Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Isle of Thunder - 5.2
    Timeless Isle - 5.4
    Broken shore - 7.2
    Nazjatar - 8.2

Notice how none of these are a .1 patch?

For context:
    4.1 added 2 dungeons both of which were reworked raids and had significantly less content than 9.1
    5.1 added fuck all compared to 9.1
    6.1 added even less than 5.1 did
    7.1 added less content than 9.1 (Karazhan and a 3 boss raid) - still less than 9.1
    8.1 1 raid and warfront changes - less than 9.1

Patch 9.1 is the most content we have had in a .1 patch since patch 3.1 in 2009 which added Ulduar and Argent tournament. Argueably it's the most content added in any .1 patch ever as we get a raid + mega dungeon + new zone + story shit.
    Notice how none of those other patches took 8 months to come out either? This patch is still depressingly small for them having 8 months of time.

They should have had 9.1 four months ago and then 9.2 last week.

Its just a .1 expansion when a .2 should be soon, its not going to be anything but a disappointment, for those making it and playing it, blame the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    If you want people to debate you, making posts like that is not the way to go. People are allowed to like the game. And you do not have to work for Blizzard to like it either.
    Thanks for explaining that to me, I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    It is OK to expect more.
    You pay 63c a day with the most expensive sub model to play the game as is. Any expectations beyond that are just you being entitled.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for explaining that to me, I had no idea.
    Do you respond with sarcasm any time someone expresses joy for the game (even if the game is in a bad state)?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You pay 63c a day with the most expensive sub model to play the game as is. Any expectations beyond that are just you being entitled.
    how about expecting the game to function properly, eg no world lag , little to no bugs? am i entitled for expecting that?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Notice how none of those other patches took 8 months to come out either? This patch is still depressingly small for them having 8 months of time.

7 months, seriously its fucking easy counting, SEVEN MONTHS, not 8 not 9, SEVEN. With a pandemic going on that has pushed FFXIV 3 months behind.

Do I wish the patch came out early May, of course. I think early May would have been perfect. Even still I am content with what is in the patch for a .1 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

And it took as long to arrive as past .2 or even .3 patches did.

Shadowlands has had fuck all content.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    how about expecting the game to function properly, eg no world lag , little to no bugs? am i entitled for expecting that?
    Nope. You pay for the game as is. World lag is out of Blizzard's control. And we're talking about a game with a billion billion moving parts when adding or changing anything anywhere can break something completely unrelated anywhere else. There's a list of bugs, which they arrange by importance and difficulty. If a bug isn't game breaking or looks like it would take a lot of time to fix, it goes down the list.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Do you respond with sarcasm any time someone expresses joy for the game (even if the game is in a bad state)?
    I normally don't do anything honestly but if it makes you feel better I can start lighting a candle before wiping away a single tear and whispering 'thank you Ion' whenever someone tells me how great Shafowlands is.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Nope. You pay for the game as is. World lag is out of Blizzard's control. And we're talking about a game with a billion billion moving parts when adding or changing anything anywhere can break something completely unrelated anywhere else. There's a list of bugs, which they arrange by importance and difficulty. If a bug isn't game breaking or looks like it would take a lot of time to fix, it goes down the list.
    i know how bugs work thats why i said little to no bugs as for example when you fix a bug for 9.0.5 then add 9.1 there's a chance that when the code is changed a previously fixed bug can reappear in a new version or "patch" of a game like wow,

what about raiding? am i entitle if i expect to not suffer major lag during fights, people unable to log on be4 the raid or after getting dcd mid fight, boss being bugged making it impossible to kill, or even all of the above?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Lack of content, and boring gated grinds. The worst part is they want new players to try the game but have been very inconsistent and confusing in their endgame. Systems upon systems, countless clutter for your bags, and bandaids for mistakes they made.

This is the first expansion where I’ve skipped all raids and outdoor content. The bar of entry is hindered by RNG and there’s little reward for investing a lot of time (Torghast and raiding). M+ is uninspired with its cheap difficulty via affixes and timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

That is also true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    7 months, seriously its fucking easy counting, SEVEN MONTHS, not 8 not 9, SEVEN. With a pandemic going on that has pushed FFXIV 3 months behind.

