Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    This lawsuit would have been filed if there wasn't enough credible evidence that this shit was happening, and to name names, means there is enough evidence AA was a big time offender of these accusations.
    Bingo. No one is even contesting he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry but the 'law' is literally down to who puts a more bendy case together. And how inclined the jury is to run with it, if it goes that far.

I mean, Trump has been acquitted by the Senate twice even though he's guilty AF. Justice =/= Law.
    You being of hte opinion that he is "guilty AF" does not make it fact. He was acfquitted of both no matter how you try to declare guilt. You are not the arbiter of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You being of hte opinion that he is "guilty AF" does not make it fact. He was acfquitted of both no matter how you try to declare guilt. You are not the arbiter of guilt.
    Haha. He was acquitted by a corrupt GOP Senate caucus. Which is precisely my point. Your benchmark for innocence is a bunch of corrupt politicians siding with YOUR opinion, which is why you keep saying due process. Don’t think people don’t know what your schtick is. It’s obvious.

You don't know how to read. Thanks for proving that point again and again. I've not even discussed the Trump court cases.

I was discussing how partisanship and bending of the law allowed for him to get off in the impeachment trials.

And again, I do not care if Afrasiabi gets taken to court or not. What is important is the support for the victims he DID abuse.

There is enough evidence doing the rounds. If you want to wait until it goes to court, go ahead. Have your day.
    Bending the law allowed for the bogus charges to be field in the first place.

Also, prove jhe abused anyone. All we have right now is accusations. Accusations do not = proof. You automatically declaring people guilty based solely off accustions is reprehensilbe and disgusting. I hope if you are accused of anything you didn't do, that you immediately declare you are guilty, because by your own logic you are.,

Bending the law allowed for the bogus charges to be field in the first place.

Also, prove jhe abused anyone. All we have right now is accusations. Accusations do not = proof. You automatically declaring people guilty based solely off accustions is reprehensilbe and disgusting. I hope if you are accused of anything you didn't do, that you immediately declare you are guilty, because by your own logic you are.,
    You’re on ignore now, because you’re basically going to just keep having bad faith conversations. I can only assume that confronting that sexual abuse is a thing troubles you. Oh well. Seek help I guess.

You’re on ignore now, because you’re basically going to just keep having bad faith conversations. I can only assume that confronting that sexual abuse is a thing troubles you. Oh well. Seek help I guess.
    You automatically declare guilt basewd solely on accusations, put words in ,y mouth, make false accusations against me and I am the one in bad faith?

I am on the side of the law and proving/disdproving accusations before declaring guilt/innocence. You are on the side of "Guiilty because they are accused and don't want to bother with facts". Running away like you are tells me you don't want to own up to it. You are the one who needs to seek help.

You automatically declare guilt basewd solely on accusations, put words in ,y mouth, make false accusations against me and I am the one in bad faith?

I am on the side of the law and proving/disdproving accusations before declaring guilt/innocence. You are on the side of "Guiilty because they are accused and don't want to bother with facts". Running away like you are tells me you don't want to own up to it. You are the one who needs to seek help.
    Go. Read. The. Documents. To quote your glorious leader, MRRRNNNNGH READ THE TRANSCRIPT.

Go. Read. The. Documents. To quote your glorious leader, MRRRNNNNGH READ THE TRANSCRIPT.
    Accusations and claims are NOT proof. And nobody is my leader. I don't support any politico.

He was only acquitted once, the first case never saw a trial, they literally just refused to even see the case.....and if you think the second trial was actually fair, I don't think you're being honest with yourself. Especially since McConnel went on record saying he was responsible for it.

On topic: If you honestly think the justice system is some infallible monolith where the only people who are found guilty are those who are truly and honestly guilty of a crime and that everyone found innocent has done absolutely nothing wrong, I'm not sure you're living in the real world.

I'm not saying you're wrong about people or any individual being the arbiter of guilt, but the justice system isn't really that great at it either...it's better than an individual, but it's still all kinds of fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    He was only acquitted once, the first case never saw a trial, they literally just refused to even see the case.....and if you think the second trial was actually fair, I don't think you're being honest with yourself. Especially since McConnel went on record saying he was responsible for it.

On topic: If you honestly think the justice system is some infallible monolith where the only people who are found guilty are those who are truly and honestly guilty of a crime and that everyone found innocent has done absolutely nothing wrong, I'm not sure you're living in the real world.

I'm not saying you're wrong about people or any individual being the arbiter of guilt, but the justice system isn't really that great at it either...it's better than an individual, but it's still all kinds of fucked.
    People like that KNOW it’s not infallible. But they rely on the fallibility to then hide behind ‘declared innocent in a court of law’, recognising full well that law =/= justice, court =/= resolution. It’s the hallmarks of a bad faith discussion. It’s like when a criminal in a story goes, ‘you got no proof I did it’.

You don't know how to read. Thanks for proving that point again and again. I've not even discussed the Trump court cases.

I was discussing how partisanship and bending of the law allowed for him to get off in the impeachment trials.

And again, I do not care if Afrasiabi gets taken to court or not. What is important is the support for the victims he DID abuse.

There is enough evidence doing the rounds. If you want to wait until it goes to court, go ahead. Have your day.
    No doubt in my mind those abused are getting support, especially of a case this size. California litigation lawyers are probably knocking down the doors of every female employee Blizzard hired ever.

If you think the process in the House that brought the Articles was fair, you are not being honest with YOURSELF. That was a complete and blatant abuse of power that made a mockery of the Constitution. Impeachment is actually for actual crimes a President commits. The Housde didn't list a single actual crime that he commiitted. Nancy and the Dmes were trying to throw him out from day one because they were mad Hilary loist. And LOL about McConnel. That guy is a slimeball who has a long history of say ANYTHING to pander to the right people. That was a purely politically driven statement to protect his own worthless behind. He would sell out his own family to save himself. He is a professional liar.

