Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I liked it. However for normaly being so cunning it's kinda stupid to shoot 1 arrow at him like that. Why not keep his trust and backstab him later?

Lore masters, what does blue eyes mean?
    I think it was her soul? Or the other piece? He said a mocking comment about still holding onto her mortality. He looks like he threw a soul into her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So after all she has done, I still dont know the reason why. I thought they said 9.1 would explain this.

Like, what did she think the Jailor was going to do? Free us all? From what? From Azeroth? From Banana Bread Pudding? Its just action without any meaning.

Someone please explain, cause I must have missed out on some heavy shit. I bet the soulsplit would mean that she was just partly mind controlled all the time. Reminds me of someone.. Looool

Zovaal looks great in armor btw. What happens in the raid after the cinematic? She standing up, can you talk to some of the npc or something?
    the free us all part is there being life and death and how the shadowlands functions

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I can hear Talisien sum up this comment at the start of a new video. Have the name danuser in there as well and you are 100% you will be made fun off soon.
    Dumb characters and dumb story mean dumb writers.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it's more likely that she got back the good half of her soul for committing atrocities. either way, it makes little sense. she genocided a race to get the part of her soul that would rather die than genocide a race...
    i think the jailer did it to her as punishment. the emotional ... numbness, that undead seem to have may go away and she has to face what she did, and then face whatever comes to her from the forces of azeroth. He gave her peace, to have it ripped away from her again as she would be sent straight back to the maw if horde/alliance choose to slay her.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was some damned good villainy. Betrayed his biggest ally, then went out of his way to leave her to the very people she turned her back on in order to help him. Also returning her soul to boot, making sure that she had the presence of mind to feel guilty about what she had done. That's fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't see that as a redemption?

She attacked Zovaal for her own selfishness. Very much in tune with her overall characterization.
    The problem is everything else in the cinematic when it comes to her motivations: she seems perturbed when the other NPCs get enslaved, literally tells the Jailer that basically it's not part of the plan and tries to make the argument that it's not worth the time, and when the Jailer goes on his enslavement speech... that's when she acts. Combined with the previous in-game cinematics with her interactions with Anduin pre/post enslavement, it's extremely obvious that her choice at least contains a fair bit of selflessness. It was teed up well before this cinematic to be a redemption arc, and I don't think its over considering that her soul is whole now, but that leads to other issues...

All my issues revolve around the Jailer being insanely stupid, as his actions are worse than villain monologue tropes at this point. He's enslaved/MC'd all the NPCs and holds all the cards, and when Sylvannas rebels (which is not only terrible timing but terrible execution considering what she should be capable of) her efforts don't even register to him. So what does he do? Walk out of there like a boss with all the NPCs enslaved, potentially just killing Sylvannas for trying to betray him? Nope... after he just finishes talking about how everyone will serve him, he not only let's everyone go (sans Anduin, cuz we need him for future plot drama) and break their enslavement, but he also gives Sylvannas back her soul. And the ultimate question is... why in the bloody hell would you hamstring yourself?

I made an analogy about what basically happens in this cutscene. Imagine it's a poker game, and the Jailer has a royal flush. The scenario that plays out is that the NPC's fold their hands, Sylvannas reveals a pair of deuces... and the Jailer then folds his royal flush hand.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    For sure there is no other way of knowing that, only by forgiven and redeeming sylvanus, that is just superb.

ok buddy? i didn't knew you would get so triggered about the word "we". int he context of the forces of azeroth not needing a genocidal banshee

But you do you
    When you know that one has lost the argument and not willing to admit being wrong and trying to move the goalposts at the same time. Basically, trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Holy smokes, hahahaha!

I cannot believe that they really went with that. The story has been bad for years (arguably since WoW came out), but hot damn. This is a new low, imo.

I don't know, if you compare the story up until the end of MoP its actually pretty solid. It's no LotR, Name of the Wind etc., but its pretty solid.
    After that however...

wow much surprise very unexpected. said nobody ever

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    wow much surprise very unexpected. said nobody ever
    It kinda is... I expected something moronic but I didn't expect them to hit it so far out of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well I guess this is because of raid has just opened, and many people left who want to experience this cinematic in-game. But like/dislike ratio is telling, no amount of fake praise will hide ugly writing.
    So. it's not possible that people legitimately like it? Oh, right that doesn't fit your narrative so everyone who liked it is fake.Some projection of opinion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It kinda is... I expected something moronic but I didn't expect them to hit it so far out of the field.
    I mean we knew 100% they were going to redeem or at the very least restart the process of sylvanas redemption. (because blizzard) and they did

We knew the jailer wouldn't die/lose because he's not the final boss of this patch, ergo he must become empowered in some way (because blizzard) and he did.

