Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Seriously, what do you really want to see I. World of Warcraft ?

To be honest, all this cosmos higher gods and super higher is sorta interesting and I’m like okay.

But it’s not that engaging, and the constant horde and alliance ramble got old and tired a long time ago.

I really just want more down to Earth interesting developments. They’ve got so much racial lore and racial developments from all the lore each race has and now their allied races and sun races to do a lot of interesting stuff.

Why not continue to advance the story of the races? I really find what the blood elves or night elves and the various races are up to and their fantasy at this point a lot more engaging than the pantheon of death and the order of the first ones and the Before ones that came before them.

There is so much left to explore a d continue on the story
    Of the races to make content engaging and exciting without going all over the cosmos.

I find talking about my favourite races just more engaging then anything the main storylines have to offer. I think that is saying something.

I think a world revamp and a good set of stories for all the races is needed

Current Thread Warnings:

This thread is not about Madeleine Roux and related memes - let's pivot back to the original topic of the thread.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-21 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added Thread Warnings

This is what heritage armor was supposed to accomplish, and instead we've gotten half of the total races and most of the stories they've told haven't been either good or relevant

Literally anything involving the Ren'dorei.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Shadowlands does feel like procrastination on the writer's behalf. Like how starting new projects is more fun than continuing on existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    This is what heritage armor was supposed to accomplish, and instead we've gotten half of the total races and most of the stories they've told haven't been either good or relevant
    Heritage armor quests are not even scratching the surface.

Maybe it’s just me, but I just find what the blood elves are up to and details about Thalassians a lot more interesting than the first ones and the pantheon of death.

If these things specifically impacted my fave race and they showed how bringing out more depth and exploring more of the blood elves past, present and future, then great. I’m interested. But without the connection. It’s far too abstract.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Shadowlands does feel like procrastination on the writer's behalf. Like how starting new projects is more fun than continuing on existing ones.
    More like a bait I believe. I don't know why I got so emotionally engaged in this lore. I remember the thing with the Sword in Silithus when I was farming Azerite for two years because I wanted to really find out what's going to happen or be able to really heal Azeroth. Then the plot just went off and I felt like a total idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I think the writers don’t understand what players find interesting the most.

As a developer sure you may want to find out the afterlife of all the great heroes. But the community is heavily invested in its own camps. I’m pretty much only
    Interested in Karl’thas that’s it, so I’m not feeling out in wonder at all the other shit cos it means nothing to my fave race.

My character has no character in the story, my race is the story representation of me and who I’ve been coaxed to side with but I get so litttle of it like the devs don’t know what we find most interesting.

Do they even follow their forum posts to see which topics get people most excited about or get them talking the most?

I can assure you fave races are amongst the highest by a good deal. Of the non complaint topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less humans, orcs and elves. More LITERALLY ANY OTHER RACE.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    More like a bait I believe. I don't know why I got so emotionally engaged in this lore. I remember the thing with the Sword in Silithus when I was farming Azerite for two years because I wanted to really find out what's going to happen or be able to really heal Azeroth. Then the plot just went off and I felt like a total idiot.
    Yeah, the least they could do is use the actual sword to stab N'Zoth. Seemed such an obvious Chekhov's gun.

I want to see that the Blizz devs are actually listening to the players instead of doubling down on anti community strategies, excessive quantities of rng grinds, class design that is an iron tunnel with little room for creativity and a storyline that doesn't make me care about what is around the corner in the game.

Classic Warcraft RTS archetypes (classes, races) that are properly represented in WoW.

As much as I like them expanding on the lore, we have a lot of classic archetypes that just don't have any representation at all, and there really should be.

Stuff like Tauren being able to use their giant totems, Goblins and Gnomes finally getting (combat) mech suits in some form, anything that harkens back to how the RTS units were so iconic.

