Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Youve gotten more screen time than gnomes and theyve been in the game for 17 years

You will get your spotlight when the void expansion comes
    I don't care about gnomes. Gnome players, all 30 of them, will care about gnomes. It's not my problem and has nothing to do with what I said.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Also for the underrated and underused races such as the dwarves, the gnomes, the Darkspear trolls, the Taurens, the Pandarens, Arakkoas or Ogres to get more screentime and spotlight from time to time.

It's a real shame that Ogres that were the second most important race of the Old Horde, rejoined partially during WC3 and got their lore revealed in WOD and Chronicles aren't official members of the current Horde, while Arakkoas could bring some innovation and a cool culture and history to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Would serve as a nice pivot away from the blood elf human marriage.. cos face it Thalassians and humans have been intertwined for most of hte race's existence - if the focus was to pivot way with blood elves being finally their own independent group and high elves and void elves continue the Thalassian human relationship, we could have some genuine blood elf stories.

I'm thinking the naga/ethereal/amani would make good enemies, b ut i'd also like to see some high elf/void elf politicing, areas of both conflict and friendship. rather than steer blood elves towards humans, let the draenei be the strong cross factional friendship.

Humans have high elves and void elves anyway, so why not Draenei play a larger role ? That's been the direction of the story too?
    Amani don't really work for me, because while there is a feud they swear fealty to Talanji, who is a part of the Horde. Unless they would go completely rogue, which i doubt.

Could say that the Naaru within the Sunwell is beginning to influence people and introduce some Army of the Light related plot, which could tie into Turalyon, while Aleria would be trying to find out what the hell a Naaru truly is and Azshara would be trying to sway elves from the various splinter groups to try and reform her empire of old.

Why i think the light in sunwell being a problem could be interesting is because they can't just try to suck it out, because it would turn void, but they also can't leave it, because they would risk becoming Lightbound.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Amani don't really work for me, because while there is a feud they swear fealty to Talanji, who is a part of the Horde. Unless they would go completely rogue, which i doubt.

Could say that the Naaru within the Sunwell is beginning to influence people and introduce some Army of the Light related plot, which could tie into Turalyon, while Aleria would be trying to find out what the hell a Naaru truly is and Azshara would be trying to sway elves from the various splinter groups to try and reform her empire of old.

Why i think the light in sunwell being a problem could be interesting is because they can't just try to suck it out, because it would turn void, but they also can't leave it, because they would risk becoming Lightbound.
    Well actually...the Amani section at Dazar'alor port - those trolls are all hostile to the Horde. If you go their, the Amani Trolls will attack you.

I don't think the Amani are all too willing to be apart of the Horde, since to them - the Horde have let them down before.

No matter what - Amani and Sin'dorei will always hold a deep resentment towards each other and due to the Sin'dorei being on the Horde, they are included in that. At the time when we first reach Zandalar, the Zandalari are not officially members of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Well actually...the Amani section at Dazar'alor port - those trolls are all hostile to the Horde. If you go their, the Amani Trolls will attack you.

I don't think the Amani are all too willing to be apart of the Horde, since to them - the Horde have let them down before.

No matter what - Amani and Sin'dorei will always hold a deep resentment towards each other and due to the Sin'dorei being on the Horde, they are included in that. At the time when we first reach Zandalar, the Zandalari are not officially members of the Horde.
    True, however there is a strong case to be made for them being shut down hard through diplomatic channels, before it has a chance to escalate. The two times they were an issue, in recent memory was due to Zul'jin mobilising them and later Zul the Prophet's Zandalari forces supporting them. My point being that they basically always require heavy outside support to be a legitimate threat, which they're certainly not getting from Zandalar and they hate humans almost as much as High Elves so not taking stuff from Aliance either.

(I might be remembering wrong, but didn't basically all the tribes swear alegience to Talanji after Rastakhan died?)

I was leveling my toons in Burning Crusade Classic and realized that I just simply want simple localized lore, regardless of race/creature.

I agree that fighting pantheon, titans, gods, etc.. it's such a large scale. They need to go back to the basics.

True, however there is a strong case to be made for them being shut down hard through diplomatic channels, before it has a chance to escalate. The two times they were an issue, in recent memory was due to Zul'jin mobilising them and later Zul the Prophet's Zandalari forces supporting them. My point being that they basically always require heavy outside support to be a legitimate threat, which they're certainly not getting from Zandalar and they hate humans almost as much as High Elves so not taking stuff from Aliance either.

(I might be remembering wrong, but didn't basically all the tribes swear alegience to Talanji after Rastakhan died?)
    Not by my knowledge.

Only the Zandalari Tribe pledged loyalty to Talanji and to the Horde - along with the Darkspear cousins.

The Sandfury, Drakkari and Amani are nowhere to be found. These tribes have never been on good terms with the Horde - not since the Second War when the Horde retreated from Quel'Thalas and left the Amani on their own, where Alleria, Sylvanas and the Farstrider retinue made quick work of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I was leveling my toons in Burning Crusade Classic and realized that I just simply want simple localized lore, regardless of race/creature.

I agree that fighting pantheon, titans, gods, etc.. it's such a large scale. They need to go back to the basics.
    From what I can see - Blizzard seem to be under this illusion (damn you Nightborne), that bigger means better.

That's not always the case, because the bigger something is, the more explanation is needed. Like the whole WoD thing - they tried to do some time travel, AU and they tried to explain it about 3 times and they never truly succeeded.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-07-20 at 04:29 PM.

The Zandalari Trolls only have a symbolic power on the various Troll tribes, the other trolls respect them in general but only follow their direction and orders when they are willing to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post

The big ideas and large scope narratives are a good selling point for expansions and making simple tag lines. WotLK and Cata probably did best in terms of balancing localised and global narratives. Ideally the local narrative would both be self contained and feed into the larger story.

Would be good to finally solve the local and regionnal problems, Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Quel'thalas, Westfall, Winterspring, Feralas and others have been neglected for far too long without even a good excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Not by my knowledge.

Only the Zandalari Tribe pledged loyalty to Talanji and to the Horde - along with the Darkspear cousins.

The Sandfury, Drakkari and Amani are nowhere to be found. These tribes have never been on good terms with the Horde - not since the Second War when the Horde retreated from Quel'Thalas and left the Amani on their own, where Alleria, Sylvanas and the Farstrider retinue made quick work of them.
    Fair enough, but still they rarely step up without outside support, which they're quite unlikely to get. MEaning that unless there is a huge opening they're unlikely to stir up much.

Fair enough, but still they rarely step up without outside support, which they're quite unlikely to get. MEaning that unless there is a huge opening they're unlikely to stir up much.
    That didn't stop them in TBC, when it was a Sin'dorei vs Amani conflict.

Nor did it stop them before the Blood Elves even joined the Horde, during the Eversong and Ghostlands questing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't care about gnomes. Gnome players, all 30 of them, will care about gnomes. It's not my problem and has nothing to do with what I said.
    Exactly. @Candy Cough

This system of wait you’re turn is just not satisfactory enough.

Players want full race development in addition to whatever expansion story

@userbame993720 and @ravenmoon are spot on. We need racial campaigns that ran like Legion order halls but more advanced.

Or something akin to the depth of the covenant system but for races.

But racial campaigns need to advance the race’s story. Not just related to the current expansion but deal with stuff on Azeroth that concerns them

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It's a real shame that Ogres that were the second most important race of the Old Horde, rejoined partially during WC3 and got their lore revealed in WOD and Chronicles aren't official members of the current Horde, while Arakkoas could bring some innovation and a cool culture and history to the Alliance.
    You're absolutely right.
    They were part of the Old Horde, Horde of Draenor, Dark Horde, New Horde, Fel Horde and Iron Horde. Yet, they are still unplayable. They are what i would consider a crucial part of the Horde's identity.
    Same goes for Forest Trolls.
    They were part of the Old Horde, Horde of Draenor, Dark Horde and New Horde. Yet, they are nowhere to be seen.
    Meanwhile, the Alliance got their missing High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves, which were part of their identity as the Alliance of Lordaeron and the Grand Alliance.

I don't know about Arakkoa, as they don't seem to lean towards neither of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KaneLivesInDeath View Post
    I am in agreement with this. Would love to see to antagonistic forces (compared to us, the good guys) face off against each other.
    Would definitely be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Would be good to finally solve the local and regionnal problems, Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Quel'thalas, Westfall, Winterspring, Feralas and others have been neglected for far too long without even a good excuse.
    Gnomeregan and Gilneas becoming fully functional cities would be a wet dream

@userbame993720 and @ravenmoon are spot on. We need racial campaigns that ran like Legion order halls but more advanced.
    Class order halls were too homogeneous. They didn't let the different orders of a certain class shine. I don't want to see, for example, the Night Elves as a homogeneous race. I want to see the different orders being represented: the Highborne, the Priestesses of the Moon, the Wardens, the Cenarion Circle and perhaps even the Illidari.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-20 at 05:53 PM.

Was just talking with the wife about this. Here's our take:

It was mentioned time works differently in the Shadowlands. So whenever this xpac is done and we return to Azeroth, its been like 3000 years or something. All of our deeds and conquests have turned to mythology. There are statues of us in our respective capital cities. Horde & Alliance have made & maintained peace. The world has gone from the traditional fantasy/medieval world we know to industrialized nations. All the things that should have been restored and protected (Gilneas/Darkspear/Quel'thalas/Westfall) are fixed.

The legends (and old soldiers) say your character led an army into the realms of death to stop Sylvannas and exact revenge on the horrors she's committed. You united the heroes of Azeroth to save Azeroth from certain doom. And you were successful. But time marched on back home.

You never returned. Neither did Jaina or Baine or Bolvar or Anduin. The factions moved on and rebuilt. Reorganized. The world you came home to is not the one you left.

You defeated The Burning Legion, Arthas, C'thun, Deathwing, Archimonde, Yogg-Sarron, N'Zoth, Azshara, the resurrected Thunder King, and the literal soul of Argus. You walked among the stars and killed gods.

You try and explain this but no one believes you. There's no way you could be the vaunted hero of Azeroth. You are just another adventurer trying to spin a tale in the tavern.

What you are, is broke. Your gold isn't good in this world anymore. The currency is even completely different. But that farmer over there will give you 3 schillings to gather up 10 boar livers.

(It would be a hell of a ballsy move to do so it won't happen but it would reopen so many possibilities for good stories)

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Class order halls were too homogeneous. They didn't let the different orders of a certain class shine. I don't want to see, for example, the Night Elves as a homogeneous race. I want to see the different orders being represented: the Highborne, the Priestesses of the Moon, the Wardens, the Cenarion Circle and perhaps even the Illidari.
    The Illidari are not a Night elven organization, or tied to any faction whatsoever. They are as meltin pot as it gets with the Coilfang, the Broken and the matrons. Reducing them to Kaldorei is naive at best.

Exactly. @Candy Cough

This system of wait you’re turn is just not satisfactory enough.

Players want full race development in addition to whatever expansion story

Or something akin to the depth of the covenant system but for races.

But racial campaigns need to advance the race’s story. Not just related to the current expansion but deal with stuff on Azeroth that concerns them
    Racial campaigns are good on paper, but Blizzard will execute them horrendously.

Take the Night Elves for example. It will focus on their W3 days. So if you play a Night Elf Druid or Night Elf Hunter, you will feel right at home. This will be your jam...your bread and butter.

If your a Night Elf Death Knight or Night Elf Mage, then your not being advanced as your Night Elf is just a tag along for the fun.

What blizzard would need to do is to give those of significant race/class combos different stories. A Night Elf Mage story would involve Eldre'Thalas, since the bulk of the current Highborne Magi come from that city. I don't believe Blizzard would do this.

The Illidari is not a Night Elf story. Night Elves represent only 1/5 of the organization.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-07-20 at 06:11 PM.

Removal of factions. Reputation gets revamped and now really serves as your standing with a faction.
    Diplomacy between factions becomes a major part of all story events.

Zone control system revamp. Warfront style zone events to decide which of the zones competing factions (NOT Horde vs Alliance, but zone specific factions) gets control over it for a day. WF style in so far as it involves PvE and PvP activities. Those WF style activties are not instanced.

#
    Yes, so do I, I wanna see the Farstriders, the Magisters, what became of the Wretched (prob recovering addicts proper), the Blood knights, the priesthood, I want to see how the Illidari Belves are doing.

I want drama in Quel'thalas, there is complexity and diversity in the relations between blood elves and high elves especially since we see different factions of high elves - some pro blood elves but retaining their high elf identity, some anti-blood elf and where that all leads.

I want to see new threats like the Amani, Ethereals, even naga come into play and especially the San'layn - Iw oudl love the san'layn to be an enemy blood elf faction, but actually have some of them on our side, kinda like vampires in True blood and Vampire Diary series, or even twilight where you have a few that are actually not hating of their normal counterparts and wont' try to destroy them.

There is so much you can do.

Thalassian elves have a legacy as rich as the night elves and they are more connected to the main Azeroth politics than night elves should be, it's a waste to see them not shown a lot more given how popular they are.

Blood elves should have had some serious magical advancements with anima and blood magic, I want to see more of that, and what it means, i want to see them flesh out the sun symbolism, how blood elves connect to the power of the sun and how it became a symbol seeing the kaldorei connected to the power oft he stars and the moon and still do, so maybe it comes from that.

The phoenix is a huge symbol of the Thalassians as is the unicorn, yet we only have the Hawkstrider, I want to se more of that wonder. yes i know the high elves will probably be more the unicorn type, but since some of them are in the Sunwell plateau we should experience that too.

Above that a new Silvermoon, I want Silvermoon to look better than Suramar, I'm still half concerned that blizzard might decide o give the alliance void and high elves Silvermoon and let us keep Suramar, - ideally they should give the night elves an amazing new capital so they never want any of ours ( I support a Zin'Azshari remake if that's what it takes), and give the void elves one of their own too so they would never covet the new Silvermoon. but failing that I'd next prefer the elves to share.. so night elves and nightborne in Suramar, then Thalassians working it out in Quel'thalas, , failing that, if it has to be one faction gets one, and the other the other, I'd rather the night elves get Suramar and we get the updated Silvermoon that has room for the nightborne.. at all costs I don't want the alliance to get Silvermoon in exchange for Suramar.. or worse case scenario they take the majority of the elves over to the alliance, including Silvermoon and Suramar, and re-invent the blood elves and nightborne. That would be like doing to us what they did to the night elves, and i have to ask if its worth it.. (*and yes I read Ravenmoon's proposal on fixing the alliance - and no matter how much sense it makes, it's just not a path I would enjoy, and i don't think a lot of blood elf fans would like it anymore than Nelves loved losing Darnassus and Teldrassil.

Seriously, what do you really want to see I. World of Warcraft ?
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-20 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction