Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You started out with whataboutism. You have no leg to stand on here to accuse someone else of committing a logical fallacy.
    I started out with exposing your hypocrisy, then you delivered some more

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I mean your examples are completely psychotic and never existed in reality, but go off I guess.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-08 at 06:32 PM.

Why so afraid of a fair competition? If their ideology is so bad surely only very few people support that
    That's not pointing out "hypocrisy". Fascism is pretty objectively a bad thing, and these folks are pretty unarguably fascist. You ended with the strawman of, "Oh people only support good ideologies!" which, as already pointed out isn't fuckin true at all.

You're just here repeating buzzwords thinking it totally pwns some libs somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    do I really need to explain how the fall the Wilmar republic into the Nazi regime didn't happen over night?
    Regimes rise and fall, good and bad ones, the question is are you willing to remove competition just to keep your favorite one in power perpetually? That's a bit totalitarian, my friend

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Regimes rise and fall, good and bad ones, the question is are you willing to remove competition just to keep your favorite one in power perpetually? That's a bit totalitarian, my friend
    From your posting history, it's abundantly clear you don't even know what the right question is at this point. Were Nazi's "competition"?

Once again: I'm not a progressive. You pulling out the progressive bogeyman out of your ass does not expose me of anything. Try to think before posting next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And this, my friends, is where the fun ends.

If they attack the educational system, they need to be eradicated before they can indoctrinate entire generations with their retard.

Hunt them, lock 'em up. Since all of them are retards and prone to acting up on arrest, that should be easy enough. No mercy, maximum sentence in a mental facility for all of them.
    Can't just subvert democracy like that. It would be better for school boards to not have elected positions.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

*stares in putin fanboi*

Hasnt this sort of thing been going on from the way back when, when christian creationists and john bircher types realise how easy it is.

the 39 Qanon congressmen is probably just as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You heard him folks, opposing totalitarianism is totalitarianism

what, are you going to cry about it? why should I care about the feelings of people who don't even believe in democracy? politics is not about getting along, its about winning.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-08 at 05:31 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    At this point in the United States I have trouble disagreeing with you. Trump being reelected in 2024, even while in jail, wouldn't surprise me at this point. That section from Fall; or Dodge in Hell is prescient beyond measure.

- - - Updated - - -

The United States pulled back from national education once the conservatives realized their children and voters would actually receive a good education, and then realize how fucking stupid the right actually is in this country. So now school boards are elected, children are denied even a decent education in most parts of the country, and we're headed right off the abyss.

When I ask Endus about Canadian entrance requirements, I'm not joking anymore. I see Gilead as the final resting place of the United States.
    The Canadian public education system is better, but I don't know by how much. Average testing scores are declining for both literacy and math, but not substantially year over year. But I think the percentages of students who are really good at math as well as those who are really poor at it, now is larger than it was say when I was in high school. I'd have to dig up the data on the testing year over year going back to 2000 but the 2013-2018 data I found for Ontario suggests that. I was never very good at math because memorization wasn't my strong suit. The upside to colleges and universities now is that students aren't forced to memorize a slew of different formulas in math, it's provided on your exams and you have to show you can calculate it. It's certainly helped with my apprenticeship, and I've actually gotten better at memorizing formulas that I have to use every day as part of my job. There's definitely a lot of improvements we should be making to education here though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what, are you going to cry about it? why should I care about the feelings of people who don't even believe in democracy? politics is not about getting along, its about winning.
    There's only the other side crying about conservatives winning some schoolboard elections in this thread so far. The very thread started with it

There's only the other side crying about conservatives winning some schoolboard elections in this thread so far. The very thread started with it
    Q nutters aren't "conservatives", they're conspiracy theorists.

Unless the two have become one, in which case we can say that modern conservativism has committed suicide and been fully consumed by the extremist conspiracy theorists they've spent decades entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The United States pulled back from national education once the conservatives realized their children and voters would actually receive a good education, and then realize how fucking stupid the right actually is in this country.
    The thing is, a national school system or centralization is not even necessary. Many countries especially in Europe consider public education a "devolved power" so, it's often administered at the local/regional level. Nevertheless, the people running it tend to be career professionals/administrators.

It's not a flawless system, nor is it completely immune to political meddling, but it's sure as shit better than having Karen, Young Earth Creationist, QAnonMom and the Grand Wizard of the local chapter of the KKK deciding what should be in the school curriculum.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-07-08 at 05:48 PM.

I don't even understand why you would elect anyone without a background in education to a school board. I mean elections, OK, if the choice is between two actual educators who are, you know, scientists.

And also: how do companies even decide between two people right out of high school? Does every company research every school what it actually teaches to get a grip of their applicants? HR must be a horror job in the USA (and also the biggest department considering how frequently you guys seem to fire people).

and they have every right to continue voicing their opinions, keep having those people live rent free in your head.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You still don't understand that QNon's aren't conservative. They are fascist conspiracy theorists. We literally fought a war to defeat people like that. You might have heard of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The thing is, a national school system or centralization is not even necessary. Many countries especially in Europe consider public education a "devolved power" so, it's often administered at the local/regional level. Nevertheless, the people running it tend to be career professionals/administrators.

It's not a flawless system, nor is it completely immune to political meddling, but it's sure as shit better than having Karen, Young Earth Creationist, QAnonMom and the Grand Wizard of the local chapter of the KKK deciding what should be in the school curriculum.
    Agreed. The United States has the resources to be the greatest nation on the planet - hands down - but we continue to slide down into the abyss because of our political system and our archaic version of education administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Its South Carolina. Considering that the other board members are a Klansman, a Confederacy LARPer, a Tobacco Company Lobbyist, an Ayn Rand Fetishist and Chad(TM), I'm reasonably certain the kids are already in trouble. Adding a member of the Ron Watkins Fan Club isn't likely to hurt more.
    Yeah... that sounds like... they need to be rescued.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I don't even understand why you would elect anyone without a background in education to a school board. I mean elections, OK, if the choice is between two actual educators who are, you know, scientists.
    Because parents know more than career professionals in education. Also, because I don't think there are any real requirements to run for school board anywhere. Pretty much, "Are you alive, a non-felon, and do you have a GED? If yes, you're qualified."

Because expertise is bad and we just need some down home folksy wisdom. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well...heh, you aren't gonna fool me twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

And also: how do companies even decide between two people right out of high school? Does every company research every school what it actually teaches to get a grip of their applicants? HR must be a horror job in the USA (and also the biggest department considering how frequently you guys seem to fire people).
    HR is a massive industry in the US and hiring is often outsourced to third parties (not uncommon in Europe either to be honest). Unfortunately in the US specifically HR evaluations often account for more than just your academic background (tho at college level where you graduated is typically a good indicator of the quality of education you received), background checks run by HR companies are borderline dystopian and often involve AI, credit evaluations, social media background checks etc. The extent banks, lenders, financial institutions, potential employers and even landlords/home owner associations are allowed to get into your private life is often outright illegal in the rest of the free world.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-07-08 at 05:59 PM.