sockets and conduits are no small upgrade.
    Do you plan to socket 226 ilvl?

When it will be actual, you already will have needed research level.

7+ Year Old Account
    farming the rep involves an incredibly obnoxious design...

Is anyone rank 4 yet? and how did you do it? Im getting like.. 500ish rep per day. and thats with over 2 hours per day spent on it. more than 4x time what i spent on stygia last patch per day.
    ive been rank 4 for 2 days now, coming on 3 with todays reset.

do rares, do treasusre, collect all the nodes, kill relic gather/gorgers, and collect rift stuff like the 4 korthia chests, and the 1 time anima vessels in the maw, also do zovaals vault, it gives you extra entires into the rift, anywhere you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Im just hoping you really do find likeminded people and not drag a bunch of other more progress oriented ppl down by being an anchor, that's not very respectful of their time and effort.
    As for performance - I kept 94% in prev season without upgrading conduits at all (I did all sockets though, but its not really a prob since I will not get all gear I need to socket in day1 of new raid release, so I will have enough time to farm research for that).

I find the Blizzard white knights to be just as irritating as the people who trash everything, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Do you plan to socket 226 ilvl?

When it will be actual, you already will have needed research level.
    Those already has sockets since long ago my sweet summerchild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ive been rank 4 for 2 days now, coming on 3 with todays reset.

do rares, do treasusre, collect all the nodes, kill relic gather/gorgers, and collect rift stuff like the 4 korthia chests, and the 1 time anima vessels in the maw, also do zovaals vault, it gives you extra entires into the rift, anywhere you want.

Hmm, Looked into this zovaals vault. Two questions, doesnt it require a key for me to do thou? Do i get more than one back? And is the chest always there? How long is the spawntimer? Is there risk that i "waste" my riftkey without finding it?

What are the 1 time anima vessels in the maw?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, Looked into this zovaals vault. Two questions, doesnt it require a key for me to do thou? Do i get more than one back? And is the chest always there? How long is the spawntimer? Is there risk that i "waste" my riftkey without finding it?

What are the 1 time anima vessels in the maw?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Full_of_Surprises

1. yes you need a key but you can get them randomly from rares/chests, you simply go to venari, pick up the quest, then you go get the vault, and bring it all the way to her, you can do this over 2 days, picking up the quest first, then bringing the vault to her the next day if you dont have enough time, as it can take up to 9 minutes to drag the chest all the way to her.

2. yes you get more then 1 rift key back sometimes, today i got 2 of the blue keys, which allow you to enter the rift anywhere.

3. yes the chests are always at one of these spots. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Full_of_Surprises

4. the anima vessels are tiny little treassure chests that only appear on your map while within the rift in the maw. once there you can find them and collect them, there is like 5 or so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ia_reputation/
    https://imgur.com/a/oZ2oapJ
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    This stopped being an excuse months ago
    Post like this make me wonder, do you follow any games other then wow?

Wows not in some unique position where only they are behind almost every studio or game has had delays many going into 2022 or further.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The game direction? Apparently its multiple systems that nobody wanted that conflict with each other because they know shills will still keep paying. Ahh yeah it's just me complaining. It's not like they didn't just drop off in subs and have so many complaints from literally half the playerbase. It's obvious they play the game? Please share how you know this. You are right, they do know the problems. At this point the developers are just incompetent. Thank god Final Fantasy overtook it and their subs are dropping. Maybe that will get some attention.
    It's obvious that WoW devs play the game because -- get this -- they're developers of the fucking game. It's only quaintly ironic that you responded to me asking you to post constructive criticism to simply double down on the negativity by saying that they're incompetent. You'd only be happy if the developers came out and said something like, "haha hey guys u remember all these systems u dislike? ye we're removing them all!!!!!!!!!11111" which is such a ridiculous expectation that it shouldn't even be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Post like this make me wonder, do you follow any games other then wow?

Wows not in some unique position where only they are behind almost every studio or game has had delays many going into 2022 or further.
    You dont have to look further than FF14 where they had two month delays twice (once for 5.3 and once for EW release).

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Haters rarely quit because they actually hate the game. They hate their addiction. I've never seen this game truly be terrible: but I've seen it a lot of times being boring to me or having burned me out: few people want to admit addiction or boredom because they would admit a personal fault so they prefer to blame it on "OMG 9.1 IS THE WORST PATCH EVER CREATED AND THE GAME IS NOW THE WORST EVER OMG BRING BACK VANILLA/TBC/MOP/LEGION" and other such nonsense that I've seen played on and on since early TBC (literally (people hated even that)).
    So true and fits on SO MANY PEOPLE here on this forum.

So its zero reasons to rush now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, we KNEW the rank 4 will not sell well as there will be new rank, so making crapload of them to sell in future is bad for you, BUT id argue its completely your fault, and have nothing to do with domination socket - people who have rank 4 wouldnt buy those base items, and people who dont have it would be more likely to buy rank 5 or 6 straight away, or buy rank 1 (for efect only) and then upgrade straight to rank 6, so this was bad investment on your side, but not being able to sell it in 9.0 is matter of market, not of blizzard, and loss of value in 9.1 would happen anyway...
    or do you mean just money sunk into ranking it up? if thats the case, then too bad you didnt make enough money with it to cover your expanse, but again not issue with system, just bad luck, others managed to make profit of it before patch...

to put it simply, you made investment call, and you f*cked up, bad for you, but not issue with game...

as for new ranks, just dont make those for domination socket, other will still sell, or make "chained" mark from archivist and 230 boe items to sell...
    as for new "best" slot being from other profesion, well shit happens, but its not really different than another legendary effect being bis due to stat scaling, or some tuning, so its more of a balancing issue than problem with a system

to be blunt, gold making through profesion always suffered from nerfs/tuning/game changes since vanila, and due to free market that cant be put on blizz, and it should always be expected
    Yeah pre-crafting at the end of a patch is dumb and you deserve to lose that gold at that point. My problem is not a bad investment. I don't care if I don't get my gold back. My problem is literally taking value away from a majority of the pieces that used to be BiS which hurts more players than not. It is literally giving some players an advantage over others. Depending on the profession/slots you ranked up you will need to spend millions in gold to get to where some people (such as jewelcrafters) are already. So not only is all the millions you spent wasted but now you have to spend millions more ranking up new ones while some players don't have to spend anything at all. It's not bad luck, it's bad design to punish select players and not others. Especially when a fix is as simple as adding an option to destroy a piece of domination gear that matches your legendary slot to get the domination socket added to the legendary. There are many ways to design around it, that's just an example. I understand it's a free market, that's how blizzard designed it to be just like how they designed legendary crafting and domination sockets. The problem is giving advantage to some people and disadvantaging others due to the conflict created by the system blizzard designed. The problem is not the gold. The problem is giving advantages to some players but not all when it can easily be fixed. If something can be fixed that effects many players then I would say that is on Blizzard. But agree to disagree I guess.