The only semi-surprising thing is their commitment to keeping blondey corrupted/dominated by the jailer. But (and quote me on this) he'll get his savior/redemption arc eventually to, if not by the end of the expac

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    What.. these little betas are sending death threats to the writers now?! LOL. Those fat little basement dwellers aren't killing anything, they're not even leaving their houses. Maybe if they add 'assassinations' to the Uber Eats menu she might be in trouble... otherwise, hard to take that seriously.
    I, for one, think Christie and the writing staff are putrid at their jobs and should be replaced with damn near anyone…

That said, I can’t ever imagine sending someone death threats… especially over a games story lol. That’s so pathetic. This happened last year with the last of us 2 as well and it’s like “bro it’s a video game. Calm the f down”

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I wonder what happens now, zovaal will fight the titans? Or attack the slumbering azeroth titan?
    Iirc the consensus is that he's after Galakrond's remains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The Sepulcher is also mentioned in books in the new dungeon. It's clear the Sepulcher is being hinted at. Shame we don't see other hints of it in questing, even in this patch.
    That's because it'll be the setting for the final raid of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean we knew 100% they were going to redeem or at the very least restart the process of sylvanas redemption. (because blizzard) and they did

We knew the jailer wouldn't die/lose because he's not the final boss of this patch, ergo he must become empowered in some way (because blizzard) and he did.

The only semi-surprising thing is their commitment to keeping blondey corrupted/dominated by the jailer. But (and quote me on this) he'll get his savior/redemption arc eventually to, if not by the end of the expac
    Again it comes down to the degree of stupidly. Having slyvannas just realize at that moment after all the moronic things she did that maybe just maybe the jailer isn't a cool dude came as shockingly moronic.

I expected everything that happened I just expected a semi believable reason like the jailer abandoning her and it going like dragonball Z abridged.

https://youtu.be/675BKQjv42M

Time stamp 4:15
    Last edited by Crimson Spears; 2021-07-07 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't see that as a redemption?

She attacked Zovaal for her own selfishness. Very much in tune with her overall characterization.
    It's more that we've been handed the narrative tools for her redemption i.e. her soul is whole and good again and she's probably the key to defeating the Jailer.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    As I said, her relation with free will is shaky at best.

But she was not mind controlling anyone that you mentioned. She was trying to break Derek, but she did not mind controlled him.

The night elves were not mind controlled at all. It is pretty clear that she exploits the hatred that undeath brings, but no mind control happened. And, to this day, the best mind controlled example is one silverpine forest quest.
    those are literally forms of mind control

arguable, breaking then to a point of submition is even worse than just controlling then like puppets.

While I do agree that it certainly is fishy as fuck. She has never been caught mind controlling someone in Canon lore. Manipulating and exploiting, yes. Straight up mind control? Eh... Not as easy case as you think it is.
    she was trying to mindcontrol Derek to infiltrate and kill jaina, thats why Baine free him because she was going against the forsaken conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    When you know that one has lost the argument and not willing to admit being wrong and trying to move the goalposts at the same time. Basically, trolling.
    there is nothing "lost arguments", you are just being triggered by something minor, i talk "we" as the forces defending azeroth/against the janitor, we never need her before, is even funnier that you are trying to make this as trolling as some bad attempt of bait infractions fo something.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So. it's not possible that people legitimately like it? Oh, right that doesn't fit your narrative so everyone who liked it is fake.Some projection of opinion here.
    It is possible of course. But we see that amount of those who disliked this video is more than 2 time higher than of those who liked it. It does tell us a story. So you may choose to be Blizzard white-knight, it does not change a shit in the global picture.

Hmm... Ngl, I like The Jailer a whole lot more with his face covered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    It is possible of course. But we see that amount of those who disliked this video is more than 2 time higher than of those who liked it. It does tell us a story. So you may choose to be Blizzard white-knight, it does not change a shit in the global picture.
    That goes for every single video they release to their official channel at this point, unless it's extremely easy to stomach, aka a showcase. It's not the "gotcha" you think it is.

Calling people "White Knights" is a) Infantile and b) against the rules here, fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    the free us all part is there being life and death and how the shadowlands functions
    I thought it had a deeper meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    against the janitor, we never need her before
    Sorry for buzzing in, but I find "the janitor" amusing af

So easy, so effective!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-07 at 01:32 PM.

The simple truth is:

Sylvanas is insane.

There's no other logical option right now. Logic cannot drive Sylvanas' actions. She is clinically insane. There's no other in-universe explanation and there can't be. Not even the split soul thing. Like why should her eyes turn back to blue? Do all undead have parts of their souls missing and we just need to reconnect them to turn Lordaeron from undead land to human land again?