Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    Don't know why you say wow peaked in wrath
    Because in terms of subscriber numbers.. it did?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I never understood why some people act as if it's so outlandish an idea that exposure to a lot of eyes would increase interest in a product.

Even those of you that are here posting, "Ugh, streamers! Streaming is dumb! Who watches that! Asmon is a poopy doodoo head!" are here, talking about the game, having a discussion about it, and so on.

It's just more exposure/marketing/etc. You'd think that a bunch of gamers would get that.
    As stated before, it may draw in more people but not the right people. Have you seen the type of people who watch him? Those are the types who come here. Yeah... that's why people are upset.

That's not really what I was talking about, but while we're on the topic...

XIV players really need to stop with this "the immigrants are gonna run my neighborhood" crap. Portions of the XIV community have been some of the biggest shitbirds throughout this entire period. I'm about over hearing them talk about how they're so awesome and amazing and friendly while they treat others with such contempt.
    You are not wrong. There are a lot of "shitbird" or whatever slang you want to use groups in XIV. I personally know this for a fact.

People being crappy in-game is a lot lessened over the past couple years with GMs taking action. The people being referred to here are "empty drones", for a lack of a better term. They won't try bullying people in game but go into dungeons or other group areas/activities with no common sense. Because they're not being "rude", there is no rule they're breaking. They're just there, taking up space.

Where does this presumption come from, exactly? Are there some statistics on "new players from this place or that place are gonna be bad" that I haven't seen?
    Have you ever interacted with the type of people who watch/follow him?

Try it sometime and get back with me. And I'm being absolutely serious.

Again, you're just pulling things out of thin air.
    Ok, that's a "no." My friend, I'm being sincerely serious... try it and you'll see why so many shaking their heads. People are not saying these things for no reason, most of them anyway. Please, just interact with them for a spell and you'll see. Humor me.

I tried and I'm a very objective and open-minded person.

You have to pay money to post in Asmongold's chat (subscribers only, subscription costs $5). You're talking about 1% or a very small fraction of his viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You have to pay money to post in Asmongold's chat
    Seriously though, I cannot fathom why anyone would do that on purpose?

A food and his money are soon parted.

It reminds me of this "guild" in a MMO I played older than WoW where the leader actually charged people real-life "dues" just to play in his guild and people ACTUALLY payed it. Later on, it came about that he was just a 17 year old kid.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Because in terms of subscriber numbers.. it did?
    Really because I heard that Legion hit Wrath sub numbers. Also saying that Wrath was the peak of wow is not true when most people consider TBC, MoP or Legion as the best expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    Really because I heard that Legion hit Wrath sub numbers. Also saying that Wrath was the peak of wow is not true when most people consider TBC, MoP or Legion as the best expansions.
    Where did you hear that Legion hit Wrath numbers? Even with the most forgiving guestimates it never got close. You're probably confusing this with a headline about day 1 boxes sold, as Wrath sold like 2.4 million copies day 1 while Legion sold 3.3 million (which includes pre-orders), but pre-order culture and digital purchases wasn't anywhere near as prevalent back in the Wrath days (so people got around to going down to the store and getting their copies over the next few weeks). Shadowlands didn't even get physical copies to sell in brick & mortar stores, it was exclusively digital.

You have to pay money to post in Asmongold's chat (subscribers only, subscription costs $5). You're talking about 1% or a very small fraction of his viewership.
    His chat is for followers only (as in you have to click follow on his profile and wait 3 days, that's it), not subscribers. He said numerous times that he hates sub mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    His chat is for followers only (as in you have to click follow on his profile and wait 3 days, that's it), not subscribers. He said numerous times that he hates sub mode.
    Ah, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    The design is too simple. Do these quests, level up with just quests or try the impossible way to grind your way to level 50. The lack of dungeons finder systems, makes this game more slowly + the lack of socialization on it. I never seen anyone saying a word in the chat or anyone speaking in the cities. Is just like a bunch of "extra" NPCs dancing or playing an instrument randomly at the streets, player interaction is none.
    What are you babbling about? This game absolutely has a dungeon AND party finder system...

I'm also not sure what game you're playing, but there's social interaction EVERYWHERE, but only if you want to take part in it.

Another reason FF14 sucks, is the Class design, it feels so lacking and poor compared to other games like ElderScrolls Online and World of Warcraft.
    I honestly can't believe you're lauding ESO as some kind of paragon of class design, compared to WoW and FFXIV.

I say this as an ESO fan, but class design, and especially combat game play, are NOT one of it's strong suits.

The mechanic of the fights is just boring and the way the "classes" are being represented also lacks the "classic" feel of an MMO.
    This is entirely subjective and therefore practically impossible to argue both for and against. But wtf is the "classic" feel of an MMO?

Like, i need to start as a "Gladiator" in order to become a "Paladin"...? meh. Also, I have a sword that is also a "gun"? WTF, that is silly af. Look at it:.
    That's pretty classic RPG game play, where one class evolves into another as they gain experience and skills. Also, this is a Final Fantasy game. Everything they're doing here, including this "wacky" Gunbreaker class fits like a glove with this series.

You being somehow unable to understand that fact has nothing to do with the game.

Also include the fact that the only reason people "flooded" this game, is just because of a lame streamer who played this game while at the same time has making fun of it just in front of his fans.
    The influx was happening before he started playing. Not long before, but it the population was rising before Asmongold played.

I'm also not sure why Asmongold and his followers jumping in to play FFXIV speaks to how good FFXIV is as a game so much as Asmongold, his followers and streamer culture in general.

Honestly, the fact that someone as popular as Asmongold (whether you like him or not is pretty irrelevant, the guy has a LOT of fans and followers) is spending time with FFXIV speaks to how popular it is as a game, because he wouldn't waste time on some worthless, nameless, crappy game. He's successful as a stream for a reason, he's not stupid...at least when it comes to what he needs to do to bring in revenue.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2021-07-21 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post

They are both entertainment, are they not? How can you ever see where you are going with your nose so high in the air?
    By not walking like a peasant, obviously.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The influx was happening before he started playing. Not long before, but it the population was rising before Asmongold played.
    But his influence didn't start when he started playing, it started when reacting to 'ff14 good wow bad' content became a fairly regular occurrence on his stream a year or so ago. Would FF14 see uptick without Asmon? Yes, he wasn't alone in creating the perfect storm we are seeing, but it would be nowhere near as big and it certainly wouldn't have broken record player numbers for ff14.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    But his influence didn't start when he started playing, it started when reacting to 'ff14 good wow bad' content became a fairly regular occurrence on his stream a year or so ago. Would FF14 see uptick without Asmon? Yes, he wasn't alone in creating the perfect storm we are seeing, but it would be nowhere near as big and it certainly wouldn't have broken record player numbers for ff14.
    FFXIV has been getting a lot of attention this last year or so which is what can ALL be attributed to it's population increase, it's not just because people like Asmongold, Bellular and others hyping it or playing it on their channels.

Poor WoW "gamers" ... FFXIV hurt their feelings

- - - Updated - - -

Asmongold is a guy that has managed to turn his gaming addiction into an extremely profitable business. The only thing that is "toxic" about him is the way he tends to play the game, but in the end that behaviour makes for a good show and a show is what people are there for. I never watched his streams because I don't like watching streamed content on Twitch in general, other than some notable events related to gaming, but I do see some of his clips on YouTube here and there and he's got a solid understanding and grasp of most of the situations he analyzes and talks about.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-21 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Nah, Poor FFIV gamers, they think their game is good, but is bad af. The only reason people moved to that game instead of ElderScrolls Online, is because their Lord and Master Asmongold told them to move there....
    I tried to like ESO I really did, on paper it's pretty much everything I should want in an MMO but it's just so.. dull, the combat is awful the look of the game is drab and boring. I eventually pushed myself to CP 350 after 10+ attempts of getting max level purely because of a friend who's crazy about it, i even pre ordered the latest xpansion as if trying to guilt myself into staying. But nope 0 interest in anything ESO, never touched oblivion stuff and likely never will. It took me 3 tries to push past the weird anime shit in FF14 but I'm past it and shadowbringers MSQ has been one of the most enjoyable stories in any game I played, not terribly interested in the rest of the game but I am looking forward to continue in endwalker, and ontop might very well have put FF16 as a day one purchase for me without having touched a FF game before.

Good for Asmon and good for Final Fantasy XIV. I left wow during early Shadowlands and I've never looked back.

The only Blizzard game I care about at all anymore is Diablo II, and that's because I like Vicarious Visions.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-07-21 at 09:53 PM.

Where did you hear that Legion hit Wrath numbers? Even with the most forgiving guestimates it never got close. You're probably confusing this with a headline about day 1 boxes sold, as Wrath sold like 2.4 million copies day 1 while Legion sold 3.3 million (which includes pre-orders), but pre-order culture and digital purchases wasn't anywhere near as prevalent back in the Wrath days (so people got around to going down to the store and getting their copies over the next few weeks). Shadowlands didn't even get physical copies to sell in brick & mortar stores, it was exclusively digital.
    I heard several wow streamers say that insiders at Blizzard told them that