Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    It's a problem from my POV, especially how big this has become during BFA. I really started to notice it on my Horde server in 8.3, now if you go there as soon as you log in its spammed constantly, it's really horrible to see. Thankfully my Alliance server is dead enough that it doesn't happen there, but there is no way it's healthy for the majority of players to see that spam when they log in.

Unless Blizzard does something about it, I feel it will get eventually to the chinese servers with spam, whispers and more. I don't agree with the way 'communities' work, with how much gold they get. Does anyone actually feel that it's really gold only?

Thankfully I have a Guild that I've been part of for years, so I've been able to achieve most of my WoW goals and I'm happy I've done it with people. But with Blizzard making stacks from the tokens this will become a bigger problem until the game dies.
    They all deal in “gold only” until evidence proves otherwise. That’s at least the running delusional cope everyone overdoses on daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    They all deal in “gold only” until evidence proves otherwise. That’s at least the running delusional cope everyone overdoses on daily.
    I'll tell you how the communities work,
    1. Someone advertises, these guys are not part of the community, they get some gold if they sell some run.
    2. Someone from the community shows up and books a guild for the boost, the guild doesn't touch the gold, the community guy does, he gets a cut.
    3. The guild carries out the boost, once it is completed they submit proof, the community guy then pays out the remaining gold to the guild.

The guild can then invest that gold in BoEs/consumables/gems/enchants etc for the next tier, you will not be allowed to boost if you don't meet certain performance requirements.

There is no RMT going on here, RMT is a completely different field, you can google and find 1000s of strange sites selling that, for very different prices, and if you get caught in one of those you can look for your account up your rear end.

I feel the trade spam is the biggest issue currently, and it would be nice if it could be moved to a separate channel. Also remember, tokens don't create gold, they simply move it from one player to another.

What I do wish though is that blizzard would hire a couple of GMs to sift through LFG/trade and ban all the LFG advertisements and trade RMT sellers, their AI is not doing a good job at all and it would be a well worth investment in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'll tell you how the communities work,
    1. Someone advertises, these guys are not part of the community, they get some gold if they sell some run.
    2. Someone from the community shows up and books a guild for the boost, the guild doesn't touch the gold, the community guy does, he gets a cut.
    3. The guild carries out the boost, once it is completed they submit proof, the community guy then pays out the remaining gold to the guild.

The guild can then invest that gold in BoEs/consumables/gems/enchants etc for the next tier, you will not be allowed to boost if you don't meet certain performance requirements.

There is no RMT going on here, RMT is a completely different field, you can google and find 1000s of strange sites selling that, for very different prices, and if you get caught in one of those you can look for your account up your rear end.

I feel the trade spam is the biggest issue currently, and it would be nice if it could be moved to a separate channel. Also remember, tokens don't create gold, they simply move it from one player to another.

What I do wish though is that blizzard would hire a couple of GMs to sift through LFG/trade and ban all the LFG advertisements and trade RMT sellers, their AI is not doing a good job at all and it would be a well worth investment in my opinion.
    I’ve been submitted plenty of strikes and banned of booster screenshots to know that operations in any boosting community are nowhere near the level of clean they tout themselves on paper. And yet even with that disorganization it is still way more coordinated than most guilds or discord social groups for certain activities (hence the usual assurance of completion given if the boostee for more pricier services has shown proof of competency, so like boosting to all 20s or duelist to 2.4k or glad).

And the story always ends the same given a long enough timeline. And that conclusion is RMT. Once that scandal breaksout, people not affected jump ship or quickly cordon off the infection to save face with blizz and the community.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-07-26 at 08:33 PM.

I’ve been submitted plenty of strikes and banned of booster screenshots to know that operations in any boosting community are nowhere near the level of clean they tout themselves on paper. And yet even with that disorganization it is still way more coordinated than most guilds or discord social groups for certain activities (hence the usual assurance of completion given if the boostee for more pricier services has shown proof of competency, so like boosting to all 20s or duelist to 2.4k or glad).

And the story always ends the same given a long enough timeline. And that conclusion is RMT. Once that scandal breaksout, people not affected jump ship or quickly cordon off the infection to save face with blizz and the community.
    We have one single community, gallywix, that got banned, the rest have been around for a while now. Could there be some guy somewhere in the chain selling gold to a 3rd party site? Sure, but that was possible since vanilla. You will also notice that glad boosting is exceedingly rare, blizzard hardware blocks account traders as evidenced by people buying new accounts instantly getting banned again in both wow and overwatch. I think this is harder than you think it is.

We have one single community, gallywix, that got banned, the rest have been around for a while now. Could there be some guy somewhere in the chain selling gold to a 3rd party site? Sure, but that was possible since vanilla. You will also notice that glad boosting is exceedingly rare, blizzard hardware blocks account traders as evidenced by people buying new accounts instantly getting banned again in both wow and overwatch. I think this is harder than you think it is.
    SLB has done RMT in the past few expansions. And phoenix just disappeared over night, even though the public statement was owner couldn’t/didn’t want to run it anymore (probably mostly valid given how wonderful SL has made people feel).