10+ Year Old Account
    what i want to see is either reset or jump 100 years and start fresh new lore that is already built for MANY exp so we get ZERO retcon ever again
    I hate current state of bullshit lore, but i still prefer 100 year jump over 'reset' because i hate idea of just 'reset' to cancel anything even if u don't like, and i assure u i don't like a LOT of current wow lore
    That's for lore
    Gameplay is easy, give me wrath talents + MoP class design, improve on it, do NOT delete anything from it at all
    for professions: again wrath style, each profession had its own unique buff and utility
    return back to duel spec, give ur spec a little more meaning, instead of now just random roll everything
    honestly most of wrath was great except LFG, remove that
    remove WQs, dailies are way better, at least u know there is a quest in that zone today anytime u log, instead of random bullshit wq that some stay 6 hours, some stays 3 days, some stays 12, so random u can't plan anything (at least accurate, which on long term IS a big deal)
    Lastly and again really important, stick to ur guns, if u kill Kael, don't ever return to him, i hated how he died, but i hate even more digging his grave, I hate Illidan return, create new characters, it says something when most successful pure wow character is a character u flat out admit that half of lore team didn't know what other half was doing with him in Cata (Garrosh if not obvious)

Another really important part: be honest, Ion as wow player is almost exact opposite of Ion as game developer, he is supposed to be head designer of wow, the guy who has the last say of everything, did he really change, or he is forced to design game that please higher ups? BE HONEST, who IS in charge exactly? Why is Danusur, a guy universally hated, the worst toxic fan of Sylvanas who has her body pillow, in charge of lore!? why did u hire a writer for 2 books who is flat out feminazi anti-white males only because she is cousin of a higher up in actiblizz?

Will that improve wow? it will improve blizz itself imo not just wow, will they do that? No way, u don't listen to cockroaches opinion, and Kodick view of us even lower than cockroaches as his talk implemented before

And before anyone say u must 'work', u don't need to be pilot to understand if a helicopter crashed or not
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Lore-wise I'm more interested in developments on Azeroth than I am in any cosmic force. Titans were cool when they were MIA and mysterious, but once Blizzard turned off the metaphorical fog machine and whipped off the sheet they were kind of...eh. I expect the same thing to happen to the Shadowlands Titan-like figures.

I'd rather a ton more writing about new events, developments and characters on Azeroth. I'm not too worried about the writing being bad so much as there just not being enough to supplement it. They don't explore anybody or do much to develop a character unless they're an expansion tentpole and have cutscenes made of them. I'd have liked to follow our squad from BFA through what they're doing now. Give me a short story about Turalyon adjusting to regency or the Horde coming to terms with their change in government. Or maybe some explanation as to why Sylvanas' sisters aren't involved in her downfall so far, or if they'll interact with her now and what that looks like post-defeat. Do people know about Anduin? If they do, how does someone like Valeera react to the news? Shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Less humans, orcs and elves. More LITERALLY ANY OTHER RACE.
    Well I clearly want them to shift from Arbitrary focused like the Arbiter and Zovaal to basically how these events affect the player races.

Shadowlands is great for an expansion true, but they aren’t advancing the story of any group really, which is what we are attached too.

Blizzard seriously nee to tell race stories all the time and an expansion from the perspective of races as a primary focus rather than a side or secondary one

My point is, this is what is most interesting about wow lore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I want to see that the Blizz devs are actually listening to the players instead of doubling down on anti community strategies, excessive quantities of rng grinds, class design that is an iron tunnel with little room for creativity and a storyline that doesn't make me care about what is around the corner in the game.
    Ahah. This. The story one doesn’t make me care about what is round the corner in the game.

And nothing that happens is really trustworthy because they almost always change or retcon stuff from the past in an annoying way.

I admit blood elves are a bit lucky in that respect, but things must have been horrible for night elf fans when they shifted from the sort of presentation in Wc3 and war of the ancients to what they got in wow.

But the level of ignore most other races got to only be updated many cycles later. It’s like the most interesting part is the one given least attention.

The races. Factions may be easy to do because it’s just two, but it’s races people wanna follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Classic Warcraft RTS archetypes (classes, races) that are properly represented in WoW.

As much as I like them expanding on the lore, we have a lot of classic archetypes that just don't have any representation at all, and there really should be.

Stuff like Tauren being able to use their giant totems, Goblins and Gnomes finally getting (combat) mech suits in some form, anything that harkens back to how the RTS units were so iconic.
    Agreed. Not only no representation on lore but also little depth.

Even the ones they have a lot of lore about have little depth. How little they’ve actually delved into the Farstrider lore for Thalassians despite the amount of times they’ve used the race. How little they’ve shown of the cultural star impact of the night elves for which they are even named and clearly shows up in their classes and their welll of eternity founding lore. AWOL.

How often have we heard of the Atama’i crystals which are a major part of the Draenei and their power with Crystal tech it’s almost as if only the light part exists where we seldom get to see this brilliant caster race expressed.

Then shift to the Tauren. We see more expression of Druidism which in lore is a tiny sect of followers, yet how much mystery revolves around their Earthmother who like the night elves’ stars is mentioned but never delved into much culturally. Same with the An’she and sun worship we know almost NOTHING about.

Speaking of which, how does the sun play such a large symbolic focus for the blood elves even mentioned in their lines and yet I am avid fan know nothing about how it relates and bears down on their culture, their classes etc. How does faith apply with Thalassians?

We even had to second guess that the void elves’ void was a pragmatic philosophical and scientific magical study approach rather than a religious one and guess it helps with how they are better at handling it and not resorting to madness. But it isn’t explored U.K. depth.

Do we even know the tenets of faith of the Order of Elune that seems to be such an Elbereth/Eru level impact for elves and Ofc we are seeing much mention of, but don’t even know or see what their faith means or applies.

I could go on for every race, let’s not even start about tinkers and alchemists for goblins and gnomes.

Tons of stuff thrown in, much of it cool and great to have. None of it expanded on. Or utlilsed. Like they don’t know how to race or world build properly anymore.

Why are the books so few and far between too? Why no series to promote your lore and engage people?

Did you watch the Dragon Orince? How hard is it to do something like that where you get to discover so much more of a race by just seeing such a portrayal.

Most RPG games have NOVs carry a lot of info when you click on them. Provide useful tidbits about a race and location - why do wow nova do none of that when there is so much info to be had?

Look I live new stuff and we should definitely always get new stuff but we should also get depth and expanding on earlier stuff introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what i want to see is either reset or jump 100 years and start fresh new lore that is already built for MANY exp so we get ZERO retcon ever again
    I hate current state of bullshit lore, but i still prefer 100 year jump over 'reset' because i hate idea of just 'reset' to cancel anything even if u don't like, and i assure u i don't like a LOT of current wow lore
    That's for lore
    Gameplay is easy, give me wrath talents + MoP class design, improve on it, do NOT delete anything from it at all
    for professions: again wrath style, each profession had its own unique buff and utility
    return back to duel spec, give ur spec a little more meaning, instead of now just random roll everything
    honestly most of wrath was great except LFG, remove that
    remove WQs, dailies are way better, at least u know there is a quest in that zone today anytime u log, instead of random bullshit wq that some stay 6 hours, some stays 3 days, some stays 12, so random u can't plan anything (at least accurate, which on long term IS a big deal)
    Lastly and again really important, stick to ur guns, if u kill Kael, don't ever return to him, i hated how he died, but i hate even more digging his grave, I hate Illidan return, create new characters, it says something when most successful pure wow character is a character u flat out admit that half of lore team didn't know what other half was doing with him in Cata (Garrosh if not obvious)

Another really important part: be honest, Ion as wow player is almost exact opposite of Ion as game developer, he is supposed to be head designer of wow, the guy who has the last say of everything, did he really change, or he is forced to design game that please higher ups? BE HONEST, who IS in charge exactly? Why is Danusur, a guy universally hated, the worst toxic fan of Sylvanas who has her body pillow, in charge of lore!? why did u hire a writer for 2 books who is flat out feminazi anti-white males only because she is cousin of a higher up in actiblizz?

Will that improve wow? it will improve blizz itself imo not just wow, will they do that? No way, u don't listen to cockroaches opinion, and Kodick view of us even lower than cockroaches as his talk implemented before

And before anyone say u must 'work', u don't need to be pilot to understand if a helicopter crashed or not
    They did that? Who is the feminazi writer btw?

I agree with you on the time skip as opposed to just reset everything.

