Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

For ALL non World first raiders

PLEASE stop the constant QQ about not liking your cov choices - play whatever you like as if you are outside the top 10, even the top 100 famers, it and your performance do not matter.

Enjoy the game!

Thanks for your opinion. But I'd still choose the covenant that shows the highest numbers.
    Why? Because I can... and some people are actually looking for META class/cov combos for their group.

(and I really like Venthyr ability and theme)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-07-11 at 08:54 AM.

What is there to enjoy in the game other than seeing the numbers go up?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

But as a WL all my choices suck. Every ability I am offered is shit. I rather have no ability at all than those I am offered.
    Which is nice, since I won't miss any of them once SL is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. But I'd still choose the covenant that shows the highest numbers.
    Why? Because I can... and some people are actually looking for META class/cov combos for their group.

(and I really like Venthyr ability and theme)
    a sarcastic ''thanks for your opinion'' followed by doing exactly what I recommended - picking the cov you like. Brilliant stuff xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    that's my point, your numbers won't go up enough to compensate for gameplay/lore you do not prefer so unless you are a top level player (which you may ofc be) the number gain is not worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heresy detected!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    a sarcastic ''thanks for your opinion'' followed by doing exactly what I recommended - picking the cov you like. Brilliant stuff xD
    As you see I mentioned higher numbers first, the theme and ability is just a bonus. I was Night Fae before(9.0).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As you see I mentioned higher numbers first, the theme and ability is just a bonus. I was Night Fae before(9.0).
    I'm pleased you followed the advice.

Yeah hi, as a warlock every single one of my covenant abilities are shit so I don't have to worry about that so much. Shout out to Venthyr for being an actual DPS loss to use at launch (idk if that changed). You know, the combo that a ton of warlocks went for because they wanted to have a covenant that fit their aesthetic...

Just because you can play anything doesn't mean it's acceptable that some combinations are absolute dogshit and borderline detrimental to choose. That's just bad design to force players into a choice that they don't know they might regret later unless they look at online guides. If they were all close in value that'd be one thing, but I know for a fact that warlock isn't the only class with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I don't play my best covenant, still top the damage meters in a CE guild.

Covenants are overrated. Work on your own gameplay skills first.
    amen to that!

people tend to use the meta bcs it SIMS better, but in many cases vast majority cant play it properly and would do better with something that feels more "natural" to them

Many players have a metagaming mentality nowadays, as shown by the armory stats that we got, there are very few players that actually have chosen their covenant "for fun".

And why wouldn't you?
    Yes the main factors why you're not beating this normal or heroic or late in the patch mythic boss will be missing player skill and or bad tactics, but raw numbers will still always help and make it easier.
    Knowing that you wiped at 1-2% because several players in the raid don't have the "right" covenant doesn't help that.

It's also just a mentality thing, why can't i multispec on my tripple dd spec class to the fullest when i could for over 10 years or so? Why is the game actively hindering me to play 1 or 2 of my classes specs to their full potential? different gear sets (secondarys) should be enough work for that, covenants and the slow legendary grind really screw multispec players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    people tend to use the meta bcs it SIMS better, but in many cases vast majority cant play it properly and would do better with something that feels more "natural" to them
    There is an argument to be made here but for many specs i play this isn't the case/random.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-07-11 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Many players have a metagaming mentality nowadays, as shown by the armory stats that we got, there are very few players that actually have chosen their covenant "for fun".
    how can we have stats like that when we dont know WHY someone picked the covenant...

- - - Updated - - -

There is an argument to be made here but for many specs i play this isn't the case/random.
    id say that in most cases it depends on player, not on the class, and if you have talent row with one passive and one active where active is simming a bit better for casuals passive is usualy better performing...

Being optimized is part of enjoying the game. I played sub-par covenants before, and then switched to the proper one and the game became way more enjoyable. Not having Mindgames in PvP blows ass! Same with PvE. Kyrian was a slot machine I got tired of gambling with on my Rogue.

I bounced about all four factions, seeing what each had to offer (story, goodies, inn, abilities) then went back to the one that was the most fun to smash dragons in the face with. Don't regret any of it. When I resub, looking forward to pushing the renown through to flying level, or whatever it is I have to do.

how can we have stats like that when we dont know WHY someone picked the covenant...

- - - Updated - - -

id say that in most cases it depends on player, not on the class, and if you have talent row with one passive and one active where active is simming a bit better for casuals passive is usualy better performing...
    To be fair i meant the raiding playerbase (and not only the 1-2% CE raiders, i mean normal and up).
    Most specs had like 90%+ chosen the same covenant a few weeks into Nathria, that's statistically a bit too much to just be "i promise i only loved the lore/aesthetics and it's just a coincidence that it's the numerically best covenant." also not like fire mages and warlocks have a lot to do with Nightfae for example xdd
    Edit: I would have to search that up but i even think that the outliers where you had a significant other covenant was pretty much: yeah that are the pvp enjoyers.

I agree on your second point but we're talking about covenants and not talents.
    Covenants all have one active ability that's not really big brain to use in most of the cases.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-07-11 at 10:46 AM.

Most covenant abilities aren't so deeply rotational that picking the strongest one would be a dps loss over a simpler but weaker option. Hell, I'm not going to say anything concrete because I don't have time to look it up but a non-insignificant number of them basically boil down to "press on CD".
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

true, why try to get better at anything if youre not going to be the best in the world?

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    When hunting those tiny number increases make you hate the game?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I agree on your second point but we're talking about covenants and not talents.
    Covenants all have one active ability that's not really big brain to use in most of the cases.
    considering most inclined to single covenant from begining were classes with aesthetics and power in the same covenant its kinda hard to decipher without any other information... especialy since you dont know what that player do, as some covenants are best for raiding but terrible for pvp, so without knowing if he does only part of content or all or whatever you cant even say he picked "best"...

for example frost dk (i know that best as its my main) VAST majority picked necrolord, but... its not best at ANYTHING, literaly, its not literaly bad for everything, but its not "best", so did the people choose it bcs its good overall (so are other covenants) or bcs of aesthetics? really, without actualy asking people, we have no clue...
    not to mention its not like people choose power or aesthetics, there are dozens reasons to pick one or another, friend of mine is kyrian DK bcs he can use mount in their class hall (seriously, that was his reason )
    and lets not forget there is a huge casual crowd choosing whatever guide tells them, as they dont realy care and just want to play, not think about it...

as for warlock night fae... eh, i think for affi its great fit (definitely better than bones, blood or angels), as its about decomposition and decay and life cycle, to me that fits affi extremely well, but thats matter of opinion...

as for covenant, well, i guess they are all active abilities, but some disrupt the "normal" rotation less, for example night fae dk ability replaces regular death and decay, so its basicaly only improved version and for casuals it should be easier to handle than fiting another ability into rotation, but it comes with stacking strenght buff you have to utilise...
    so for casuals some are more difficult to handle to their full potential even though they are all active

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    true, why try to get better at anything if youre not going to be the best in the world?

/s
    using what someone tells you sims best is not trying to be better though, id say quite contrary...
    picking what you like and trying to make most of it is trying to get better