Do I wish the patch came out early May, of course. I think early May would have been perfect. Even still I am content with what is in the patch for a .1 patch.
    Actually no, since Shaowlands launch was pushed back a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally don't do anything honestly but if it makes you feel better I can start lighting a candle before wiping away a single tear and whispering 'thank you Ion' whenever someone tells me how great Shafowlands is.
    You’re not really convincing anyone by mocking them. It’s clear what’s going on with a game, doesn’t mean you have to be a shithead towards someone of differing opinion, esp. someone who didn’t attack you.

A major patch lasting for 2-3 months. As usual. Guess it's time to abandon ship or something.

- - - Updated - - -

You have major patches every 5 months. How the hell do you manage a .2 patch 6 months after release?
    Where did develop this kind of mental gymnastics? Should anyone take you serious on this?

It is OK to expect more. There is already basically nothing to do. The raid will last for a little while and then people will go back to TBC classic. Why make new and expensive content when you can time gate new content for 3 months and then release a new phase in the classic variant. It's a great business move. It just means the game is bad.
    You're complaining about what the game has always been. Only there's more of it because the game is far more complex. The content in the current patch has always been the most relevant. Everything else in the world is farming resources to get there. There has never been a time in the history of WoW without timegated content. There has never been an MMORPG that doesn't have content that's time gated in some way. Be it with spawn rates, like Everquest, or with weekly or daily resets, like... well... every other MMORPG on the market.

If you don't like the game being that complex, fine, but don't expect a game to be something it's never been. That's a fool's errand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    A major patch lasting for 2-3 months. As usual. Guess it's time to abandon ship or something.

- - - Updated - - -

You have major patches every 5 months. How the hell do you manage a .2 patch 6 months after release?
    Where did develop this kind of mental gymnastics? Should anyone take you serious on this?
    Patch 5.0. : MoP Launch, Septemeber 25, 2012

Patch 5.1: Landfall, November 27, 2012

Patch 5.2.0 : The Thunder King, March 5, 2013

Patch 5.3: Escalation, May 21, 2013

= 238 days

Shadowlands Launch until 9.1

= 218 days
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-06 at 12:16 AM.

That is also true.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no, since Shaowlands launch was pushed back a month.
    ??? Are you trying to say it is 8 because they delayed the release? What ass backwards logic is that shit. You count from when it was actually released, which was November 23. 1 week of November, then Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May and finally June 26th. We have the week of November, but a few days left in June so basically 7 months despite whatever bullshit you want to make up, the facts are 9.1 dropped 7 months after release.

Patch 5.0. : MoP Launch, Septemeber 25, 2012

Patch 5.1: Landfall, November 27, 2012

Patch 5.2.0 : The Thunder King, March 5, 2013

Patch 5.3: Escalation, May 21, 2013

= 238 days

Shadowlands Launch until 9.1

= 218 days
    Which gave us some story in 5.1 along with the slightly revamed Krasarang wilds, 5.2 the ToT raid and Isle of Thunder, and in 5.3 a battleground, arena and some quests. in 9.1 we got a mega dungeon (count it against the 2 pvp additions), new raid (tick for tat), new covenant campaign (counter the new scenarios) new quests (counter the 5.1 quests) and new areas/revamped maw(krasang wilds). So altogether we are only missing the fact Isle of thunder is a bit bigger than Korthia?
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-07-06 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    ??? Are you trying to say it is 8 because they delayed the release? What ass backwards logic is that shit. You count from when it was actually released, which was November 23. 1 week of November, then Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May and finally June 26th. We have the week of November, but a few days left in June so basically 7 months despite whatever bullshit you want to make up, the facts are 9.1 dropped 7 months after release.
    The fact is that's still too long. 7 months, 8 months,. Hell 6 months is too long.

im sorry i just cant fathom how a patch thats6-7 days old depending on region can have a content drought