The Justice system is what we have. That is far better even in it's imperfect state over the posters here who believe "accusations = 100% guilty no matter what". At least in the justice system one gets a fair trial. That is what I am looking for here and I will let them decide guilt or innocence.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-07-26 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No doubt in my mind those abused are getting support, especially of a case this size. California litigation lawyers are probably knocking down the doors of every female employee Blizzard hired ever.
    They better be. Because the case at hand isn't sleazy Government officials take on Corporate behemoth.

It's about standing up for the victims of sexual abuse and harassment. That's it. People going 'PROVE IT' seem to think it's an attack.

It's not. It's a defence of people who've been subjected to something they shouldn't have been subjected to. And yes, it's obvious it happened.

They better be. Because the case at hand isn't sleazy Government officials take on Corporate behemoth.

It's about standing up for the victims of sexual abuse and harassment. That's it. People going 'PROVE IT' seem to think it's an attack.

It's not. It's a defence of people who've been subjected to something they shouldn't have been subjected to. And yes, it's obvious it happened.
    You still haven't proved it. Declaring it jhappend because it was alleged doesn't make it so. SO, you are standing up for people who could be liars. It is an attack becuase you are immediately declaring guilt based solely on accusations. It's what cancel culture does.

You still haven't proved it. Declaring it jhappend because it was alleged doesn't make it so. SO, you are standing up for people who could be liars. It is an attack becuase you are immediately declaring guilt based solely on accusations. It's what cancel culture does.
    I guess the dozens of staffers who have come out to validate these claims and share more stories are all liars? I guess Morhaime, Metzen and others who aren't at the company and have issued statements apologizing for their failures (and in the case of Morhaime getting called out for pretending he didn't know) don't count either.

I mean, sure, we'll wait for the courts to make the legal ruling. But people are plenty welcome to their personal opinions based on the evidence available.

It has nothing to do with "cancel culture" or anything else. If even half of the allegations are true then there are serious problems within the culture of Activision/Blizzard that are directly harming their employees, primarily the women working there, and leading to both a miserable experience for them and probably lower quality work as a result.

I'm not sure why folks are so keen to defend a corporate entity, but that's a whole other ball of wax that's not quite for these forums.

[SNIP]
    Yet you're relying on what these people say and do and using that as some kind of evidence that no wrong doing was committed.

Come one dude, you just flat out admitted that none of these people can be trusted and yet you're advocating that we should trust their judgement.

The Justice system is what we have. That is far better even in it's imperfect state over the posters here who believe "accusations = 100% guilty no matter what". At least in the justice system one gets a fair trial. That is what I am looking for here and I will let them decide guilt or innocence.
    Trial, yes. Fair? Debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I guess the dozens of staffers who have come out to validate these claims and share more stories are all liars? I guess Morhaime, Metzen and others who aren't at the company and have issued statements apologizing for their failures (and in the case of Morhaime getting called out for pretending he didn't know) don't count either.

I mean, sure, we'll wait for the courts to make the legal ruling. But people are plenty welcome to their personal opinions based on the evidence available.

It has nothing to do with "cancel culture" or anything else. If even half of the allegations are true then there are serious problems within the culture of Activision/Blizzard that are directly harming their employees, primarily the women working there, and leading to both a miserable experience for them and probably lower quality work as a result.

I'm not sure why folks are so keen to defend a corporate entity, but that's a whole other ball of wax that's not quite for these forums.
    Apparently you don't know how PR works. Morhaime is trying to save his own worthless behind. Ditto for Metzen and anyone else. It's called cutting and running.

And, no, other staffers saying it did happen is not validation. Words do not = proof. Otherwise, I could accuse you of any crime and immediately get you thrown in jail

Finally, immediately decalring guilt does not = opinion. That is cancel culture epecially when all we have is words and accusations with no actual evidence. It is that attitude that empowers people to lie to ruin people. And when you do ruin people like that, you suffer no repercussions for your actions. Nobody is defending the company. What wer are defending is "Innocent until proven guilty" and due process, something you and the rest of the "You are 100% guilty automatically if accused, don't need any facts" brigade are trying to destroy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The law doesn't equate to morality. Courts aren't infallible or free from corruption. Justice often doesn't get served.

That's the truth. It's pointless to have a conversation with anyone who thinks otherwise.

There are enough corroborated accounts coming out, including from current and former management, that it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that the harassment really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The law doesn't equate to morality. Courts aren't infallible or free from corruption. Justice often doesn't get served.

That's the truth. It's pointless to have a conversation with anyone who thinks otherwise.

There are enough corroborated accounts coming out, including from current and former management, that it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that the harassment really happened.
    NYAAAAAH PROVE IT. Jk. I agree.

@Edge, the reason these people are supporting Blizzard is the same reason they support any man accused of sexual abuse. Because they don't want to confront a world in which something like this could happen. Every company or figure they believe in will then mostly get called into question.

Yet you're relying on what these people say and do and using that as some kind of evidence that no wrong doing was committed.
    I am relying on the courts, not political figures.

Come one dude, you just flat out admitted that none of these people can be trusted and yet you're advocating that we should trust their judgement.
    Wrong. I said political figures cannot be trusted. I never said you can never trust the court system. The House or Senate should never be given that type of power because they abuse it based on ideology. There was nothing fair about it. The Dems abused their power and the GOP stopped it. The court system at least has the ability to show neutraility and be a lot closer to a fair process than the House or Senate ever could.

Trial, yes. Fair? Debatable.
    Not debatable as both sides in a court case are able to present their side and an impartial body of people decide the merits.