I will interject a bit on the stage below glad (2400). I myself wanted azeroth’s champion, and CnS r4 was my last essence. Plenty of people in my azshara pug group bought carries for it (admittedly needing to get to duelist on their own, or if fire/destro and being an early CE getter) the price always fell between 3-7 mil. Meta spec gets 3 and non-ideal got 7m. Saw a warlock get boosted for 5 mil in 3s to 2400.

I think it is far more common than we think and the only reason why we don’t know is because how garbage blizzard’s pvp api is in comparison to raid and m+. At this point there is no reason why a complete season’s history of matches can’t be requested by third party sites or displayed on the armory page. Complete mystery box with what is going on with even a certain streamer every season pumping out 10k games in 2s all usually between rival and duelist mmr. And maybe at times elite. Yes it isn’t glad but all it takes is a 2 players that already got their rank 1 locked on a main to then play on alt, or players directly below them to get it done.

SLB has done RMT in the past few expansions. And phoenix just disappeared over night, even though the public statement was owner couldn’t/didn’t want to run it anymore (probably mostly valid given how wonderful SL has made people feel).

I will interject a bit on the stage below glad (2400). I myself wanted azeroth’s champion, and CnS r4 was my last essence. Plenty of people in my azshara pug group bought carries for it (admittedly needing to get to duelist on their own, or if fire/destro and being an early CE getter) the price always fell between 3-7 mil. Meta spec gets 3 and non-ideal got 7m. Saw a warlock get boosted for 5 mil in 3s to 2400.

I think it is far more common than we think and the only reason why we don’t know is because how garbage blizzard’s pvp api is in comparison to raid and m+. At this point there is no reason why a complete season’s history of matches can’t be requested by third party sites or displayed on the armory page. Complete mystery box with what is going on with even a certain streamer every season pumping out 10k games in 2s all usually between rival and duelist mmr. And maybe at times elite. Yes it isn’t glad but all it takes is a 2 players that already got their rank 1 locked on a main to then play on alt, or players directly below them to get it done.
    There are problems for sure, I'm just not sure those are tied much to the boosting communities. And yes, you are right, there are a couple that up and vanished, but the ones around now have very strict gold only policies.

I agree about PvP, but there is another aspect there, it is nearly impossible to boost a sub par player past 2100, they will need quite a good grasp of what to do and how to survive openers, peel and more to get carried, so yes, it's certainly possible 2100 players could get carried to glad, but a complete novice getting glad? I just don't see how that would happen.

Wow is fully pay to win.

Buying the token obfuscates the step but it's still using real world money to obtain in game currency to purchase gear.

Sounds like every gacha and korean mmo ever.

I can swipe my credit card and get fully geared without putting in any time or effort on my part at all, that is the literal definition of pay to win.

There are problems for sure, I'm just not sure those are tied much to the boosting communities. And yes, you are right, there are a couple that up and vanished, but the ones around now have very strict gold only policies.

I agree about PvP, but there is another aspect there, it is nearly impossible to boost a sub par player past 2100, they will need quite a good grasp of what to do and how to survive openers, peel and more to get carried, so yes, it's certainly possible 2100 players could get carried to glad, but a complete novice getting glad? I just don't see how that would happen.
    Yeah that’s pretty much what I think as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzaliv View Post
    You do realize the cost of trade items is entirely set by the playerbase, right?
    Lmao, you people are just blind.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Hence why I don't play anymore.
    I honestly will never understand people like you. If you don't play anymore that's fine but why continue to come to a fan forum about the game you don't play anymore. Do you like keeping tabs on a game you don't play or do you just like trying to push your opinion? I'm honestly curious because when I stop playing a game I don't go to the fan forums, subreddits, youtube channels or anything for the game that I am not playing.

If I am interesting in getting back into it then I will take a quick look on said sources but I wouldn't regularly visit them, let alone post on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    When did this become acceptable?
    When Blizz introduced the WoW token.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Lmao, you people are just blind.
    What is incorrect about that statement though? On my server the rank 5 and 6 items are only ~40k apart and are both now below 200k. Players set the prices. Players decide what is to expensive to buy and what is not. It has nothing to do with the token and that is how new in-demand stuff has worked since the start. It is why people do trash farms of raids because they know in the first few weeks they can make a small fortune off of those BoE items.

And that over time the value drops.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

People saying repot these, it doesn't work. I've reported WTS posts for about 2 months straight every evening doing RBGs / arenas and the next day the same posts and the same people are spamming that shit again. There were most carry groups than actual ones WHILE I'm constantly reporting them and it's again ToS!

It's fucking dumb, glad I'm no longer bothering with that shit.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    This is the stupidest thing any misguided hater has ever said on this forum. Congratulations.

Why on Earth would some media nonsense about a lawsuit have any impact on the workings of the company? You probably never had a job, but any kind of corporate shenanigans have no impact whatsoever on the workfloor. You honestly think because there's been a few articles about a lawsuit that thousands of people over multiple offices just go sit down behind their desks and cry?

Amazing. Just amazing.
    You sound so dumb and arrogant right now. A dev literally said theyre not doing any work right now. Sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    You do realize that the only reason this exists is because there are a shit-load of people actively buying services like these, right?
    You put the blame on people who literally only exist because the vast majority of the playerbase is so bad they actually need these boosters to feel better.
    Why don't you hate on those people as well?

Also, as many said, LFG tool adverts are reportable.
    Also also, boosting for gold is okay.
    That’s not true at all. There are way more suppliers than consumers.

I’ve sold keys before, and it takes forever to find buyers, because everyone is selling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Then raid with a guild? People always try to overcompensate in pugs to make sure they have the best chance of downing the content. You don't have next week to come and try again with a pug. You have 1 night, and 1 night only. If you don't down the content, you don't down it.

Guilds take lesser experienced/geared players because they can build you up and you can get better with them week after week.
    i tried to join a guild multiple times and failed, ironic back in wrath era when u had to make application i had easy and more luck to join a guild than now, it is because wow social part is dying itself (not guilds), wow players are getting less and less socials, it is harder to join guild and it is harder to recruit for a guild at same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Sure must suck to be so bad at socializing and playing the game that you can't get these things by playing with your own social group.

What did you people do before the cross-realm group finder?
    make effort to join guilds, in MoP i was in second in command in guild and downed Garrosh on heroic (back then it was highest difficulty?) on my alt while leading raiding group (ironic i never killed him on main :|), i was the type who is willing to raid everyday and lead on main and alt and be ready
    but i took a long break from MoP end up to WoD 2nd patch, and when i returned i saw wts pugs 24/7, no guild wants a paladin in any role (my main), no pug without ahead of curve, which i can't get without buying a boost, which i can't do without buy tokens
    in Legion i tried raiding but the soul crushing RNG of items, i remember i tried to calculate how many weeks i need to get BiS gear for my pally and it was in years for first raid tier, and that assume u get legos and tier list don't proc too, and since then i just gave up on hardcore raiding specially since i REALLY loved to see every class hall and enjoy every class, and Legion in that regard was amazing
    tldr: u either had to make effort or leave wow, now u have to buy tokens or leave wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    I honestly will never understand people like you. If you don't play anymore that's fine but why continue to come to a fan forum about the game you don't play anymore.
    1- i have high hope that i return to the 'game' one day
    2- warcraft is a big part of my life itself, a core part of me, i played warcraft since 1995 or something, i played wc1, i played wc2 and made lot of costume maps, even using my own voice for them, i played a LOT of wc3, made custom maps too, played dota1 for 7 years at least every weekend once, played wow and has my best memories of my entire life in wrath, now u ask me to drop ALL that because wow is sadly in a hiccup? no way, for me i don't even think of play any other mmo, wow or bust, sadly it is now bust, and I REALLY hope it is wow soon
    btw i still think SL so far better than BFA, but all signs for near future are NOT good at all, i have no hope blizz get better in 2021, but I have hope that 2022 it will be better, they fire all those woke writer staff, ignore Sylvannas, and make next exp actually good, but i wonder if blizz will be able to get up from this really bad fall...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Make your own group and you can happily ignore all the boosters and spammers.

It's sad that the Devs allow this kind of behaviour. I don't care if it's "technically" allowed to "trade" for a service and receive gold. This boosting culture is one big part of killing the game for many players. I have to use an actual addon to mute all these "services". I hate the sellers as much as the people actually buying it. But I hate Blizzard THE MOST for not doing anything against it.

But hey, with recent news about all that's going on internally, I am not surprised. These people working there have a toxic environment of fear and harassment, I can't blame the average Dev too much. The higher ups need to GTFO and leave the company and be replaced by people that care for their game(s) and values that modern society DEMANDS

15+ Year Old Account
    The first time I ever boosted someone was in Vanilla, our guild leaders sold the content of the Majordomo box every reset as it was possible to loot without being part of the raid that killed him. Sales were up on the EU wow forums and we had plenty of customers. Especially anathema and Lok'delar were big ticket items, and we had 20+ hunters and priests queued up at one point.
    After the kill I would stay to summon our customers to the box together with the guild leaders and the rest would clear on to Ragnaros.
    Fair enough, I wasn't raiding then. Didn't know that was possible.

OP creatively cuts out the fact that he searched for WTS/Boost in the first screenshot.. always amazing how desperate the anti wow crowd is