Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The city of Tazavesh?

So, i was watching this Asmongold video of Tazavesh:

And, is it just me or does Tazavesh, the Veiled Market feels like it could serve as a potential future capital city for the Brokers?

I don't know... it gives me massive Suramar and Mechagon cities vibes.

Suramar and Mechagon, for comparison:

In order for that to happen, Brokers would need to become playable. The problem is that they don't have a distinct male and female models (through, there are distinct gendered characters) and that they don't have faces. Despite all of this, they seem to have several unique animations:
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=173558/broker#modelviewer

I don't think races needs to be playable to have capital cities tbh... seems like an odd stretch to make it seem more likely that they maybe will become playable? Feeding into your own wishes?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So, i was watching this Asmongold video of Tazavesh:

And, is it just me or does Tazavesh, the Veiled Market feels like it could serve as a potential future capital city for the Brokers?

I don't know... it gives me massive Suramar and Mechagon cities vibes.

Suramar and Mechagon, for comparison:

In order for that to happen, Brokers would need to become playable. The problem is that they don't have a distinct male and female models (through, there are distinct gendered characters) and that they don't have faces. Despite all of this, they seem to have several unique animations:
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=173558/broker#modelviewer
    I like this. Maybe instead of male female they could make it based on class? Like that 4 armed dude as a warrior? Not sure though
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

As is usual in Shadowlands, Brokers are a rip-off of something else (Maw = Icecrown, Maldraxxus = Scourge), in this case the Brokers are a rip-off of the Ethereals. Therefore it would simply make more sense to make Ethereals playable and incorporating the new assets and aesthetic made for the Brokers into them.

If the Ethereals were to become playable they would undoubtedly join the Alliance, as the Ren'dorei are fellow mortals twisted by the Void (they even have a racial called "Etheral Affinity"), and Alleria Windrunner leader of the Ren'dorei is personally tutored by the Void Ethereal the ominous Locus-Walker.

So in other words why make Brokers playable when you can make the "OG and infinitely more popular Brokers" playable instead?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I don't think races needs to be playable to have capital cities tbh... seems like an odd stretch to make it seem more likely that they maybe will become playable? Feeding into your own wishes?
    Have you seen a capital city being given to players without their main race being playable?

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I like this. Maybe instead of male female they could make it based on class? Like that 4 armed dude as a warrior? Not sure though
    No need to quote the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As is usual in Shadowlands, Brokers are a rip-off of something else (Maw = Icecrown, Maldraxxus = Scourge), in this case the Brokers are a rip-off of the Ethereals. Therefore it would simply make more sense to make Ethereals playable and incorporating the new assets and aesthetic made for the Brokers into them.
    Obviously. I just haven't seen an updated Ethereal city recently.

I, myself, believe their models would be used for the Ethereals (which, are outdated).

If the Ethereals were to become playable they would undoubtedly join the Alliance, as the Ren'dorei are fellow mortals twisted by the Void (they even have a racial called "Etheral Affinity"), and Alleria Windrunner leader of the Ren'dorei is personally tutored by the Void Ethereal the ominous Locus-Walker.
    True.
    They're also close to the Draenei, as both are space-faring races.
    Plus, the Horde already has a greedy race: the Goblins.

So in other words why make Brokers playable when you can make the "OG and infinitely more popular Brokers" playable instead?
    I simply don't know which one they are gonna go for.

Lot of brand new assetts for “just” a dungeon, you might be onto something although I am not sure if it would be used as a capital city.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen a capital city being given to players without their main race being playable?

No need to quote the whole post.

Obviously. I just haven't seen an updated Ethereal city recently.

I, myself, believe their models would be used for the Ethereals (which, are outdated).

True.
    They're also close to the Draenei, as both are space-faring races.
    Plus, the Horde already has a greedy race: the Goblins.

I simply don't know which one they are gonna go for.
    Don't tell me how to live my life!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Brokers don't even crack my top 10 for potential playable races. I'll be very disappointed if they're added over Ogres or Murlocs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    How would they make most armor work on them exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Lot of brand new assetts for “just” a dungeon, you might be onto something although I am not sure if it would be used as a capital city.
    Right?
    I don't think they would just drop these art assets after this.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Brokers don't even crack my top 10 for potential playable races. I'll be very disappointed if they're added over Ogres or Murlocs.
    Mine neither.
    Ogres are coming, i believe.
    Murlocs are not.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Same way they have mechagnome armor work and just hide half the slots.

Right?
    I don't think they would just drop these art assets after this.
    No reason to assume they would. Given that they basically go anywhere and collect anything, they could always come back in some capacity later on (assuming they don't have more to do in later Shadowlands patches). Someone else mentioned that they're very similar to Ethereals, and I could very well see the devs getting the two involved in something.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Same way they have mechagnome armor work and just hide half the slots.
    Question is, how do Brokers look like naked? do they come with clothing by default?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    No reason to assume they would. Given that they basically go anywhere and collect anything, they could always come back in some capacity later on (assuming they don't have more to do in later Shadowlands patches). Someone else mentioned that they're very similar to Ethereals, and I could very well see the devs getting the two involved in something.
    Could be that they're saving it for future Ethereal architectural style.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Someone else mentioned that they're very similar to Ethereals, and I could very well see the devs getting the two involved in something.
    IIRC there was a blue post saying something about that, something about the etherals and brokers not being the same but potentially having some sort of connection somehow.

Who knows what they'll pull out of their ass.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It feels like a capital, where Oribos feels like a dungeon...
    This 100%.

Question is, how do Brokers look like naked? do they come with clothing by default?
    I assume they would have basic broker parts with the chest, belt, hands, shoulders and half legs being transmogable. Its possible they would have a default cloth chest by default but they could also have like some kind of mechanical looking core or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This 100%.
    Oribis feels like a hub.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I assume they would have basic broker parts with the chest, belt, hands, shoulders and half legs being transmogable. Its possible they would have a default cloth chest by default but they could also have like some kind of mechanical looking core or something.
    Hard to imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Oribis feels like a hub.
    Oribos *is* a hub, literally and figuratively. In-game it serves the purposes of connecting us to all points of importance in the Shadowlands via Portals and/or flight points, including the giant portal where we leap into the Maw. In lore, Oribos is quite literally a transit system for souls previously judged by the Arbiter - surrounded by infinite floating gateways to the afterlife realms. Oribos feels like what it functionally is.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Oribos *is* a hub, literally and figuratively. In-game it serves the purposes of connecting us to all points of importance in the Shadowlands via Portals and/or flight points, including the giant portal where we leap into the Maw. In lore, Oribos is quite literally a transit system for souls previously judged by the Arbiter - surrounded by infinite floating gateways to the afterlife realms. Oribos feels like what it functionally is.
    Unlike Tazavesh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Unlike Tazavesh?
    Tazavesh is where the Brokers live, and they apparently have needs and wants that parallel most societies (e.g. commerce, entertainment, sustenance, etc.) Oribos isn't meant to be a living space at all - and in fact, the caretakers there set up what few niceties exist purely for our benefit. They have no need for society as it were, as they are purely functionaries serving in an entirely functional space.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead