Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Nerfs, bugs (despawning adds), etc. This was poised to be the best race yet and blizzard botched things again.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Good point on ilvl. Wonder if it’s rng or strategy that led to the diff.
    Someone asked this in Limits (Max) stream earlier, and Max said that it was strategy. Echo spent 15 hours on splits and Limit only 7 hours, thus Echo did way more splits than Limit did.

He said that they expected the boss to last until the second reset, but Echo doesn't have that luxury because Limit gets the reset faster, so they'll have to risk it and always aim for a kill first week.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-07-20 at 09:10 PM.

Scrotum of Domination was a good raid overall

Good point on ilvl. Wonder if it’s rng or strategy that led to the diff.
    From what I can tell it was strategy that was doable due to their excellent play throughout the week. They were able to run more splits overall to assure specific players had a higher chance of loot being funneled to them. They were able to afford this time because they were more efficient with each boss and they had the time to spare (granted it ended up being close since Limit almost got a kill last night).

Method almost same amount of pulls as Echo and they are yet to even reach the hard phase (their best is only 81,8 %). They are far far away from being an actual WF contender.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then again...those top 20 guilds are "gods among mortals" - if the ever need 3 weeks to clear a raid...it is a raid that is hell for everyone else.
    I really don't understand all of the people complaining about a one week raid.

A raid where Echo/Limit/BDGG need 3 resets to clear would have to be nerfed INTO THE GROUND for everyone else to have a chance to get through it. And I guarantee the people now complaining about the short race would be bitching about nerfs ad nauseam.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a 'surprise', a EU guild won
    I wonder if raid get released in same time on both servers, will we see US at all in list?
    Next raid blizz will release for usa 1 week earlier since fucking europe 1 day isn't enough at all, usa is retarded that 1 day cheat isn't enough
    Ah forgot blizz doesn't want to do 'anything'
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-07-21 at 06:40 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Jesus drop the restart nonsense. My liver can't take it.
    That's what transplants are for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then again...those top 20 guilds are "gods among mortals" - if the ever need 3 weeks to clear a raid...it is a raid that is hell for everyone else.
    while i agree they are gods among us, it doesn't change fact that raids get cleared way easier these days than before, since u have to clear raid on 1502 difficulty setting before next phase
    if my sarcasm isn't obvious i prefer 1 difficulty raid and make multi-raids than whatever we have now, everything is just grind feast 1 difficulty higher
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I wonder if raid get released in same time on both servers, will we see US at all in list?
    Next raid blizz will release for usa 1 week earlier since fucking europe 1 day isn't enough at all, usa is retarded that 1 day cheat isn't enough
    ah man imagine basing your life on world first in a 20 year old game. ah ah ah ah ah
    ah ah enjoy that struck nerve and lfr

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

A raid where Echo/Limit/BDGG need 3 resets to clear would have to be nerfed INTO THE GROUND for everyone else to have a chance to get through it. And I guarantee the people now complaining about the short race would be bitching about nerfs ad nauseam.
    Not only that, it would have to be nerfed to even be killed at all. We already saw this with KJ where he received enormous nerfs even before the first kill - except we only learned about them from Method's posts instead of live streaming. Azshara was hotfixed so the spear adds wouldn't one shot people with +arcane damage debuff. Uu'naat had multiple nerfs. Probably many other bosses we never even knew about.

If anything, both Denathrius and Sylvanas were exceptionally well tuned, hitting that exact spot of "just barely doable". Some other Sanctum bosses have been dissapointing, sure, but the race itself was closer than ever - and we didn't really need another 100+ wipes to achieve that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily - just make it harder to acquire character power in week 1. Do things like shared lockouts between mythic and heroic or have super strong conduits unlock in week 3.
    In other words, screw over majority of raiding population so couple guilds can have "better" race. Sounds like a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

Okay and?

They can make the last 5 extremely difficult considering most guilds will probably take two months to make it halfway through, and let’s be honest, this tier is probably gonna last at least 6 months as well. And at the end of every month they can toss some nerfs out based on where most guilds are stuck.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    You appear to be very salty about something. Limit did win the past two tiers with more than the hour difference, not sure why you're discounting them. They played good, arguably Painsmith was bad for them but other bosses they did OK.

Anyhow, you're in the wrong forums if you think Blizzard is listening to you, go complain on the official forums instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Only a one lock out race? Disappointing considering it was a half year in the making.
    Is a 800+ pull race fun?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I feel like all the people (trolling) about 'lol only 1 reset' are ignoring how they had to eek out every single advantage they could get to get the last tenths of a percent more dps to be able to kill it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Is a 800+ pull race fun?
    donno, what were peoples opinion about ToS? Thats as close to an 800 pull race as we have been.
    Tho the top guilds weren't streaming and thousands of people were instead watching a Chinese guild smash their face repeatedly into a wall.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So some pleb questions about the final result:

Why the choice of tanks? Immunity? What’d the brewmaster bring? Ring of Peace for P1?

Was 2 holy pally 2 disc priest for the DPS? Guessing the immunities helped as well plus barriers seem pretty important P3.

Well just overall how many immunities are needed / wanted?

My understanding is that the two arms warriors two Demon Hunters is because they benefit most from Wind fury.

I dunno what ashen hallow is or how important it is.

Are boomkins for single target or multi or everything? Are they still fae?

Still have no idea why a demonology lock was in, I can’t remember a raid tier ever where they were good, maybe one of the expansions I didn’t raid.

Not that it matters to me much but will it get nerfed so that tanks and healers don’t have to pump 5k in just to meet berserk? Or will an ilvl closer to 250 be enough for a US/EU Top 250 guild?
    Last edited by garicasha; 2021-07-20 at 10:56 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I feel like all the people (trolling) about 'lol only 1 reset' are ignoring how they had to eek out every single advantage they could get to get the last tenths of a percent more dps to be able to kill it.

- - - Updated - - -

donno, what were peoples opinion about ToS? Thats as close to an 800 pull race as we have been.
    Tho the top guilds weren't streaming and thousands of people were instead watching a Chinese guild smash their face repeatedly into a wall.
    That's just because streaming high end bosses was a new thing and most people probably didn't treat some random asian guild seriously. However, both Avatar and KJ had to be nerfed to be killable - with some of the abilities being cut in half, they were so absurdly overtuned. We have actually seen few clips from pre-nerf KJ and it was pretty much impossible. Seeing that shit live would get tiring really quickly, for players and viewers alike. But hey, it would be 500+ pulls, so... great? Some people would love it.

If anything, seeing such overtuned bosses live would force Blizzard to hotfix them more quickly, so we'd still get less pulls overall.

one reset race with THE tightest possible (but killable) tuning > 2 resets race

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Not only that, it would have to be nerfed to even be killed at all. We already saw this with KJ where he received enormous nerfs even before the first kill - except we only learned about them from Method's posts instead of live streaming. Azshara was hotfixed so the spear adds wouldn't one shot people with +arcane damage debuff. Uu'naat had multiple nerfs. Probably many other bosses we never even knew about.

If anything, both Denathrius and Sylvanas were exceptionally well tuned, hitting that exact spot of "just barely doable". Some other Sanctum bosses have been dissapointing, sure, but the race itself was closer than ever - and we didn't really need another 100+ wipes to achieve that.
    Frankly I don't think 700 pull bosses are that much fun for the raiders and as a stream it would take a long ass time on the exact same boss seeing guilds fail in the exact same way literally hundreds of times. And then the bosses have to be nerfed so hard for everyone else to even have a chance it's barely even the same encounter. A short race is plenty fun as this one has shown, the guilds were neck to neck.

I know my favorite Mythic end bosses back when I did it weren't the ball breakers like Archimonde (before Valor upgrades/maxed rings made him loads easier), KJ or Azshara. It was bosses like Blackhand, Gul'dan, Argus and Jaina- difficult for sure but entirely manageable and didn't feel like bullshit, outside stuff like RNG in Jaina's final phase.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.