Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will the light save anduin?

Based on blizzard writing, do we believe the light will save anduin? Or will they go the opposite route

The Light, The Power of Friendship or something is highly probable, altho i'd be kinda amused if the solution was chloroform and removing the armor since it can have brief lapses of not controlling him.

You have to ask yourself this: did the light save Arthas?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You have to ask yourself this: did the light save Arthas?
    Arthas was acting of his own free will, Anduin isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    Arthas was acting of his own free will, Anduin isn't.
    Well... it isn't completely true, now that we have domination magic.

Doubt it. The Light is as awful as any other cosmic forces according to modern writers.

Well the light does its own brand of domination magic pretty much, so it would be like save anduin as long as he does what it wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah, it will be Sylvanas who saves him (probably by the way of self-sacrifice).

It'll be one of two options. One is the void, since the writers wanted it in Shadows Rising and its whole bit is self-actualization and imposing your own will. Alternatively, the power of love and friendship will bust him out along with Sylvanas sacrificing herself on his behalf.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does light will save Anduin from poor story writing? Definetly not.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really hope so. The fact that he dropped that compass is quite intriguing. I believe the Jailer isn't able to control him completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Maw intro quests he called to the light and it answered him 'even in this place'. The light gave Tirion Fordring one last blessing atop Icecrown, and ICC connects to the Shadowlands, so I'd wager Anduin will get the light treatment again, in some capacity. Player actions, Naruu blast, cosmic forces intervention, anything the writers want.

TANGENT: I'm still holding out on the idea that Kingsmourne can still split into 2 swords as it did when it was still Shalamayne. In that case, Blizz could do some weird 'balance of light and shadow' with Anduin by giving him both halves of the sword, each using different magics. How the sword gets split again and/or reacts to the light could be done in a number of ways, but it could leave Anduin as some unique monstrosity (IE: Calia being whatever she is, and bolvar as a being of death that was blasted with dragon fire at wrathgate)
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Given how the Light saved Tirion and the adventurers in one of the greatest example of Deux ex Machina at the final battle against the Lich King I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well... it isn't completely true, now that we have domination magic.
    The Jailer explicitly notes that Arthas didn't do what he wanted him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Given how the Light saved Tirion and the adventurers in one of the greatest example of Deux ex Machina at the final battle against the Lich King I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.
    Tirion had a weapon equally powerful to Frostmourne, I don't think it was that bullshit that he got a lucky hit in.

They should've had him emoting during the fight that he's slowly getting out of the ice, so the fight is basically keeping Arthas busy while Tirion frees himself.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can see writers doing more of those dumb Arthas callbacks. After all, Anduin is the Golden Boi, he who will succeed where Arthas (and everyone else, for that matter) failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Jailer explicitly notes that Arthas didn't do what he wanted him to.
    Source please.

I hope the experience makes Anduin a complete Light fanatic, crazier than the Scarlet Crusade.

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

Greates example of deus ex machina will always be Illidan losingto Arthas in 1v1

- Here Arthas is all the hidden power I had , which i havent given you before for no reason

- Here your blade strikes on its own with a direct hit

- Here it does so again saving you