Saying that, seeing how well finally fantasies reboot went I’d love something like that, but no reason it can’t be a fast forward 100 years as wow doesn’t need a hard reset really - I mean do we trust that if they reset they would actually do a decent job or just further mess up what we love by totally retconning it out??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Lore-wise I'm more interested in developments on Azeroth than I am in any cosmic force. Titans were cool when they were MIA and mysterious, but once Blizzard turned off the metaphorical fog machine and whipped off the sheet they were kind of...eh. I expect the same thing to happen to the Shadowlands Titan-like figures.

I'd rather a ton more writing about new events, developments and characters on Azeroth. I'm not too worried about the writing being bad so much as there just not being enough to supplement it. They don't explore anybody or do much to develop a character unless they're an expansion tentpole and have cutscenes made of them. I'd have liked to follow our squad from BFA through what they're doing now. Give me a short story about Turalyon adjusting to regency or the Horde coming to terms with their change in government. Or maybe some explanation as to why Sylvanas' sisters aren't involved in her downfall so far, or if they'll interact with her now and what that looks like post-defeat. Do people know about Anduin? If they do, how does someone like Valeera react to the news? Shit like that.
    100% on board with you here. You get an update on a character or race and that’s it. Gone again for years. YEARS.

Why not write a lot more about them for a season before easing off on them fir a while?

Look how long it took for Tyrande to do anything and she was still back seat to Jaina and Sylvanas. And Lor’tenar like many other leaders still Harley does anything and means nothing.

They really need a lot more lore coming out.

Lore in game in particular and I never i up desktops why we couldn’t have several books throughout an expansion telling adventures of the races and creating new stories we could have characters introduced in patches or advanced playing more roles, raid bosses having more personality but especially fleshing things out and showing what is happened.

Granted you don’t update the old world. But at least you can progress the story in books and NOCs

7+ Year Old Account
    Reset to wtLK, and do a cataclysm better and start again from there.

Racial campaigns and Life quests.
    The class campaigns in Legion were too focused on one faction. All Paladins belong to the Silver Hand? what? no, i wanted to feel the impact of the Blood Knights, the Hand of Argus and the Sunwalkers as well.
    I wanted to see the Order of Elune, the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow and the Church of the Holy Light, not for all of them to be identity-less in the Conclave.
    Same as with SI:7, Shattered Hand, Deathstalkers and Gnomeregan Covert Ops. Why did they have to be all part of the same predetermined order?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

Warhammer Online got this right. That game perished due to WoW's peak popularity. It would've been way more popular today.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked and the private servers are quite active and even create new content. Interesting.

Honestly, I do miss the old times when we was "Commander" like in wod, instead of being "The chosen one!" I miss running around to defeat the big major villain in our back garden instead of visiting a new plane of reality and i just feel going into the next expansion we will drift further away from being "The hero of our faction" and become the "Chosen one of all reality"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    They did that? Who is the feminazi writer btw?
    Madeleine Roux

Don't u love being born cousin to someone who can get u jobs? remember bust ur ass studying and get degree so u can fuck urself with it since working now need relatives not actual study and hard work
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

A totally revamped Quel'Thalas for the Sin'dorei Horde players (and Horde players in general.)

Have it interactive, with voice dialogue. Involve Lor'themar, Rommath, Liadrin and Hauldoran of course...but maybe bring in some smaller characters that were used but people also liked, like Scout Captain Elysia of the Sunreavers.

In a void based expansion, have Amani Troll begin wielding the void in an attempt to destroy the Sunwell. Have Void Elf radicals, who have been outcast from the Alliance, who believe that giving into the whispers of the Void is the way forward for their people. Involve the Naga and have a Blood Elf vs Naga storyline.
    Restore the Ghostlands and the whole Western side of the zone from Tranquillien to the West, is owned by the Blood Elves.

Perhaps see some old faces from the old TBC Quel'Thalas, like Apprentice Mirveda who has grown to become a powerful Blood Mage or indeed, Blood Elf Warlock. Maybe the Blood Hawks of Eversong get something alongside the Thalassian Dark Rangers, under Velonara's command?

A restored Ruins of Silvermoon! Flying in Quel'Thalas! More lore for the Blood Elf Priests!

This is something that I'd love to see, as a Sin'dorei fan.

Obviously, their are other things, but I just want something for the Sin'dorei since they are my favorite race and will likely, always be my favorite race.