Poll: What do you think the 5th character will be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The poll shows that basically blizzard community hates new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Or people like both, but there was never an option for that in the poll and they prefer their favourite class that hasn't been shown instead of an unknown class that they don't know even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I don't think it's that.

It's more that Blizzard doesn't have a phenomenal track record with their innovations. They're polishers, not innovators - they can take something and bring out the best in it, but coming up with something new isn't where their big strength lies. Not anymore, anyway.

I don't think paladin fits this sad wrecked world, too institutional. Cleric: holy/shadow, could easily have pets, melee build

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I love the throwbacks but I have to say I'm still craving for something new. Definitely looking forward to DLC or Expansion classes.
    Ya dnd base classes -> alt classes in DLC, like in wow, is a good way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by KaneLivesInDeath View Post
    Something brand new... hopefully.

I'm not sure about the formula they follow for classes being added in Diablo. Does it go by if it's a melee to ranged class ratio? Theme/flavor?

It seems for D4 we have 1 pure melee (Barbarian) and 1 pure ranged (Sorceress) with the Druid and Rogue being able to do both. Could the next class be another pure class or hybrid class?

...bring back the Bard!
    You can't bring something back that never existed.

Blizzard tends to copy ideas between D3 and WoW. D3 got the monk in 2012. WoW got the monk in 2012. So let's run with that in this post.

Diablo 4 was announced in 2019. BfA was current. They didn't add new classes. But Legion did. Legion added a double-jumping glaive-user that shot laser beams out of its demon eyes. So we might get some sort of WoW demon hunter in D4 (yes I know the name is taken in D3, they can call it something else).

Another choice might be Tyrande's night warrior. That emerged in BfA. Its not a class, but it could be. She's basically a Star Elf. Maybe D4's version would be a Star Warrior, some kind of tanky class covered in stars.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

My guess is still a holy knight with polearms, twohanded swords and 1h + shield options, though I guess they could do something like a demonologist as well, being a bit more like a warlock while still hitting some necromancer and summoner themes.

I'd like to see a spellcaster type Clerical character. Maybe some sort of Church Inquisitor or Exorcist.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Do they never learn? When they announced Crusaders for RoS, please were already asking "Fine, when are we getting Necro?". People wanted it so much they had to add it anyway and unfortunately I expect the same money grabbing scam happening again. What else can sell an expansion better, huh?
    Because Paladin/Crusader are more iconic than Necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Boy I dunno about that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Boy I dunno about that.
    What's not to know? The Holy Warrior vs the Forces of Evil type shit is way more Iconic than the Necro. That and D2 Hammerdins and Auradins were a far more commonplace.

Tbh I would play anything as long as the rotation is pleasant. If they added a steampunk alchemist for example, something that doesn't appeal to me whatsoever, I'd still happily play it if the rotation was correct. On the other hand, if the rotation is clunky I wouldn't play even the coolest class I could imagine.

So whatever they add, I hope it's something smooth so that at least it's an option for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 common diablo archetypes not yet covered are holy warrior and summoner. At a push Druid could be argued to be a holy warrior on a tecnhicality, and it does fit into the sort of strenght/int area of paladin and crusader. I find it hard to believe the game launches without a summoner type class because every arpg has a not that small minority who love that playstyle. I would lean towards summoner being more likely but the silhouette on the character page of the website definitely looks more like a paladin/crusader.
    Last edited by Zelk; 2021-07-17 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's not to know? The Holy Warrior vs the Forces of Evil type shit is way more Iconic than the Necro. That and D2 Hammerdins and Auradins were a far more commonplace.
    For a Diablo game... No, not really.

The reason why I think Necromancers are way more iconic to a Diablo franchise is because of their unique take on the whole Necromancy trope that directly ties to the world of Sanctuary. Diablo is not really about Good vs Evil when Angels, who are supposed to be servants of the Light (aka the Good), shown they can be as dangerous to humanity as Demons are. Both sides only seek advantage in manipulating Nephalem to solve their petty Eternal Conflict. Necromancers believe in balance between the opposing forces and ideally want to free Sanctuary from this power struggle. Lastly Rathma, the founder of this philosophy, is a direct child of Inarius and Lilith who are going to play huge role in Diablo IV.

On the other hand Crusaders and Paladins are just a classic Holy Knight schtick being slightly adjusted to fit the franchise. Considering both classes had equal number of appearances in the games, Necromancer with a stronger lore takes the win in my book.

necromancer is really amazing in its own right. im sure plenty would put it above paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand Crusaders and Paladins are just a classic Holy Knight schtick being slightly adjusted to fit the franchise. Considering both classes had equal number of appearances in the games, Necromancer with a stronger lore takes the win in my book.
    So you are just completely going to skip the whole Zakarum Faith being an important part in the Lore. Being the ones that guarded the Soulstones and Mephisto and the Paladins being the main Soldiers of said group. There is no "slightly" adjusted, they are a strong part of the Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The 2 common diablo archetypes not yet covered are holy warrior and summoner. At a push Druid could be argued to be a holy warrior on a tecnhicality, and it does fit into the sort of strenght/int area of paladin and crusader. I find it hard to believe the game launches without a summoner type class because every arpg has a not that small minority who love that playstyle. I would lean towards summoner being more likely but the silhouette on the character page of the website definitely looks more like a paladin/crusader.
    Not even close. If anything the Druid is closer to the summoner archetype. More of a pet class if desired it will be the default "summoner" class at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy I dunno about that.
    Paladin/Crusader are two of the most popular/most played classes in D2 and D3. While Necro is iconic, the Paladin is more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Paladin/Crusader are two of the most popular/most played classes in D2 and D3. While Necro is iconic, the Paladin is more so.
    To be fair, necro was the most powerful class in D2 for like the first 5 seconds because corpse explosion scaled with HP very very well. Then Blizz nerfed it and necro became a very weak class for years until buffs several years later. Paladin was always a strong class. Even tho necro was so weak for so long, it was still very popular. Had necro been a strong class for the entire run of D2 like paladin, I think necro would have far and away been the most played class.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are just completely going to skip the whole Zakarum Faith being an important part in the Lore. Being the ones that guarded the Soulstones and Mephisto and the Paladins being the main Soldiers of said group. There is no "slightly" adjusted, they are a strong part of the Lore.
    Oh shit, what a surprise. An order of Holy Knights defending stuff against forces of evil, so unique. Even the corruption is not the most unique thing ever, zealots and inquisition is common trope as well.

I am not saying they are unimportant to the lore, I am just saying they are a mostly a rebranding of the same old shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    What Kokolums said about D2 and plus Crusaders in D3 have been consistently outperforming other classes with multiple builds. I don't remember a time when they didn't have at least 1 build in S tier when it comes to seasons.

Oh shit, what a surprise. An order of Holy Knights defending stuff against forces of evil, so unique. Even the corruption is not the most unique thing ever, zealots and inquisition is common trope as well.

I am not saying they are unimportant to the lore, I am just saying they are a mostly a rebranding of the same old shit.

What Kokolums said about D2 and plus Crusaders in D3 have been consistently outperforming other classes with multiple builds. I don't remember a time when they didn't have at least 1 build in S tier when it comes to seasons.
    Necrosis have been top dog for a very long time. So much so there are constant complaints on the official forums about D3 being P2W. Crusaders were only tops recently with LoVs first season as a set. It's been nerfed each season since.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, necro was the most powerful class in D2 for like the first 5 seconds because corpse explosion scaled with HP very very well. Then Blizz nerfed it and necro became a very weak class for years until buffs several years later. Paladin was always a strong class. Even tho necro was so weak for so long, it was still very popular. Had necro been a strong class for the entire run of D2 like paladin, I think necro would have far and away been the most played class.
    And to be fair the hily knight archetype is typically the most popular class in games across the spectrum. It is no different in Diablo. Whether it's because of the classes being more powerful(not typically the case), or because it is a better role to play(hero in shining armor/good guy trope), the Paladin type has always been a more iconic class than Necro classes.