The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaannndddd now Davante Adams' camp have broken off contract talks with the Packers as well.

At this point let's just blow the team up, deal Rodgers and Adams and maybe we can stockpile some first round picks for if (when) Love is a bust.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Vikings assistant (O line) coach quits because he’s a fraidy cat for vaccines
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-07-23 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Vikings assistant coach quits because he’s a fraidy cat for vaccines
    Good, I hope the rest of these selfish, unvaccinated fucks do the same. I liked DeAndre Hopkins before, but he can get lost too. I won't miss them one bit.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

So this is what is takes for Rick Dennison to go away. Good news for the Vikings, he is useless as a coach and doesn't exactly have a very good reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots had 2 O-line coaches last year, after our legendary O-line coach retired (again). One of those 2 guys now also got the boot, cause of Covid requirements.

Maybe it's an O-line coach thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Irwin's take on all this is great. I love him lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the covidbowl winner Seahawks are up to a 90% vaccination rate. Thats pretty impressive for a 90 man roster.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ls-to-cut-him/

Reminds me of that meme of a quote from man stabbed "what are you gonna do, stab me?"

Vikings assistant (O line) coach quits because he’s a fraidy cat for vaccines
    I was under the impression Dennison was fired. Did he resign?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I was under the impression Dennison was fired. Did he resign?
    I think it was confirmed he resigned, but that’s just what I heard from people who actually read the article.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well here we go. Sports Books are pulling all NFC North/Packers bets, apparently the reports are Rodgers will be issuing a "Trade or Retire" ultimatum next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well here we go. Sports Books are pulling all NFC North/Packers bets, apparently the reports are Rodgers will be issuing a "Trade or Retire" ultimatum next week.
    Bet you Rodgers would pull a Gronk. Retire, then when the team spends money and moves on from him, unretire and force a trade, cause the team is not in a financial position to take on the contract.

Given Rodgers "Last Dance" instagram photo together with Davante Adams though, I suspect he'll just report and play and this will be the last year for both.

You have to wonder just how well that will go though, with both guys with their mind not on football.

Dak Prescott was asked by a reporter if he's been vaccinated, and Dak refused to answer the question, citing HIPAA.

He absolutely has the right to refuse to answer the question, but to claim it would be a violation of HIPAA? I wonder if he's someone who is actually dumber than a rock or if he just plays one on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Dak Prescott was asked by a reporter if he's been vaccinated, and Dak refused to answer the question, citing HIPAA.

He absolutely has the right to refuse to answer the question, but to claim it would be a violation of HIPAA? I wonder if he's someone who is actually dumber than a rock or if he just plays one on TV.
    No, it's not a HIPAA violation.
    https://www.hipaajournal.com/is-it-a...accine-status/

If the reporter asked someone from the NFL (his employer), or a doctor and they know Dak's status and then answered it would be a HIPAA violation. Unless of course, Dak gave them permission.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post

He’s the guy who tries to get out of a ticket in court by repeating something he read online.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-07-25 at 02:17 AM.

He’s just like the guy who tries to get out of a ticket in court by repeating something he read online.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he saw Marjorie Taylor Greene say the same thing.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL players aren't smart, they voted for the current CBA.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Bet you Rodgers would pull a Gronk. Retire, then when the team spends money and moves on from him, unretire and force a trade, cause the team is not in a financial position to take on the contract.

Given Rodgers "Last Dance" instagram photo together with Davante Adams though, I suspect he'll just report and play and this will be the last year for both.

You have to wonder just how well that will go though, with both guys with their mind not on football.
    Another comp I saw going around was to Carson Palmer, since they both have the same agent. Palmer threatened to retire and basically told the Bengals "you trade me for picks or I retire and you get no picks."

I suppose at 37 and with a potential career in game show hosting ahead of him Rodgers could be a legit threat to walk away permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Game show hosting? Dude is joining the PGA.
    Dude turned out to have done all this just to meekly return to the team and play on his existing contract, after creating one hell of a media vortex all off season.

His team mates will be happy to see him no doubt...

His team mates
    This is why I assumed he would show up. His supposed complaints revolve around the Packers not bringing back certain players, so didn't seem like he would screw them over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude turned out to have done all this just to meekly return to the team and play on his existing contract, after creating one hell of a media vortex all off season.

His team mates will be happy to see him no doubt...
    Well actually he apparently got a deal that voids the 2023 season on his contract. So basically it's a soft guarantee that he'll be traded after this season, unless the Packers are nuts and don't want anything in return for him hitting free agency the next year.

Last Dance indeed.